Starcraft 2 Coach

Hello there. I'd try to see if I have any luck on these forums finding a coach for sc2. I am a silver terran looking for a diamond/masters terran to coach me a little. Learning some builds etc. If anyone is interested in trying I would very much appreciate it.

I am a EU player. Name: Icdeadpeeps
    Character code: 709

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    You could watch Day9 on youtube or on his own website day9.tv

Look around in the vids they are often called what they are about, some are straight up analysing of a specific game or stat.

But you can find many, especially "Newby Tuesdays", about general knowledge and build orders.

Yeah I've been watching day9 for a long time. I am at the state where those videoes doesn't help all to much. Seeing as I need someone in the moment to coach me. Allso using teamliquid's website alot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Random. I'll give you some tips, but Terran is definitely my weakest race. Until you hit at least Platinum, don't worry much about knowing multiple build orders, or even how to adapt BOs to fit what the enemy's trying to do - you'll win all of your games simply by having superior macro.

Since you aren't at Platinum, do MMM every game. Every. Single. Game. Marines, Marauders, Medivacs. Group it all together, stim, and attack-move. Worry about doing drops later; right now, you need to forget your micro and focus entirely on macro, because SC2 is a macro game, not a micro game.

Make sure you're dropping MULEs on time and make sure you are constantly making SCVs. I personally favor MKP's 2rax opening for safe openings against other Random opponents, and it's an effective build.

Build SCVs to 10, and drop your first depot. Use the SCV that built the depot to scout; what you'll want to look for are things like Spawning Pool timings, gas geysers (and number of workers in the geyser!), and to spot cheese before it can take effect, of course. As you get better you'll be able to use the information to determine what the enemy isn't going for (if you've been watching Day9, you should know by now that scouting is done to rule out what the enemy CAN do, not what they ARE doing), but for now we're just trying to instill good habits. If you're against a Protoss, you might want to use that SCV and your first marine to scout around for proxy pylons.

You want to build your first rax at 12, and build your first gas at 13. Once the gas finishes, pop 3 SCVs in it. Your timing should be that you have 15 SCVs when your rax finishes, and at least 200 minerals. Build your first marine, and get your Orbital Command. When the marine finishes, make a reactor. You'll hit 150 minerals before the OC finishes, so make another Barracks. Make a supply depot while the rax are doing their things, but don't stop making SCVs. Always, always, always be making SCVs! Put a tech lab on the second rax as soon as it finishes.

Timed properly, your reactor, tech lab, and supply depot should all finish within a few seconds of each other. Make marines out of the reactor and make marauders out of the tech lab. If you're against Protoss, you'll want to get Concussive Shells first; against Zerg, I'd get Combat Shields first unless you see them making Roaches.

Now, from this point you have an open path to follow. You can expand, or you can add a third rax, or you can go for tech (factory and then starport.) Since we're focusing on MMM and aggression, let's go ahead and get that third rax. I wouldn't bother with an addon immediately, though against Protoss (since they'll like making Stalkers at your level), I'd get a tech lab eventually. Add a factory, build a starport, and build a reactor on the factory as the Starport works and swap them when it finishes. Make a couple of Medivacs and be ready to move out. Timed properly, you'll have a nice force of Marines and Marauders with Concussive Shells, Combat Shields, and Stimpack, and two Medivacs to keep everyone healthy.

I would suggest expanding behind this push since our main base is gonna be looking a little thin if you've been keeping up on SCV production and MULE drops. Make your second CC an Orbital Command; Planetary Fortresses are for outlying bases that are difficult to defend. Make sure to transfer SCVs and rally workers to your natural!

As your natural gets going, I'd get an Engineering Bay for upgrades and continue adding more rax. Eventually you'll want to run two Engineering Bays for upgrades and an Armory for ship upgrades, but don't worry if you can't handle that just yet - your main focus here is going to be on remembering to keep up on worker production and learning to have enough production so that you aren't floating resources.

I can't offer specific pointers without a replay!
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Dignitas Apollo, a former pro league player and now a coach for Team Dignitas, has a video tutorial series for all of the races. Here is a link to the first terran videos, and there are 3 after. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFQEQ...lK7w5XwobmmmQ=
    Also, you can pay him for a private coaching session and the rate is fairly reasonable if you have some money you are looking to drop. It is about 30 euros per hour.
    http://www.team-dignitas.net/apollo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerhunter247 View Post
    Dignitas Apollo, a former pro league player and now a coach for Team Dignitas, has a video tutorial series for all of the races. Here is a link to the first terran videos, and there are 3 after. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFQEQ...lK7w5XwobmmmQ=
    Also, you can pay him for a private coaching session and the rate is fairly reasonable if you have some money you are looking to drop. It is about 30 euros per hour.
    http://www.team-dignitas.net/apollo
    I've heard about some pretty retarded stuff, but this is a first.