Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    You could go through rocks but you may not if the solid and the building are the same, or/and the solid may make it impossible to target and cast on anyone.

I don't think they really can't find a map material that can't make one being able to play from that roof. Really, it's not rocket science if a mapper thinks of it a lot. Those are things that happen because they didn't think to cater for, not because it's impossible, if they want to do it.

If it was worth their time and effort to change something that basic in Wow then I'm sure they'd do it. As it is, I'm pretty sure 99% of their users don't even know that its possible to do, let alone have done it themselves or have seen someone do it.
    So why would it be worth their time, with bosses to make, pets to create, and pallies to nerf? =P

Somewhat side note, but it appears that the way that Wow reduces the amount of info it has to calculate, and so increases graphical performance, is it only checks one side of a material to render and check for LoS. Therefore if they made it so that both sides of every single object had to be checked, you could roughly approximate that your game would render twice as slow. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say... they would think that's a bad thing, as they'd lose more people who would switch because of bad performance than people they would gain since 'someone couldn't be on a roof'.

I liked when my team got on top of stables.. but when the other team got on there.. no me gusta. All in all, glitches will be glitches and people will find work arounds for them either way >< But yeah, stables was always funny to see a healer + hunter combo

Deleted
    Never seen someone on that roof and I do bgs regularly so I guess it's not a huge deal and part of the reason why it hasn't been fixed yet.

And that's exactly the reason I am not doing anything competitive in WoW. There are people that will exploit ANYTHING in order to "win".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    And that's exactly the reason I am not doing anything competitive in WoW. There are people that will exploit ANYTHING in order to "win".
    you will find it hard to find a multiplayer game where that statement is not true. hell. impossible.

Deleted
    People got banned for doing something like this in WSG to hold the flag untill their team won.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    It'll be removed eventually they had the same problem with people getting on the roof of stables whenever they stopped one way people found another.
    I still see people stand on top of the node flags in Arathi Basin and solo defend points while taking a shit on everyone else with ease. I reported this multiple times 3 years ago.

I couldn't hit them as my Rogue, or shadow step to them. I don't know if Death Grip would work, or if that is Blizzard's answer for it, but I very rarely see a coordinated random BG where I have "on demand" death grips at each node on the map.
    Last edited by Jersovic; 2012-04-22 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    name 1 online game that has zero exploits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    name 1 online game that has zero exploits.
    GW 1 pvp? atleast i havent seen anything so far :P

Quote Originally Posted by Baduric View Post
    The whole point is that you can go through rocks in Wow, using some of the methods I just listed.
    (Not linking cause of mods and all that XD)
    Yeah, but you can't use those in RBG's. You can get on the roof in RBG's right now, with invisible walls you can't (Or just raising the roof).

we reported this during season 9 rbgs. went against at least 5 separate teams using that glitch when spawning on ally side. you can get over on the other roof near the waterfall too. good to see this is still in game.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    we reported this during season 9 rbgs. went against at least 5 separate teams using that glitch when spawning on ally side. you can get over on the other roof near the waterfall too. good to see this is still in game.
    So we have two possibilities:

1. Error in their ways

2. They think it's legitimate to have rocket boots/parchutes etc. for that. That's bizarre if they think such a 'knotted' combination of tactics is considered normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    ive been in gilneas for a long time and ive never seen this happen.

i was disappointed to see someone on the roof in the workshop in isle of conquest though but usually blizz fixes pvp stuff like this quickly..

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    So we have two possibilities:

1. Error in their ways

2. They think it's legitimate to have rocket boots/parchutes etc. for that. That's bizarre if they think such a 'knotted' combination of tactics is considered normal.
    Can't use rocket boots in rbgs. It's a wall hopping glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by inheat View Post
    ive been in gilneas for a long time and ive never seen this happen.

i was disappointed to see someone on the roof in the workshop in isle of conquest though but usually blizz fixes pvp stuff like this quickly..
    Well that one is not really an exploit. you can hop down from the hangar and get there.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

Deleted
    step 1 amke a ticket
    step 2 take a screenshot
    step 3 be online when ticket gets answered
    step 4 enjoy knowledge that player recieved at least a temp ban jsut like the ones who used to do it in arathi basin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post

Happened to me last season during a Gilneas weekend. It was against a partial premade. We had no DKs to grip them down. I was able to MC one of them down, but the priest healer just pulled them back up immediately. They could heal any melee fighting on the flag, but we didn't have enough ranged burst and CC to take them out. We lost horribly. I have seen groups on both houses by WW, not just the south one as a previous poster linked. It's frustrating as hell, but then again, PvP is so imbalanced I've almost come to expect crap like that.

Its really not an exploit...