Video + Commentary of MM basics for 4.3

youtube.com/user/DIsteevnash/featured

Hello fellow Hunters, recently I decided to put together a video with commentary of what I felt would be a solid foundation for a new player, or an old player enjoying a hunter alt. One reason being that my main focus so far with my videos has been showing people how to solo bosses that drop rare mounts, but I decided that doing and showing these encounters being done on my main was cheating in a way as he might be more geared than some of the people attempting these strategies, which would make the encounter all the more difficult for that person attempting it.

So I did the only natural thing, leveled an alt hunter! I got him geared to what is easily attainable to anyone with even the slightest interest in the character, which is between DS 5mans and LFR gear. After taking him to do the bosses from my videos I realized that it's incredibly important to do all that you can on a toon that is a little lower geared, where as in high gear you just nullify some mechanics entirely.

So that started the idea of the video. What my video covers in particular is:

Stat Priority
    Spec and Glyphs
    Rotation/Priority of Ability use
    Gems and enchants

I hope it is useful to anyone looking for some of the basic answers to basic questions. Video's for Survival and Beast Mastery are next on the list. Then a video on the different types of Pets that are available and what buffs they bring to the raid and the player. Then a video on Key Binds and placement of important keys on board and mouse. Finally, a video on putting yourself in the position to succeed in actual boss encounters, including aspect swapping and using disengage to cover distance faster, what phases do the Dragon Soul bosses take increased damage, and double dipping into Potions and Call of the Wild, and hopefully much more.

I appreciate you taking the time to read, and I hope the video might be useful to you in some way or to a newbie Huntard you might now!

http://youtube.com/user/DIsteevnash/featured
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2012-05-09 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    Hello, your solo videos are really concise and easy to understand. I advise anyone interested in mount farming to check them out! Cheers and keep it up.

ah perfect! That's good to hear, sometimes I feel like they run a little long but I'm working on getting them as concise as I can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually dont approve advertisement for stuff here, but I like videos that are meant to help people and such.

Made your link clickable.

Also, the way you did Kael'thas isn't the best way. Specially the pet placement, taking the pet behind the statue can increase the chance of getting pathing bug, which are nasty. But each to their own I guess.

Good stuff!
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I like videos that are meant to help people and such.
    Yup. Guide videos are always helpful

I only have 1 very very very minor complaint. Audio quality :P Buzzing sound from the microphone or something

There must always be atleast one person that complains about something.

Quote Originally Posted by Japskidin View Post
    I only have 1 very very very minor complaint. Audio quality :P Buzzing sound from the microphone or something

Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is, I record in a few different places. 2 different rooms at home just depending on what computer I'm at at the time, and then my office at work. So its just so many variables and I know so little about microphones or what causes stuff like that. I think I need a better Mic at home for sure...

No complaints here - I've been learning a lot watching your vids - Thank You.