Deleted

Rethrak hc vs Legendary staff

Just got Rethrak, the Poisonous Mind hc and i am wondering if this dagger + 397 offhand is better then Legendary staff for PVP as shadowpriest? When i say pvp i mean both Arena (mainly 3v3), but also non rated battlegrounds ... ty

i still think the proc from dragonwrath is superior, dont quote me on that though.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

The legendary staff is quite a bit better for PvE, I assume it would be for PvP as well.

Uuna's Weapon Ranking
    Last edited by UunaPriest; 2012-04-19 at 07:08 AM.

From what I've read, the only class that the dagger+OH is better for is locks. All other casters DTR is better.
    Sig thanks to Eis!

FC: 4570-9037-7577 IGN Michael

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklebear View Post
    From what I've read, the only class that the dagger+OH is better for is locks. All other casters DTR is better.
    Also PvP wise? cos DTR becomes better with gear .. so DTR is best when all other item items are atleast 410 item lvl .. and best pvp gear is 403

The reasoning behind DTR being better for everything but locks that I've heard is due to the fact that most of the locks damage is made up from dots, and so procs would only duplicate the dots, as opposed to MB, SS, or shatter/pyros. Don't quote me on this, I don't have access to either weapons, but that's what I've read.
    Sig thanks to Eis!

FC: 4570-9037-7577 IGN Michael

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklebear View Post
    The reasoning behind DTR being better for everything but locks that I've heard is due to the fact that most of the locks damage is made up from dots, and so procs would only duplicate the dots, as opposed to MB, SS, or shatter/pyros. Don't quote me on this, I don't have access to either weapons, but that's what I've read.
    Not true, DTR is still BiS over everything pve wise. It can duplicate everything bar a couple of AoEs (supposedly). Dots will duplicate and due to some weird mechanic these duplicated dots can also double dip from certain debuffs/buffs so they can actually end up doing more damage! The mechanic got explained at some point on the warlock forums but it was a while ago.

In terms of pvp, I would actually go for HC rathrak with a resi offhand. My normal rathrak will normally beat the damage output of my legendary and the resilience from the offhand is always wanted as a warlock!

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulla View Post
    Also PvP wise? cos DTR becomes better with gear .. so DTR is best when all other item items are atleast 410 item lvl .. and best pvp gear is 403
    Isn't T2 gear 410 aswell?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiteh View Post
    Isn't T2 gear 410 aswell?

Only the weapon.

Sparklebear, if only Warlock dots were duplicated that would still do a lot of damage because they happen more frequently, wouldn't it?

Deleted
    For Warlocks in PvP the weapon ranking is -

Rathrak HC + t2 OH > t2 MH + OH ~ Rathrak normal + t2 OH (personal preference and depending on comp) > Legendary > t1 H + OH

For a spriest, due to your heavy burst possibilities, Legendary is better, but if you want all round more spread dmg (for e.g in 5v5, or you play a comp such as Fire mage/spriest/rshaman or shadowplay which relies on dot spreads rather than overall burst like RPS, Rathrak hc can arguably be better).