Thread: Best assassin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ojg View Post
    Dont know what you are talking about, so I'm just going to go with Altaïr.
    This is why you filter what "recent topics" you get on the front page, so you don't have League of Legends-threads popping up when you only play WoW.

Anyway, Lee Sin is a perfectly fine assassin. If you use his Q smartly, or even wards and W, you can just zoom right onto people, or shield wards to get close to people fast, and then beat their face in.

I do have to say though, a fed Talon or Kassadin is some scary stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ojg View Post
    Dont know what you are talking about, so I'm just going to go with Altaïr.
    Home MMO-Champion - Forum - Video Games - League of Legends - best assassin

It's about the game League of Legends, not Assassin's Creed or any other game ;P

On topic: Twisted Fate >: D

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Yet again, rumble isn't an AP carry, he's an ab bruiser, kennen - yeah, pretty viable, but i tend to ban that small shit . And vlad being one of my mains, jeez, he's so easy to shut down @ top it's not even funny. I usually counterpick vlad with jarvan and proceed to destroy.
    I do love Talon though, but i just don't find him viable anymore.
    That's why you don't first pick vlad and get counterpicked...

And I never said Rumble was an AP carry, I said he was an AP champion. Which he is.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Talon or Shaco imo, Akali is merely broken...

Deleted
    Talon, Lee Sin or Vayne? Which one? ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Three completely different roles. What do you want to do?

Ezio Auditore and Altair are the best assassins lol

Deleted
    It depends on how you classify "assasin", for some people even like Irelia and Ahri are considered assasins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Three completely different roles. What do you want to do?
    Ugh. Misread.... thought this was the 'what champ do I buy' thread.

Vayne is not an assassin. In that case it's up between Talon and Lee Sin. Talon is better at murdering people I'd think, but Lee Sin is better off in the current meta and I just think he's stronger as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twisted Fate.
    If you get good with him you just snowball but you're ridiculously squishy all through the game sadly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    It depends on how you classify "assasin", for some people even like Irelia and Ahri are considered assasins.
    Well, something like Katarina or Talon... high burst etc

"Assasin" is a really vague term, you could interpret it as a "surprising ganker" in which case Fiddlesticks, Twisted Fate and Shaco are the best, or as a champion that can dive into a teamfight and take out someone before the enemy team can stop you like Poppy, Fiora and Yi, or as someone with extremely high burst that can 1-shot people, such as Veigar or Leblanc.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Evelynn obviously, the very best of the best.

If you want high burst melee then Talon/Fizz/Yi/Poppy; Fizz has some hard counters top, so if you get counter picked you are screwed. AP Yi is kind of gimicky, but quite fun and doable. Poppy has nightmerish laning phase.

If you want high burst ranged Veigar. Veigar can literaly stun kill ppl without mr late game. If you want sniper AP Kogmaw. If you want surprise Twisted Fate/Nocturne. These four are more viable than the melee assassins.

For some fun you can watch scarra. His most played champ is Katarina and he plays it at 2500+ elo. He also does Veigar from time to time.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Talon. I love him.

1 problem though. All the fucktards who think he should go top. I've had this before, been called a troll for counterpicking someone like Lux with Talon mid, cus 'Talon is a top!'.

And the problem with Kass is that he is banned nearly every game. The 1 game he isn't banned the first pick will instalock him, and he is stupidly easy to counterpick. You pick Kass, I pick Talon. GG wp.
    exactly this

my main is mid lux and talon is my worst enemy from assasins because of his abilities - blink, another blink and silence plus he has only physical dmg, so only hourglass counters him early (similar is panth); no other antimages are difficult for me, becasue all of them are countered by mres hard and no one has such powerfull combination of abilities pre 6lvl (2 gap closers one + silence/slow/stun)

---------- Post added 2012-04-23 at 08:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    "Assasin" is a really vague term, you could interpret it as a "surprising ganker" in which case Fiddlesticks, Twisted Fate and Shaco are the best, or as a champion that can dive into a teamfight and take out someone before the enemy team can stop you like Poppy, Fiora and Yi, or as someone with extremely high burst that can 1-shot people, such as Veigar or Leblanc.
    in other word - ambusher, someone who has ability to freerly surprise attacking exclusively by gap closer in form of fast movement or invisibility

veigar is not assasin, because if u consider him for assasin then lux/annie is assasin too - strikingly simmilar attack combo - stun/snare and burst

Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    You are a funny guy, in Teemo's profile it states that he is a support how many support teemos do you see? he is a bruiser plan and simple. Just because riot wrote it in the profile does not make it true they can intend a hero to do something and a hero can go a completely different direction.
    Obviously they didn't mean support as in Lulu/Sona/Soraka/Alistar/Taric style

but Teemo DOES have a 3 second blind (support...) his ult grants vision and a slow (support). Same with Lux, people play her as a caster carry, when really she is built like a support, but you can use her otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Phail
    She's an AP Carry. Just because she has a utility spell doesn't mean she's a support. Can she be played as a support? Sure, I've had Ahri supports before. She's built as an AP Caster, her problems don't stem from being stuck in between at all.

OT: Assassin's are situational picks and the term itself is very loose. Talon does very well top against certain matchups (Squishy, low health) & he counters many many typical AP Mids. Akali is still strong, she can win a respectable amount of lanes and she snowballs hard. Katarina works against some champions/set ups, and having fast reaction times with her can cause you to pull off some amazing shit. There really isn't a single way to say there is a "best" assassin, there are too many situational and the term covers too many champions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf01 View Post
    Who is the best assassin in your opinion?
    Akali, Kennen, Talon... etc
    I already have Katarina, Shaco and LeBlanc
    As in who is the most powerful one, with which you will always have a good game not depending on your team... That would be Akali..

In Endless games i have lost because my team were horrible, while i was rocking kills, pushing towers etc... Usually ending in 15/5 because since i am the only one actually being a threat they will always focus me hard...

But really... She is so powerful... Got a pentakill while we were far behind on kills and farm... Good times

Quote Originally Posted by asmodei View Post
    exactly this

my main is mid lux and talon is my worst enemy from assasins because of his abilities - blink, another blink and silence plus he has only physical dmg, so only hourglass counters him early (similar is panth); no other antimages are difficult for me, becasue all of them are countered by mres hard and no one has such powerfull combination of abilities pre 6lvl (2 gap closers one + silence/slow/stun)
    Another...blink?

Talon has got only one.

Deleted
    Thanks for all replies, and yea, I meant "surprising ganker". Anyway I play Katarina and I'm in troubles against who stuns me - my burst is gone.
    So I wanted something like Talon that can easily escape and has a nice burst..