Deleted

Kill order as mage/disc

Hi
    I've been dabbling in the arena recently (not great i might add 45% wins) and i would like to ask for your guidance. Who should go down first? Who should be cced?
    Any help will greatly be appreciated

Before anyone can answer that we'd need to know what comp you play.

Depends on the composition of the enemy team and which target they are on.

If it's two DPS, outlive them and you win.
    If it's a DPS and a healer, let your priest control the healer with mana burn if the DPS is on you. If the DPS is on the disc and the disc isn't in huge danger of dying (AKA the DPS isn't melee) then go ahead and attack enemy healer.

But it sort of depends man, it's not set in stone.

Deleted
    Ophion. My comp is in the title

And yes mana burn is a prioriy but we mainly suck agains holly palies and shammys

Just wanted some more exp ppl to list some combos and say what they would do

For ex if i meet a rogue/disc we go hard on rogue but for the love of me cant get a pally/war under control

We know what comp YOU are, but the gameplay changes depending on the ENEMY comp. I even said that lol.

If you see a Rogue/Disc I would make the Mage to get on the Rogue and it's a mana burn battle again while the disc is cced.

Depends what spec the Pala is for Pal/Warr....I'll assume Holy but you should be mana burning him...The Warrior will most likely go on the disc (and if not he's sort of stupid) so get the Mage to go on the Warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Before anyone can answer that we'd need to know what comp you play.
    blueobelisk i know you know but they way that answer was formulated left room for interpretation. And i come agains all sorts of comps thats why im asking more general question regarding different comps. Case in play pally(holly) / warr. Im on the warr(mage) but with all the leaps charges pummels and that swirly thing cant remember the name for the life of me at this hour, my disc is having a hard time mana burning. So we end up trying to swith to war but with little luck

*bladestorm ffs

Really depends on the comp.

I'm far from the best arena wise... but coming from the priest's POV if the team contains an unholy dk you'll need to snare him too :3

I would start by rushing in and novaing them both if possible and opening on the pala. If the warr still goes for your priest, sheep him and stay on the pall for as long as you can keep the warr cc'ed for. Then switch to the warrior (who probably blew stuff trying to kill your disc) and keep the pala sheeped as well as mind controlled and feared from disc. If the cc chain works you can kill the warr by the time the pall gets out, and if not keep switching targets and after a while of mana burning you should be able to grab a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonopia View Post
    For ex if i meet a rogue/disc we go hard on rogue but for the love of me cant get a pally/war under control
    Here's a thread about disc/mage vs. war/pally

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...arrior-Paladin

Deleted
    Thats one other thing... Do i use invis at the start? Or not at all? Right now i usually go invis 3 sec before game start and try to sheep one of the opponents before they reach my disc

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    If the DPS is on the disc and the disc isn't in huge danger of dying (AKA the DPS isn't melee) then go ahead and attack enemy healer.
    Training the healer is almost always a terrible idea as frost mage/healer.

Why would you even think this?

CC healer -> kill dps, swap healer if he is in a retarded position and dps won't die, swap off once he gets LOS and tops off. burn healer if nescessary with double cc. Priest assists your kill on dps wherever possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hpalas are hard to get a mana burn on because they like their pillars. also, against a warrior / Hpala try cc'ing the warrior while you zerg the paladin, if you can force a bubble, you're golden

Deleted
    How to priest/mage:
    Vs 2x dps = Work on surviving, the longer you can survive the greater you're chances are of succes.
    Vs Pala Healer / dps = Either you oom the paladin and then kill the dps or you flat out blow him up in a deepfreeze/cs, because the paladin is usually paired with a melee just nova/fear the melee with df on paladin.
    Vs Shaman healer / dps = deep freeze shaman, fear dps (work on communication) and manaburn shaman. Once shaman is oom you kill him.
    Vs Druid healer / dps = cc druid and kill dps. Deep->fear->sheep->MC usually does the trick. Try to cc the druid when the hots are about to run out on the kill target.
    Vs Priest healer / dps = same as pala, only you can't kill him in a deep.

The most important thing as mage/priest is setting up burns. Deep freeze, nova cs, sheeps/rings with fear/nova/sheep/rings on dps works wonders!

Note that it is also possible to kill the dps with cc on healer, but it requires the enemy to play into it instead of you just burning them down and then killing them off. You don't have endless novas and if the dps can get behind a pillar you're fucked.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-04-19 at 12:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phonopia View Post
    Hi
    I've been dabbling in the arena recently (not great i might add 45% wins) and i would like to ask for your guidance. Who should go down first? Who should be cced?
    Any help will greatly be appreciated
    i think u need to kill the mage first because of sheeping and stuff. it happened to me before and i actually brought up this question on aj.

15+ Year Old Account
    DF into mana burns on healers are devastating. It should be your general rule when it comes to healer/dps setups, against 2x DPS, control the one who is more dangerous to you and kill another. In this case don't rush, play slowly and outlast them.