No options for Holy

I was sorely disappointed to see Exorcism become a Retribution-only spell months ago. Among other reasons, that Holy will no longer have a chance at dps makes me less inclined to resubscribe to WoW. Sure it is not a high end competitive raid dps build, but I feel if hunters can try and tank with BM and warlocks (I do realize the intent is not to have warlock main tanks) can pull off a little tanking, then why take away Holy paladins chance at dps? I have talked with friends who are apathetic, but I am curious, is there anyone else who is sorry to see this choice disappear? I played WoW because it was exciting to try and pull of a shockadin spec, a ridiculous shaman tank or just a build I never saw anyone using. So, yes, I am sorry to see Holy paladins and many other classes lose their chance at experimentation. I feel the game is, too much, about experimentation and creativity to have players options limited. Thank you. (I buried it in there, but there was a question)

You will have Denounce. It will do exactly what Exorcism does right now on live with the Denounce talent selected: a ranged Holy damage spell that prevents the target from causing critical damage. You're not really losing the chance to DPS, they're just changing it. It's currently quite weak on the Beta, but Blizzard have already confirmed it will be buffed.

Holy Wrath is becoming a Holy only talent.
    You get Judgement as always.
    The last tier talents all have a dps or healing component outside of Execution.
    Holy Shock is always your key spell for healing or damage.
    Denounce is the Holy version of Exorcism. Except has no cooldown, unlike Exorcism which has a 15 second Cooldown.
    You get Crusader Strike as a bonus for extra Holy Power if you use "Battle Healer" glyph.

Glyphs:
    Glyph of Holy Shock decreases its Healing and doubles its damage.
    You get a Glyph called "Battle Healer" which allows you to dps and heal at the same time.
    You get a Glyph to increase Holy Wrath's damage into a type of "Hammer of Wrath" move.
    You get a glyph that makes holy Wrath an extra stun on Dragon and Elementals.
    You get a Glyph to make Holy Wrath single target or AoE.

If anything, they made it much easier to dps as a Holy Paladin by giving you 1 extra dps spell as holy. And a bunch of glyphs.

is holy even capable in cata? if not then it doesn't seem like it will be capable in MoP
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

If you are comparing holy paladin dps to hunter tanks, quite honestly, you will still have damaging spells (I haven't seen judgement, crusader strike taken out). Not much? Yea well neither is hunter tanking :/

Blizzard has said they are going to give healing specs damaging abilities for leveling purposes. If that's you're only reason to not resubscribe it really doesn't sound like you were going to anyway...

Deleted
    Yeah you're right, I totally agree. They took away our mana heavy dps spell and gave us nothing, not even a low mana nuke with no cooldown and no glyphs that increase damage done as holy I hate it. I hate Blizzard too. I'm gonna go play swtor.

PS: Learn to read before QQing like a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    No. Holy Wrath is protection only.

Glyphs:
    You get a Glyph to increase Holy Wrath's damage into a type of "Hammer of Wrath" move.
    Every single one of those (and as a result, about half of your post) is exclusive to Protection and not Holy. Holy Wrath is Protection only in the beta right now and serves as an AoE threat generation move like it does in the Protection rotation on live.

"If that's you're only reason to not resubscribe it really doesn't sound like you were going to anyway"

You'll notice the beginning of my second sentence starts with "Among other reasons ... ". Thanks

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 11:02 AM ----------

Thank you to those of you who posted about new spells, I have been trying to follow MoP updates, but apparently those slipped by. A smaller thank you to Eskobar for the advice about reading before crying. Buried within that paragraph of vague sarcasm I think there were some useful tidbits, but as there were no specific spell/glyph names given I am unsure. As for the question, "is holy even capable in cata? if not then it doesn't seem like it will be capable in MoP", I think that is exactly what I was trying to get at. In Cataclysm holy has the spells to dps, so is "capable". Is their dps any good? I hope it would be at least average, but I just want to see the possibility to dps stick around. A few posts have confirmed this possibility for the time being. Thank you again to those who relayed that message.

Please, let us know if you issues are PvE related, or PvP related.

Causew if you asking for Arena Pallies to do competitive damage while keeping Allies alive, well, you are asking for too much.

Deleted
    Oh well crap happens i suppose, i would support you getting it back if healers wernt so immortal.

Holy paladin will be have more choice and freedom than ever before.

We will be able to cc with repentance. We will be able to heal as we do damage, Denounce is a fine replacement for Exorcism. With Sanctified Wrath talent, during AW holy shock has no CD (!). With glyph of Holy shock you can double holy shocks damage (At the cost of healing).

Holy is looking fine. Remember there's a lot of change, but what Blizzard takes away with one hadnt it normally gives with another. Too many people qqing straight away when they see a change in MoP Without looking at the overall class.

Deleted
    1 word: Denounce,

Might want to do some more research instead of complaining that you lost a spell, while you got a much more awesome spell in return for it.

Deleted
    Blizzard already stated that holy paladin dps is "abysmal low" atm, so the extra damage will come in time as beta progresses.
    It will never be awesome ofc, its understandable and logical, but it seems blizzard wants to allow holy paladins (with the right talents and glyphs especialy) to be able to quest solo witout having to comit to retribution or protection for it.

Denouce is a spammable spell
    Holy shock is on a short cooldown and now has a proper range
    Judgement still useable as an instant on the move
    Holy prism seems interesting at level 90 for damage aswell

Glyph of holy shock gives us more damage
    Glyph of denouce same
    Glyph oh word of glory for extra damage

The only thing i think it would be usefull would be a finisher that we could use at 3 holy power. Atm the only viable use for the holy power we generate as holy paladins while soloing/questing is for world of glory self heal to activate the glyph. If we could have a holy power damage finisher (not asking for major damage here, just a somewhat more powerfull damagewise ability), it would be near perfect for soloing content as holy witout falling asleep in the process.

That finisher wouldn't be OP (i think) because in PVP if we go towards the damage route with that finisher, we would lose the ability to word of glory as a very important heal so it would balance it out itself. But, as i said, the major usefulness of the spell would be as a finisher for soloing/questing content as holy, not necessarily more damage in pvp, wich i already think we have in the form of awesome utility and snares with burden of guilt.
    Last edited by mmoc40e5aa3799; 2012-04-22 at 04:00 PM.

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 09:04 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderworldSoup View Post
    Every single one of those (and as a result, about half of your post) is exclusive to Protection and not Holy. Holy Wrath is Protection only in the beta right now and serves as an AoE threat generation move like it does in the Protection rotation on live.
    editted it out, and that was far from half my post lol.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    You get Judgement as always.
    The last tier talents all have a dps or healing component outside of Execution.
    Holy Shock is always your key spell for healing or damage.
    Denounce is the Holy version of Exorcism. Except has no cooldown, unlike Exorcism which has a 15 second Cooldown.
    You get Crusader Strike as a bonus for extra Holy Power if you use "Battle Healer" glyph.

Glyphs:
    Glyph of Holy Shock decreases its Healing and doubles its damage.
    You get a Glyph called "Battle Healer" which allows you to dps and heal at the same time.

If anything, they made it much easier to dps as a Holy Paladin by giving you 1 extra dps spell as holy. And a bunch of glyphs.
    A lot of this is actually not true, as people have said.
    You DO get a glyph that max denounce increase holy damage by 20% for 6 seconds, a glyph that doubles Holy Shocks damage but cuts its healing by 50%, and Stay of Execution DOES have the ability to be DPS/Healing. So, shockadin-type builds will be MORE viable than they are right now, but probably not super good. If you don't care about ratings/etc, then sure give it a shot.
    Like I've said before in other places, I actually believe there is MORE choice being added to the game. A lot more. And it's really awesome.

Edit: Also battle healer = melee attacks, so it's more of a Ret/Prot Glyph.
    Last edited by Valedus; 2012-04-23 at 02:40 AM.

You'll notice that I apologized earlier for missing Denounce. (This is for PvE) Thanks