Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Disappointing, good, would and couldn't, could and wouldn't, broken people, extreme, good people, broken histories, difference, middle-class, parents I don't wanna bring my possible kids home to.

Family, or main family, I consider parents, siblings, long-term partner, kids, stepkids.

I actually consider blood as the first priority, only to be downgraded by extreme circumstances. I put my own life and interests first, regardless of blood. Blood will mean that I will do an effort and stick around only for the reason of blood as it possible and in my interest. It's like I heard on Dr. Phil one time loosely, family are those who gotta take you in when nobody else wants to.

Also, I wonder about these people saying they would take a bullet for someone else, f.ex. a family member... I think this is mostly in the realm of ideation and wishful thinking. Taking a bullet to your body from a gun means just that. I wouldn't do that for anyone, unless me getting shot in the arm would mean my sister would survive. If 1:1, hell no, not for anyone at all. The bullet doesn't go away, it's you or the person who you are talking about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenver View Post
    Also, I wonder about these people saying they would take a bullet for someone else, f.ex. a family member... I think this is mostly in the realm of ideation and wishful thinking. Taking a bullet to your body from a gun means just that. I wouldn't do that for anyone, unless me getting shot in the arm would mean my sister would survive. If 1:1, hell no, not for anyone at all. The bullet doesn't go away, it's you or the person who you are talking about.
    Maybe you're right. I might also be saying it that easy, because I consider it will never happen...but if it comes to that situation, one of my brothers life or mine, I hope I got the strength to save him.

Well what if you had to choose, your brother needs a place to stay or he will be homeless but you barely speak and have never had a healthy relationship or your best friend who's in the same position in terms of housing, and neither have anywhere else to go?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    Well what if you had to choose, your brother needs a place to stay or he will be homeless but you barely speak and have never had a healthy relationship or your best friend who's in the same position in terms of housing, and neither have anywhere else to go?
    You mean if I would've never loved him..? I guess I would choose my best friend then...I guess you're right after all. It's not about blood...it's about what people do and how much you like them. I like they way you make me think about this, I think I've grown up a little today..

I will talk about my whole family, not just my parents.

Love my mother side of the family but hate pretty much everyone from my father side, my father included.

I may look a very bad person by saying this but oh well.

My father's side of the family are those kind of people that are snobs and rich, not Bill Gates rich but above average. They think they are better than everyone and act like they own everything. I hate theme so much. Like i said not all of theme, some are ok but almost all.

On the other side, my mother's side, they are very kind and helpful. They care about each others and don't act selfish. Of course i don't like theme all but in general.

Just to give you an example, i am halfway trough the driver's license and my mother's side, the poor side of my family, gave me, let's say, bigger birthday presents in order to help me buy a car and pay the classes. On the other side, my father's side, the rich side, couldn't care less.

It's just an example that the more you have the less you give.

My father's father died a few years ago, my cousins and aunts are already fighting about the money and all the goods, even with my grandmother still alive. How sad is that?

When she dies they can take the money and put it in their a**es. I don't give a fu*k about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    my family is a bunch of crazy people that drove me to insanity and love me unconditionally and because im already insane i love them back... (by family i mean mom dad and siblings, my grand parents and extended relatives on moms side aren't crazy, and i dont have a good relationship with my dad's family)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nonexistent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Nonexistent.
    Some would say you're lucky, others would say the opposite. How do you feel about it?

Batshit crazy? I hope I'm not out of line here... but that's how I feel after living 23-24 years with my folks (parents).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    I would house or try to help find a housing solution for blood relations first (by contacts or money) as long as it is healthy and productive for me. For me, blood must prevail. Not particularly sure why. I just feel some responsibility as far as it healthily and constructively can go for me for blood relatives.

Deleted
    I love my family and I envy my mom, because shes a damn strong person. She can reach any fucking goal she creates, and she doesnt take any crap from anyone. And even tho I hate when other people say shes beautiful, she really is.
    My dad is like me (or well, the other way around). Kind of a slacker, but still a good dad, and hes loads of fun. Barely meet him tho, since he lives 600km from me.
    My sister is, well, my sister. Just started gymnasiet (swedish for high school I believe) and she've met shitloads of new people and yeah, you know that age.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people I grew up with, and the people sharing my home.

Now my family consists of my mother, father, two brothers, sister and two fur balls people call cats. :3
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzwind View Post
    Some would say you're lucky, others would say the opposite. How do you feel about it?
    I left them. So pretty lucky lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how far I cast out the net for my family. I far consider my non-blood related aunts to be my real aunts than my only aunt by blood, who's a raging selfish bitch that my family cut off contact with some 6 odd years ago. No regrets about that and I've only grown closer to my non-blood related aunts so, win-win.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is a tough one to say.

My Mom, I love her to death. She is just so helpful,Compassionate,respectful and no end to her love. She also is the base of my morality inside who I am. Her family I do like except my cousin because some of the choices she has made I am not too happy about. As for my Dad's side, well they aren't really my blood family. My Biological father was a drunk alcoholic who left me and my Mom with no money at all.

So my Dad's side of the family is...quirky and a little awkward despite this they still love me all the same. I have little emotional connection due to them...being quirky and not so close to them.

Who I consider my family is not because of their blood. If I had a significant other right now and it is what I seek I would consider them more then family and blood. Heck even non significant other females if I had an emotional connection to them I would consider them family.

10+ Year Old Account
    I define my "family" as anyone I would take a bullet for. That includes my immediate "family" (Mother and 2 brothers) and my two closest friends as we've been friends since before we knew what a friend was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right wing conservative pricks. I dislike them greatly. The only person in my family that I ever liked was my Nan, but she's gone now so I have little reason to associate with them.

I would do nothing for them, and they would do nothing for me.

Chaos.....