Deleted

[Movies] Superhero Movies

So, Im sooo psyched about The Avengers soon comming and I love the Marvel comics so I started reading up on all the Marvel heroes.
    Wich made me think about Daredevil and how I suddenly came to think about that I havent seen that movie in years and how awesome it really is. And Daredevil lead me to Elektra, another superhero movie.

Long story short. Are there any other well made (not from the 60s, 70s etc etc) superhero movies that I havent seen? And can you guys recommend one or two?

I believe there was a pretty awesome Batman movie in the 80s (or 90s?) with Jack Nicholson being an awesome Joker. Just not Batman and Robin. Don't watch that one.

Obligatory Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, also.

Umm... The first 2 X-men movies were pretty great. X3 was meh.

Also, definitely watch Spider-Man 1 and 2. Haven't personally seen 3.

Well if you liked Daredevil and Elektra then man you are going to be AMAZED when you watch other superhero movies. Like, any other movies. Well, except Catwoman. Then again, if you could watch all of Elektra maybe you'd even like Catwoman :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Spiderman 3 is bad. Avoid it. Both the Fantastic Four movies are bad as well. Although I thought Daredevil and Electra were pretty terrible as well.

X-Men: First Class was pretty good actually, and Iron Man, Captain America and Thor were all good of course. Thats about all I can think of for recent big name comic movies. Cept for Green Lantern. What a let down that was.

The Watchmen and V for Vendetta were great, but not sure they are what you are looking for. They are both based on comics, but don't go into them expecting an Iron Man type of movie.

Deleted
    My personal favourites:

X-Men: First Class (Although personally I think it's best if you know some basic knowledge of the X-Men world or at least watched the previous X-Men movies first)
    Kickass
    Watchmen
    LXG
    Batman Begins/The Dark Knight (and I'm pretty sure the third one will be awesome too)
    V for Vendetta
    Iron Man (The first one. Second one is ok-ish for me)
    Transformers (The first one as well)
    Scott Pilgrim vs the World (Not really a typical superhero movie though)
    Last edited by mmoc9c596db30a; 2012-04-18 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Added some descriptions

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Spiderman 3 is bad. Avoid it. Both the Fantastic Four movies are bad as well. Although I thought Daredevil and Electra were pretty terrible as well.

X-Men: First Class was pretty good actually, and Iron Man, Captain America and Thor were all good of course. Thats about all I can think of for recent big name comic movies. Cept for Green Lantern. What a let down that was.

The Watchmen and V for Vendetta were great, but not sure they are what you are looking for. They are both based on comics, but don't go into them expecting an Iron Man type of movie.
    V for Vendetta is more of an... interpretation of a graphic novel than any kind of superhero movie. Watchmen's closer, but the 'hero' part there might be a misnomer. Both are pretty great though.

Iron Man 1 and 2, had totally forgotten those. Definitely solid blockbuster flicks. Green Lantern made me sad. My favorite non-Batman hero, and the movie ends up lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    V for Vendetta is more of an... interpretation of a graphic novel than any kind of superhero movie. Watchmen's closer, but the 'hero' part there might be a misnomer. Both are pretty great though.

Iron Man 1 and 2, had totally forgotten those. Definitely solid blockbuster flicks. Green Lantern made me sad. My favorite non-Batman hero, and the movie ends up lame.
    Yeah, V for Vendetta and especially Watchmen were more deconstructions of the Superhero genre, then true Superhero movies.

And so true on Green Lantern. When I first heard I was so excited. Pictured Lantern flying around in space, creating crazy constructs and fighting Sinestro or something. Instead we got Ryan Reynolds (such a bad casting for Hal) messing around on earth fighting Peter Sarsgaard is bad makeup. They should have left Earth 20 min. into the film and had the rest take place in space. Only good part was Mark Strong as Sinestro and he was a pretty minor role.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Losers is a pretty good movie I didn't think it would be good going in to watch it that's why it might have been good to me idk.
    Constatine-I have always liked Hellblazer and I like Constatine pretty good.
    Ghostrider-If you like Daredevil and Electra you might actually like this movie.
    Blade 1-3: Pretty good watches
    Watchmen: OFC
    Batman: I like them all except Batman and Robin
    Catwoman: Avoid it like it's the plague
    Sin City: OFC
    Superman: 1,2 and Superman Returns I actually like Returns but whatever some people don't.
    Iron Man: I liked part 1 didn't care for part 2 that much
    X-men: Liked part 1,Though part 2 was ok, Didn't like part 3 much at all. Xmen First Class was pretty good
    Wolverine: Meh but a lot of people liked it
    SpiderMan: 1-2 was good 3 was meh
    Capt America: pretty good
    Hulk: The one with Ang Lee directing was terrible but you still might like it who knows and the newer one with Edward Norton was pretty good.
    Thor: Very Good
    Green Lantern: Most disappointing movie I have been to since Batman and Robin
    Hellboy: 1 and 2 are both pretty good
    Punisher: the very first one with Dolph is terrible the 2 newer ones are not bad not great but not bad.
    Steel: I don't know what's worst this or Catwoman
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Decent movie
    Fantastic Four: I thought they were ok...
    The Spirit: Meh
    Johna Hex: I had high expectations for this movie until I saw the cast BTW the movie is terrible
    Green Hornet: I liked it