Thread: Loremaster

Cool Loremaster

Any suggestions/strats?

Just do it. It's so much easier now that they split it up by zone. I'd say start at the top/bottom of a continent and work your way down/up.

It is easy to do... Begin in one of the lowest level for your race (Such as Azshara or Northern Barrens for Kalimdor, or Silverpine Forest in Eastern Kingdoms... Horse side of course) and simply follow all the chains. The game itself will lead you through the zones.

In some zones you will get their achievement before you get sent to another, if you get in trouble in the following zone, come back. Some zones are pretty tight in number of quests, and you need some quest from the previous to count towards your achievement.

Then, repeat for the other continent, and then go to Outland, Northrend, and the Cataclysm zones. You will find that Outland and Northrend are a bit harder to tackle.

It is really easy to get Loremaster now. Before the revamp, it was a real nightmate, specially in Kalimdor. Ah, the memories...

I am just starting this now, could use tips also like order of zones.

Deleted
    I did one continent at a time, slowly filling it in. Tanaris, then Un'goro Crater, then Silithus, then Feralas, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by alex0024 View Post
    I am just starting this now, could use tips also like order of zones.
    What zones do you like the most/least? Start in one of those and continue from there, when I did it in Wrath(before the revamp) I started in one of the starting zones and just followed the quests. As for tips, don't forget to turn on low level quest tracking(that's still in the game right?).

Do it before grinding reps, will save you a lot of time, did loremaster of Outland recently, ended up being revered with almost everything.

As far as loremaster itself, there isn't really any tricks to it, just do quests. Personally i do them in order (Westfall -> redridge etc...) you'd actually do when you level up just to feel more organised but don't think it speeds up the process.

I used an addon called Everyquest when I did Loremaster, but that was back before they revamped the zones. It told you all the quests you have already completed. Not sure if it's useful now. Also if you are a transmog person, look at the gear, my friend found a lot of stuff he liked from the new quests.

Start with Northrend and Outland. Those are a pain in the ass. Currently done Northrend and got 2 and a half zone's left in Outland. My Gm(who has loremaster) says that Eastern Kingdom and Kalimdor is faceroll and you'll easily do it under a week(casual farming).
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokirawr View Post
    Just do it. It's so much easier now that they split it up by zone. I'd say start at the top/bottom of a continent and work your way down/up.
    Exactly. EK/Kalimdor was a bitch in Wrath when I did it, because you just had this big number, with no idea what zones you've exhausted 100% and which ones maybe had half a dozen or so tucked away in a corner you missed. Kalimdor was the worst... I ended up doing my T0->T0.5 upgrade chain simply because those quests counted for Kalimdor and were the last ~6 I needed.

Then Cata hit, I had Loremaster and the individual Loremaster metas, but the individual zones for EK/Kalimdor incomplete. I've finished EK and the top part of Kalimdor. Just need to get off my butt and finish the rest.

But yeah, just do the zones, it's muuuuch easier in Cata than Wrath.

Get the Loremaster addon. It shows you where to find quests in each zone in case you are missing some

i did loremaster in wotlk by checking using wowheads maps to show me where the quest givers were.
    i don't know if this still works but it worked wonders for me as i knew exactly where to go.

Before starting you will want to get the addon Quest Completist. It will show quest icons (that you haven't completed) on your main map. You will also probably want to complete the zones that have the least amount of quests to do first then move on to the longer zones. Also wowhead is your friend

You don't really need a specific zone order. If you follow the intended questing path, you will usually pick up 1-2 breadcrumb quests that would otherwise become inaccessible. Breadcrumb quests are the ones you get taking you to a new zone that are usually "talk to so-and-so in ____". These quests do count, but they aren't necessary to complete Loremaster.

Icy Veins Quest Checker - http://www.icy-veins.com/completed-quests-checker - is extremely helpful if you need to finish the last few quests in a zone but aren't sure where to find them.