Welcome to the dark side.
    Yes another Dark Jedi

Deleted
    Welcome and your not old, my commodore 64 days says hello

Deleted
    Welcome new poster.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Welcome and your not old, my commodore 64 days says hello
    My first thing had a keyboard as well and 8 bits, but not as much memory..

I still have it in my possession ^^, and for the record its older than yours..

C64 though was totally awesome in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    those evenings playing donkey kong country after playing soccer... good times~.
    Wow, your post freaked me out. This was exactly what my friends and I did for weeks in a row during summer holidays. We went swimming in the morning, play footbal in the afternoon and play Mario Kart and Donkey Kong Country in the evening. We would repeat this every year for a few weeks with newer video games: Mario Kart 64, Smash Brothers etc...

This was my first 'personal computer' btw:

Loading a game from casette took about 20 minutes.

Afterwards I got this:

Then game the era of best consoles and video games ever made: The Nintendo era. My brothers and I lover our nes almost as much as we loved our snes!

OT:
    If feel ya bro. You're not the only one that feels that way about wow and MoP. MoP has been getting a lot of negative attention lately. Mainly due to the fact that it doesn't actually add anything new to the game. It will still be about 'forcing' people to log on, so you can repeat content to get gear, which will be trivialized by a newer patch. I think people are starting to see that raiding is more like working pro bono, than anything else.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2012-04-20 at 07:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Duck Hunt
    Oh yes...I can still hear the music when the pesky ducks flew away. I loved that red n grey gun

fuck yea you know what im talking about...man I sunk hours into pew pew'ing them ducks...I think I still have the gun somewhere =O

I remember when I was a kid and my mom sold our NES in a garage sale. I didn't really play it very much since we had a SNES now, but even back then I had this feeling that we should probably keep it. I'm sorry NES, I didn't fight for you!!

Deleted
    Anything under 35 is young. Anything under 20 is just annoying

OT: I feel you bromigo, havent been this excited in ages for a video/computer game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Now we're talking! Break out the c64 and Intellevision!

Oh.. too much? ... crap.
    Aww you just gave me a nostalgic moment. I miss my C64. So much fun when I was a kid.

OP welcome, enjoy your stay on these forums, and hopefully Guild Wars 2 gives you what you are looking for!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I remember when I was a kid and my mom sold our NES in a garage sale. I didn't really play it very much since we had a SNES now, but even back then I had this feeling that we should probably keep it. I'm sorry NES, I didn't fight for you!!
    hahaha yea the super nes had me sinking many many hours into mario go kart...i always played the green guy...not yoshi not mushroom man...the other one...fuck can't remember...koopa troopa? =S apparently thats him but doesnt sound right...

First PC I had was a Vic-20, followed by a Commodore 64, then a Commodore 128 (anyone remember those!?), then an Amiga 500 which got tricked out with a co processor, 2Mb ram (yes, that much!) and SCSI hard disk. On all of those I used to write programs, but quite and bounced through a number of machines before landing on the IBM compatible bandwagon with a 486 DX2-66.

Just don't ask how many machines I've owned since then >.>

All in all, though (and this is probably just nostalgia talking), the 64/Amiga days were the best I recall - enjoyed the heck out of both of those machines, and in some respects, wouldn't mind laying my hands on a working model of each again.

Deleted
    I had a zx81................ i even bought the brick that went with it and gave you a wopping 16k Ram!!

Never owned a C64 but my first console was the atari 2600. I also distinctly remember the day I got my NES for my 6th birthday and promptly binged on super mario brothers till I made myself sick from how hyper I was.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    I still have my NES, SNES, and C64...

Gods, now I feel like an old, old toaster.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrlundh View Post
    Anything under 35 is young. Anything under 20 is just annoying

OT: I feel you bromigo, havent been this excited in ages for a video/computer game.
    *phew* according to you i'm still young, but just barely.

Pretty friendly group ya'll got going on in here. Alot better than the official WoW forums thats for damn sure.

Anyone here have the original sega console? Not the genesis.

I also owned a Turbo Grafx 16. For the life of me I can't remember what happened to that thing.

Am I the only 80s kid who also had this nifty little NES accessory?... (No it's not me in the video, just some random vid)
    I would cheat and use my hands, especially against Cheetah, he was fast. I hurt myself a lot too playing this.

Quote Originally Posted by KobraKai View Post
    First time poster.

Well I pre-purchased GW2 last week in no small part to the excitement this forum has generated about it. I also checked out alot of vids and it looks to be amazing.

To be honest the only MMO I've ever really given an insane amount of time to is WoW. Like alot of people I leave WoW and come back, rinse and repeat.

I bought the AP so I could make sure and get in on the beta. I was excited that it would bring something new back to WoW's table.

I finally got my invite for the beta early on the 19th. After fighting for hours just to get logged on(I imagine because of the influx of new players) I started a pandaren monk like most people did and played through til I had to pick horde or alliance.

I don't know if I'm just plain bored with WoW now, but the beta didn't do anything for me. It wasnt the glitches or bugs those are to be expected, it just didn't hit me like the other expansions did. It looked great(compared to cata) the sound was nice, the pandaren model was good too.
    and then
    After choosing Alliance and being teleported to Stormwind it hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm gonna have to lvl this monk up to 85 and the storyline will for the most part be the same up until lvl 85. Yeah the Pandaren starting area is new,but you can breeze through that in a couple of hours and then you're stuck in the same grind, gear fest like always.

For some reason that depresses the hell out of me. Guild Wars has me honestly excited for a game that I havent been like since I was a child getting an SNES system.(yes I'm that old)

I just want to say thanks, This forum has alot of energy and has got me anticipating Guild Wars 2. The best part will be the newness to it. I never played GW1 everything will be a first time for me.

Will I stay with it? No one knows, but I know the first few months will be exciting.

If you made it all the way through my wall of text and survived, thanks for reading.
    Not only did i read your entire wall of text, I completely agree with you. I am in the same exact boat. I have played WoW off and on since vanilla release, but it doesn't do it for me anymore. The only reason I come back after a few months off is sheer boredom and free time. Good single player games only come out once every few months (at the fastest) and those only occupy me for maybe a week or two.

Guild Wars 2 is the first game (FOR ME) to be excited for since WoW's original release. Aion sucked, never played GW1, and Star Wars TOR doesn't appeal to me AT ALL, even though I like the movies.

Long live GW2, do not let us down!!

Quote Originally Posted by KobraKai View Post
    *phew* according to you i'm still young, but just barely.

Pretty friendly group ya'll got going on in here. Alot better than the official WoW forums thats for damn sure.

Anyone here have the original sega console? Not the genesis.

I also owned a Turbo Grafx 16. For the life of me I can't remember what happened to that thing.
    Yep, still have it. The Sega Master System (followed by the Sega Megadrive [genesis])
    Both were totally owned by the NES and SNES. For good reasons too

Nes and SmS...pffff.....who of u had this? Those of you who know what Repton was....u will get a cookie

Deleted
    I started with wow only for several years myself, wasn't interested at all in other games, also there wasn't many other games out there.
    But the game is what it is, and it's taking the direction it's taking... it wasn't good enough for me at the end even though I never expected myself to even consider another game.
    GW2 was also the game that made me open the eyes for other options out there. Since 6 months ago, I was bored with no updates about wow or in the blues and I had watched blizzcon and wasn't amazed about it.
    I felt the real wow-boredom grasping me, added to the fact that our guild died. But at that point GW2 was a looong wait and I didn't feel like playing wow at all. So what to do?
    I tried rift trial and it was refreshing and fun, had a good time playing it. Then I started Star wars and with it's fun pvp, questing and not being fantasy is also refreshing and very fun. I will also play GW2 when it hits.
    Leaving wow and trying other games made me open up my mind to how to play games. Instead of having just one game you play hardcore, with downtimes between updates and boredom, it's fun to have options out there. Right now star wars will keep me busy, and if that game stagnates either GW2 is out or Rift will release it's updates. Being stuck to one game without options or too blind to see other options will eventually bring you boredom. It's better to take games for what it is: games. And it's fun to play them, and it's all about fun, isn't it?

I'm happy to hear you opened your eyes, and you say GW2 most likely will give you fun for a while. There are other games out there as well, and more to come this year, so try them out and feel how refreshing and fun gaming can be =) We don't need to be stuck in WoW anymore cause there are no other games out there, and it's a nice change for us mmo players.
    Last edited by mmocb8e9590de3; 2012-04-20 at 10:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    thread:status:how old im trying to act
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass