View Poll Results: Having played the open beta, do you like it?

Voters
589. This poll is closed
  • Yes

490 83.19%
  • No

99 16.81%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like it, seems fun, entertaining and fluid. My only complaint is about optimizing, since not everyone has the best gaming rig out there.

I like it so far, just wish the beta level cap was lv. 15 so I could use the crafted 2-h monk weapon.

Deleted
    no. basically.

for the same reason I didnt like diablo 2. clicking on things over and over doesnt make a game imo. Its just felt very grindy, like playing ragnarok online 10 years ago or something.

The art style was nice but rest was pretty predictable and boring. But it seems that is blizzards way now, to make very old gameplay styles with a lot of polish and good art. They seem to be greatly against innovating in any way.

Also it seems slightly ironic that people cant login, even to play single player Im sure they wont have these problems at launch though.

Also from what I understand you have to beat it on easy to unlock harder modes? As someone who likes to play RPGs on fiendishly hard, and will pretty much only play it once through for story, the whole design just seems flawed.

I certainly can live without this.
    Last edited by mmoc47607dc526; 2012-04-21 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    Compared to Diablo 1 and 2 this game falls way short movement speed way to slow and nothing ever even gets close too you. Blow everything up to fast mobs do not mob you even the skills are not that very good so far. It just falls way short. Only good thing in this game is Cain other than his voice acting rest blows.
    wait you are complaining about the difficulty 1/3 of the first act, on normal, come on. If you played d2 you should understand the game "starts" on nightmare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    Was in closed beta... I found it underwhelming to be frank. Not that I had a lot of hope/hype for it but compared to Diablo 2...

The full game might be whole different story but yeah... that is something else!
    I agree,

I was never super excited about Diablo 3, even though I played Diablo I and II quite a bit.

Diablo III however just left me kind of "meh". I'm not sure what felt underwhelming but I wasn't very impressed by any of it. Maybe I've outgrown the whole Diablo concept or maybe the concept is just "old".

I don't know. I haven't pre-ordered and haven't decided if I'm going to play it yet or not.

I liked it. Enough to purchase the game? I'm undecided still.

I really hated loging into Battlenet though. I understand that is what this weekend was for, testing the battlenet servers but still doesn't leave me with a good impression. I just wish there was an offline single player option.

Deleted
    Totally love it. Completed it twice enjoyed it twice!

Deleted
    Never played Diablo before and I liked it, but not sure I'll buy it. Isn't the idea that you basically do the same bosses over and over for loot? I know that's what you do in WoW too, but in WoW there are plenty of things to do outside just grinding bosses, I don't see anything else in Diablo 3. Also, interaction with other players seemed minimal, even by WoW standards. But perhaps the most annoying thing is how streamlined the whole game is. That may not seem like a bad thing, but it is. Blizzard games now hold your hand so much, that all sense of awe and wonder is gone. You'll never accidentaly walk into a zone you're not supposed to and you don't get to explore anything that Blizzard did not intend you to. This mindset has come to pervade WoW and I see it in Diablo 3 too.
    Last edited by mmocf11091e3a8; 2012-04-22 at 12:54 AM.

It was ok, a bit easy. Was a lot more fun co oping then letting my friend go afk so i can solo it, more mobs goodness. Definetly not a title i would purchase, but made me go buy the annual pass so i can get it for "free".

10+ Year Old Account
    I signed up for beta as soon as blizzard updated their websites and added the beta sign-ups. I got into the first wave of Betas that went out february, and I have to say that the game isn't all that amazing. I know you only get to test the first dungeon thing and can only get to level 13... The problem for me is that everything is incredibly repetitive. Literally all i'm doing is spamming 2 buttons throughout the entire time i'm playing. I'm aware there are more abilities as you level up, but it doesn't matter because you'll still be spamming 2 buttons and popping the occasional button here and there. Overall i'd say the game isn't worth buying. Gameplay is on par... graphics are below par... come'on blizz... it's 2012 and you guys can't implement DX11?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Well I think I love the game.
    My beloved class (Sorc) become a messed arcane-joke, but I actually liked monk gameplay so now I have a reason to make him my main.
    What I disslike tho:
    1. Battle.net
    2. Instancing (can you actually kill Leoric by going in to last portal, not start the quest over and over without any portals opened? If so, what is the point of descendant portals besides them being some kind of checkpoints?)
    3. Bosses should give you good loot

Deleted
    What i liked about the open beta..... well the many errors i got when logging.... the game it self looked fine for the whole 40 minutes i played before getting dced....
    *fingers crossed* that this shit aint happening on release yeah yeah i know its a "stress test" but wth can you test if you cant even log on except the login server?

But yeah i like it even tho all that BS i had, and since i pre ordered the CE and ofc played D1 en D2 i want to make the collection complete.

Dont know still cant wait till it gets released what is it with Blizz games you hate them for screwing so many things up but you still cant stop loving them ><

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome so far...

Well, after playing it a bit more, I still say it's watered down. Far too easy, doesn't have the rich amount of spells that D1 or D2 had, etc. I also miss my necromancer from D2 (witchdoctor isn't nearly as cool, sorry).

Other issues:
    - I've noticed the view distance is smaller than D2, and there's no way to zoom in or out or spin the camera. Just feels very confining while D2 would feel confining because the light wouldn't go that far and you'd be surrounded by darkness.

- Far far too easy, I never once had to use a potion and never died...

- Can't melee once you learn 2 spells (wtf is this?)

Like I said, it feels very dumbed down, it plays similar, but it's really lacking in depth for gameplay. Yes yes, we're only getting to see a small part of the game, but you can see what your spells are going to be for your 2 mouse buttons, and it's lacking...

I'll probably pick it up when i goes on sale to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Impala View Post
    I'm a closed beta attendee and yeah, I LOVE it! Still the same awesome Diablo experience. I only worry what they do with boss kill loots. Repeatedly killing the Skeleton King currently does not award rare loot. I hope they change it so that boss kill runs make sense.
    I killed the Skele King once and got a rare javelin and 2 mighty magic scythes.

I loved D1, couldn't get into D2 ant all and D3 is amazing.
    Last edited by Lightwysh; 2012-04-22 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Impala View Post
    I'm a closed beta attendee and yeah, I LOVE it! Still the same awesome Diablo experience. I only worry what they do with boss kill loots. Repeatedly killing the Skeleton King currently does not award rare loot. I hope they change it so that boss kill runs make sense.
    He drops rare loot, just not every time :P Love my sweet 2H rare axe I could give to my level 3 barbarian
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i played the skeleton king thing with my friend as co-op and had a great time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    WAIT a second.. Did just compare 2 FULL games to ACT 1 of Diablo 3 BETA? or can you tell what the full version of D3 is going to be like?

Also I can't wait.. LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!

No i compared act 1 of both Diablo 1 and 2 to act 1 of Diablo 3 and what i said was all true Mobs do not mob you Playing is like in slow motion dont run fast enough game is not dark enough and if your a caster they never even get close to you so Yes compared D1 and 2 act 1 you can tell how the game feels and is going to play out. Yes not impressed with it as long as it took to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancerot View Post
    Seriously? You complain about the first lvls?
    Go play WoW as a newbie and it will be the very same thing!
    Everything doesnt happen as soon as you enter the game, so before complaining that its too easy etc, wait for the release and try Inferno..
    Im 100% sure you wont say its easy, i bet you will sit here and moan that its hard and you always get killed because you didnt expect it to be "that hard".
    I have I remember downloading the Trial of WoW 2 months before BC came out and in that few hours i could tell that it was a good game. i can see how the game feels how things play out and how it is going to be. Just like Tera beta this weekend Alot people say it sucks but its
    a different play style than most MMOs they went some where new compared to the EQ and wow clones.

But yes So far from what ive seen even videos of high lvl playing from game cons and videos on the web not to impressed so far with the game at all. And i have played the beta its not that very good.

But like i said Cain is what makes D3 his voice acting only good thing in D3
    Last edited by Starscream101; 2012-04-22 at 04:52 AM.

Freaking loved it. Never played a Diablo game before and I thought that WoW was the smoothest combat could be in any game ever. Boy was I wrong.

Only got a couple of hours of Demon Hunter exposure. Was going to go Barbarian next. I'll see if I buy it when it's released though. Might wait a bit. Haven't dropped 60 bucks on a video game in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted

I'll play it either way

I got the Annual pass and figured that I'd at least give Diablo 3 a try, I'm not amazing at most games but figured it would be a laugh to play with my guildies. When I saw the Beta was open, I figured I'd give it a try. After trying to log in yesterday and coming up with errors (For the people who didn't notice, Blizz did put a message on the log in screen saying they had capped the number of users due to hotfixing, stop complaining =]) I figured I'd wait till today! Logged in first time, picked a class at random and hoped to god I wouldn't die...

I gotta say, I really liked it, the animations are sharp, the spells are fun, I love the fact that the quests and story line is all told through voice acting, it makes you feel like your character is actually part of the story. I've had a few difficulties playing as I am using a laptop without a mouse, it makes clicking everything that much more difficult but I bought a mouse ready for the full release. The only real issue I had is that my gameplay is fairly jumpy and laggy, not sure if this is due to my connection (been having a few issues with it recently), my laptop or just the fact that it's the Beta so hopefully things will seem a bit smoother once I play the full game. At any rate, I will definitely be attempting to play the full game, if you see a rubbish female wiz chara running around, it's probably me haha