Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

3 day head start and Name Saving

Anybody else in here beginning to make a list of the names they wanting to save on their server of choice before the masses join that don't have a 3 day head start?

Now that I am typing this I think I just realized the amount of people that have the head start probably outweigh those that don't!

Deleted
    No, I need to come up with 5 tho..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jschulth View Post
    Anybody else in here beginning to make a list of the names they wanting to save on their server of choice before the masses join that don't have a 3 day head start?
    I'm not making a list, as I will only reserve on or two - I'm not a total dick ;p.
    Quote Originally Posted by jschulth View Post
    Now that I am typing this I think I just realized the amount of people that have the head start probably outweigh those that don't!
    While pre-purchase numbers surely are impressive after 2 months after release the "pre-purchase club" will be a minority.

Deleted
    I think there will be a mass of players who will have the head start, seeing that alot was sold out very quick

Yah i got a list of names reserved. But they are all 3 word names, so im pretty sure theyll be available as its nothing from a popular show or anything.

Keep in mind for the HOM stuff you can't reserve single word names.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    I'm not making a list, as I will only reserve on or two - I'm not a total dick ;p.While pre-purchase numbers surely are impressive after 2 months after release the "pre-purchase club" will be a minority.
    Yeah I'm not going for the total dick route. Those that try and claim all of the "default good" names and sell them later on. Just what I have used in games for years.

Well people can have the same first name as you, just not the same first & last combination. Chances are unless your surname is super original, you'll see it elsewhere.

So remember that you will see people with your name in various combinations.

Does anyone know - can you have multiple word names? (Like more than 2 words)
    For example - could you name a toon "Im So Awesome" ? (lol silly name I know, just for reference)

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Deleted
    I only really want to reserve one or two, which are names of my own. Not going to be trying to reserve Master Chief or whatever the current game protagonist is that everyone likes. Yes, I'm behind the times.

What's that? Sarah Kerrigan is free? Hmm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Name saving is a ridiculous concept; I am seriously disappointed in the gaming industry when all these years they still cant make an effective way to have two people named Bill the their game. Really its just a lazy cop-out for them to make keeping track of names really easy. When I heard you could have the same name in Diablo 3 I was thinking finally a game that will allow you to be what you want to be. No MMO allows this and its incredibly disappointing; the year is 2012 and no two people can have the same name; in my opinion this is what breeds people to make stupid or terrible pun like names simply because without special characters or terrible spellings no of them can have the name they desire so they simply don't care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    Does anyone know - can you have multiple word names? (Like more than 2 words)
    For example - could you name a toon "Im So Awesome" ? (lol silly name I know, just for reference)
    ----yes----

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    No MMO allows this and its incredibly disappointing.
    Not true. Champions Online has a system in place that allows multiples of the same name. In game you see the character's name, but in chat you'll see Character Name@User Name. Example - I had a character named Kid Turtle. Above his head you'd see his name, but if you saw me speak in chat it would show up as Kid Turtle@DayTripper.

I really liked that system. Hell that game overall got a lot right. I don't know why it didn't do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    I only really want to reserve one or two, which are names of my own. Not going to be trying to reserve Master Chief or whatever the current game protagonist is that everyone likes. Yes, I'm behind the times.

What's that? Sarah Kerrigan is free? Hmm...
    Commander Shepard

Fer seriousylz

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 02:04 PM ----------

Name saving is a ridiculous concept; I am seriously disappointed in the gaming industry when all these years they still cant make an effective way to have two people named Bill the their game. Really its just a lazy cop-out for them to make keeping track of names really easy. When I heard you could have the same name in Diablo 3 I was thinking finally a game that will allow you to be what you want to be. No MMO allows this and its incredibly disappointing; the year is 2012 and no two people can have the same name; in my opinion this is what breeds people to make stupid or terrible pun like names simply because without special characters or terrible spellings no of them can have the name they desire so they simply don't care.
    Most people like being unique flowers, including me. So no thanks. ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Never played GW1 so I know next to nothing about the lore, races, classes or gameplay, but I will be jumping on to immediately save my usual stable of names including Conscript, Swayzewolf, and a few other old WoW and SWTOR standbys and adapt them for whatever nifty GW2 naming rules there are like multiple words.

I already have all of my 2 word names reserved through GW1. That would be Grom Bloodfang(Charr Male), Yuko Shirotashi(Human Female), and Falkor the Valiant(Norn male)... Then when the headstart comes I just have to grab my 1 name characters, Scorcha(Sylvari female) and Sett(Asuran male).

Then later when I get enough gold to buy gems to get more slots, I can make another Human/Sylvari female, Lady Bloodshot and another human, Flynn Rider,and my Norn female, Jora Shadowhunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Commander Shepard

Fer seriousylz

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 02:04 PM ----------

Most people like being unique flowers, including me. So no thanks. ^^
    Sometimes you need to mow the flower bed down to have a lush yard.

Sometimes you need to mow the flower bed down to have a lush yard.
    People really like to stress analogies.

Arrowstorm.

A sad day if my ranger can't hold this name.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Arrowstorm.

A sad day if my ranger can't hold this name.
    Only names that were taken in GW1 are going to be reserved for a limited time (see FAQ). That means that one word names...say arrowstorm...are ALL going to be open. If you want a particular 1 word name, the 3-day head start is your time to get in and get that name nigh guaranteed. You can check out if you play guild wars 1 now (make an alt with the name. I actually have all of my gw2 character names saved lol) if you want 2+ word names