Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    This beta sucks. No asura. I'm not playing it on moral grounds.
    My question...why no asura?
    Whyyyyy Godddddd.

(p.s. i know why)
    Because Arenanet have decided to cut them from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Because Arenanet have decided to cut them from the game.
    Source?
    I heard the charr moo cows were being taken out as Mcdonalds made them an endangered species.
    I have no source for this though.

Source?
    I heard the charr moo cows were being taken out as Mcdonalds made them an endangered species.
    I have no source for this though.
    Gwen sent them to the slaughter house, or rather Gwen was the slaughter house.

or does Gwen get over her hate? I'm in the middle of that story line right now actually lol
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-04-19 at 06:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    We should try to be sure to keep it to objective information, imo, as much as possible. We don't want the "hype police" that are still so extremely sore about SWTOR to jump all over us.
    So just give it some, yeah it's ok.. nothing special type thing?

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I'd let Gwen slaughter my meat any day.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post

or does Gwen get over her hate? I'm in the middle of that story line right now actually lol
    I really enjoy running through charr lands with her tbh...it smells like justice.

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 06:30 AM ----------

I'd let Gwen slaughter my meat any day.
    Lolz...it's almost worth being a charr for that.
    Married though....

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you kill my ele in WvWvW? We will find out together!

10+ Year Old Account
    Married though....
    When has that ever stopped anybody?!

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 02:07 AM ----------

Anyways, I know one thing I desperately want to test until we have something numerically defined:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attack

Attacks will deal more damage when striking the target from the side or back (or above in underwater combat)
    I would like to know the specifics of this. It certainly gives melee reason to stand BEHIND the boss, besides just avoiding cleaves, and to know who is attacking who.

Like: How much more damage?
    Since it doesn't specify, does this also apply to ranged attacks?
    How does it interact with Thief Backstab, which already deals double damage for attacking from behind?
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-19 at 07:08 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    A good initiative. I plan on spending much of my time with character creation, so I volunteer myself if anyone has in-depth questions about that system.

10+ Year Old Account
    True or false, you will play as a Charr?
    I was soooo keen to make a charr warrior but not so sure...they seem to run and behave similar to that of worgen which at first I liked then I really started to hate the movement animations...might be similar for charr I feel...so probably norn sylvari or human...undecided...but lorewise I hate the human leader guy...( read books he totally abandons destinys edge or whatever they were called )

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 08:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    When has that ever stopped anybody?!

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 02:07 AM ----------

Anyways, I know one thing I desperately want to test until we have something numerically defined:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attack

I would like to know the specifics of this. It certainly gives melee reason to stand BEHIND the boss, besides just avoiding cleaves, and to know who is attacking who.

Like: How much more damage?
    Since it doesn't specify, does this also apply to ranged attacks?
    How does it interact with Thief Backstab, which already deals double damage for attacking from behind?
    First thing I will be sure to test...I'm writing this down...also I want to test the mention of unit collision...they said there will be no unit collision only with your current target enemy as far as I remember...I want to test whether you can be awesome and detarget run through retarget swivle and pwn from behind.

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 08:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    A good initiative. I plan on spending much of my time with character creation, so I volunteer myself if anyone has in-depth questions about that system.

Awesome I look forward to seeing some character creation vids if you can make some indepth vids...I'm curious to what extent you can change things for sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a question, can you get in as long as you pre-purchase before the beta weekend event?

Whyyyyy Godddddd.

(p.s. i know why)
    Because the world is not ready for the Master Race. If people could play Asura in the Beta, everyone will realize how much the other races suck, and everyone will roll an Asura.

SPOILER ALERT
    The reason Sylvari aren't in the game yet is because Asuras ride on Sylvari like mounts. Asurans initially wanted Charrs as mounts but found them better to manipulate in killing humans and hard labor.

Quote Originally Posted by Marn View Post
    I have a question, can you get in as long as you pre-purchase before the beta weekend event?
    Yes.
    /10 asura

Can't play Asura's? No big deal. Played them already :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Now let's see here
    -Shotgun
    -Fake Passport
    -Gloves
    -Chloroform
    -Fake Mustache
    -Warm Clothes

Everything seems to be in order, now where did you say you live again? I uhhhhh, have a present to give to you.

I CAN play the race I'm planning on playing, but I don't think I will.
    Just like they're hiding the Asura and Sylvari to prevent spoilers, I'm going to hide the Charr from myself to prevent spoilers.
    I've made sure not to watch any personal story Charr footage. Hell, I've even skipped every cutscene in Ascalon Catacombs videos.
    I haven't even watched the Charr intro video you get after making your character, though I WILL watch that during the BWE unlike the personal story stuff.
    I want the story to be relatively fresh when the game releases and I make my Charr. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    /shakes fist.
    That was quite a while ago when I guess they still didn't look quite right.
    Did you see Rata Sum though?

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I CAN play the race I'm planning on playing, but I don't think I will.
    Just like they're hiding the Asura and Sylvari to prevent spoilers, I'm going to hide the Charr from myself to prevent spoilers.
    I've made sure not to watch any personal story Charr footage. Hell, I've even skipped every cutscene in Ascalon Catacombs videos.
    I haven't even watched the Charr intro video you get after making your character, though I WILL watch that during the BWE unlike the personal story stuff.
    I want the story to be relatively fresh when the game releases and I make my Charr. ^^
    I'm exactly the same. I've barely watched dungeon footage...and make sure I don't get any spoilers. I wouldn't even play asura if they were in the beta tbh. I'll do norn and charr if I get in because I've seen those starter areas the most already.

/shakes fist.
    That was quite a while ago when I guess they still didn't look quite right.
    Did you see Rata Sum though?
    Nope, was during Gamescom 2011, only played high-end part with Tequatl. Asura Thief is inbound!

Deleted
    Whyyyyy Godddddd.

(p.s. i know why)
    Lots of slacking on asura =( sure it's the most epic race in GW2, we know it, and they probably deserve their time since they surely will shine =)

And my question to beta testers would have been about the asuras, so saving for next.
    The important question then is how is the game running on older computers?
    Will be some interesting read next weekend I bet

I'm exactly the same. I've barely watched dungeon footage...and make sure I don't get any spoilers. I wouldn't even play asura if they were in the beta tbh. I'll do norn and charr if I get in because I've seen those starter areas the most already.
    Indeed.
    I watched a video of the Charr starter area before I had decided to actually play a charr, but anything past the fight with the big ghost dude I have been sure to avoid.
    Then again, I've seen the starter areas of all of he playable races, it's hard to avoid and is only a few minutes long. xD
    I did skip any dialogue after the starter area, though, so that will be fresh.