To stop casting lightning bolt or not?

Fairly new at this elemental game having been enhancement/resto up until recently (bah at having a melee heavy 10 man group). I am happy with the priority queue but one thing I am not clear on is whether or not to abort the cast if I get a lava surge proc or hit 7 stacks of lightning shield whilst I am in the middle of casting a lightning bolt.

Any advise as to whether to finish the cast or not would be gratefully received.

Always finish your cast first.

yeh never waste your cast, lightning bolt itself is fantastic damage and gives shield stacks, and lowers EM cool down, no reason to abort it for a lava surge/fulmination.

Always finish your cast. Stopping a LB for a Lava Surge proc or something like that will always yield a dps loss.

Pretty much the only time it's acceptable to stop casting something (not necessarily just pertaining to Dragon Soul -- raiding in general) is if you have move out of bad stuff, or interrupt right now.

Obviously the 'move out of bad stuff' thing isn't even really an issue due to Glyph of Unleashed Lightning.
    That basically leaves the interrupt.

Moral of the story: Finish casting before reacting to a proc or doing something else.

Thanks all for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Always finish your cast. Stopping a LB for a Lava Surge proc or something like that will always yield a dps loss.

Pretty much the only time it's acceptable to stop casting something (not necessarily just pertaining to Dragon Soul -- raiding in general) is if you have move out of bad stuff, or interrupt right now.

Obviously the 'move out of bad stuff' thing isn't even really an issue due to Glyph of Unleashed Lightning.
    That basically leaves the interrupt.

Moral of the story: Finish casting before reacting to a proc or doing something else.
    There are bosses who spellschool lock you at certain times as well.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.