Thread: glaives and MoP

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    do u know the mechanic of all the bosses in BT before u say u can solo ?
    You cant solo all of BT, but you can solo illidan.

2 bosses in BT cannot be solo'd period.
    2 other bosses are near impossible to solo, unless maybe a hunter?

Illidan is easily soloable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    It's entirely random. However, if I remember correctly, the odds that you will see them both shift over 50% after about 24 runs.
    This might have been true in the past, but not anymore:

According to wowhead, both weapons have a drop rate of 5%.
    If you calculate chances using binomial distribution, this is what you get:

Code:
    Tries needed to have a P % chance to have it drop	
    P	# tries
    10%	3
    20%	5
    30%	7
    40%	10
    50%	14
    60%	18
    70%	24
    80%	32
    90%	45
    95%	59
    99%	90
    99,9%	135

So after 24 tries you have 70% chance to have had it.
    Note that this is ofcourse a probability. Theorethically, it can happen that you spend 10 years on getting it, although the chance for that to happen is small.

Just remember that if you got it after 2 tries, you are damn lucky, and if you still haven't got it after 100 tries, you are very unlucky.
    Last edited by mmoc7f082fdd70; 2012-04-24 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    0.1% is the drop chance on the 1st, 10th, 100th, 1000th, or even 1,000,000th kill.
    Maybe if the drop chance was 0.1%.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by Ziarre View Post
    No.

Why? Mechanics. You have to have at least two people for the first boss, as you cannot remove spines from yourself.
    All of BT bosses are soloable now, at least by DKs (hunters/locks prolly too)

Najentus - either bruteforce him down before he casts his first shield (boomkin with legendary already did it), or as a DK summon ghoul and stand still while the boss attacks the ghoul. He will cast the spine on you which can be picked up at the very last second of the debuf.. Repeat 2 times healing yourself via deathstrikes when boss puts his shield (you do 0 threat that way). Then unload DPS and use spines you collected to break the shield.

Reliquary - done by unholy DK and hunter using LoS tactics. Pretty fucked up, but doable.

For monks it might be possible to DPS down the boss enough to then 1 shot him with his touch of death (depends on what HP levels we'll have and DPS we'll have) before she casts spirit shock for the first time (though I don't believe in this method ATM).

Every other boss should be easily killable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    do you think two could take on the entire instance then ?
    soloing/douing BT depends whether or not you can kill reliquary. To do it you need to be able to interrupt every 5 secs - ATM with 10 secs CD on interrupts you need 2 people. I'm not sure what's the CD on interrupts in MoP so it's pretty much down to this issue.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 10:50 AM ----------

[QUOTE=Nosonia;16552818]You cant solo all of BT, but you can solo illidan.

Which ones?
    Reliquary solo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUmhEMksRD4

Najentus solo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c7BoMT10iQ

Not sure which ones?
    Supremus - tanks/spank
    Shade of Akama - oh please - if you managed the trash before the boss then he's piss easy, just finish adds.
    Teron Gorefiend - tanks/spank, doesn't 1 shot tanks
    Gurtogg Bloodboil - 2 tactics - etiher tanks/spank or (using pet class or DKs Army) let the boss take aggro for long enough for him to cast fel rage on you - then just DPS him down
    Mother Shahraz - Tank spank
    The Illidari Council - in MoP it'll be easy, atm it's just a matter of DPSing them down fast and interrupting heals. The hardest after Reliquary IMHO, though there is a bug that prevents bosses from resetting HP after you wipe - so you just have to try few times and tehy will go down.
    Illidan Stormrage - Warriors/DKs/Rogues can easily solo him now.. And that's why you're here anyway?

In the end - if you can kill Najentus and Reliquary you can solo everything. With MoP DPS you should be able to kill Najentus before he casts his shield (in DPS spec), for Reliquary - well this might be a brickwall, we'll see - though monks for sure will be able to do everything but this stupid floating rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    You cant solo all of BT, but you can solo illidan.

Illidan is easily soloable.
    Which 2 bosses are those that cannot be soloed? I presume you're talking about Najentus and RoS, however it wasn't long ago that someone actually soloed Najentus, I can't remember the specifics about how he solved the spike mechanic, but he still overcame the encounter. RoS however is impossible to solo.

Also which encounter other than Council is near impossible to solo? Atleast I presume Council is one of them as it's pretty harsh to 2 man at times without a healer even.

But yeah, either way you'll need to drag someone in for atleast one of the bosses. If a partner can be found, why not just 2 man it? Less hassle > bit more money imo atleast.

Just want to say that I have killed illidan over 50 times in TBC - and I have never seen a glaive drop , the cherry ontop of the cake is that a offhand glaive dropped in the last week of TBC, and I did not get it either =D sadface . RNG is a biatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I two-man BT all the time. Maybe at 90 you can solo it, seems probable. With two people we tend to kill the first boss before his first bubble goes off anyway.

If you can kill RoS p2 in a single cloak. or kick - cloak - kick

Probably easily soloed at 90, perhaps minus souls.

My rogue got his offhand glaive after around 60 runs, and mainhand the run after.

najentus can easily be soloed by bursting him down.
    as said in the desciption of this video you need 43.3k dps, which is easy for a rogue in (heroic) DS gear
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em5MgsG-u3Q

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Uld 25 no lights, Heroic LK 25, Madness of Deathwing heroic, even Ultraxion heroic 10 will be solod by just outgearing them.
    Fight like Ultraxion HC can't be solo'd. Ultraxion, for example, does the instability thing (like a million damage or so - wipe) if less than 2 people are outside when he does Hour of Twilight. You'll probably be able to soak a million damage (if that's the value, don't know for sure) but soaking it every 45 seconds plus all the other damage he does is not something I see someone doing even at lvl 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instability is an auto-kill, not a damage amount. If you just walked into the instance and you're not in combat, you still die. And sure you can solo Ultraxion 10H! You just need to kill him before the hour of twilight casts! That'll TOTALLY be feasible at 90! ^_^ (I kid, I kid).

I'm unsure of the mechanics on Yoggy and our dear Arthas potentially causing issues, although I know the Valkyrie can be voided (thanks, Mionelol), the trap & space in phase 1, along with the disease and the ice phase... might prove problematic, at least* as a rogue. Worth considering if our DPS spikes absurdly, but I'd put it on hold for now hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    Instability is an auto-kill, not a damage amount. If you just walked into the instance and you're not in combat, you still die. And sure you can solo Ultraxion 10H! You just need to kill him before the hour of twilight casts! That'll TOTALLY be feasible at 90! ^_^ (I kid, I kid).
    I could see a Ultraxion 10H solo maybe happening if someone's able to find some sort of NPC that counts towards the first Hour, since then you'd have 90 seconds.

Then again, I know it's possible to get two fading lights, maybe if you were the only person you'd just instantly die from the first set.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

The only real challenge to soloing BT is Reliquary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    do ya think a lvl 90 rogue will be able to solo black temple ?
    No, I don't think so at all.

Point of the topic is, can you solo BT as a 90 rogue?
    You will come to a road block at Reliquary.
    After that, smooth sailing.