Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

What do you think of Hiroshima Bombing

Discuss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think everyone who support war should be removed from Earth. Look at all the money that's been wasted on weapons and war... People are dying into hunger or lack of health care while our beloved countries are wasting their money on improving weapons, military vehicles and what ever else there is.

Quote Originally Posted by hsm View Post
    I think everyone who support war should be removed from Earth. Look at all the money that's been wasted on weapons and war... People are dying into hunger or lack of health care while our beloved countries are wasting their money on improving weapons, military vehicles and what ever else there is.
    So... how do you propose to remove all these people from the planet?

Deleted
    I think everyone who support war should be removed from Earth.
    As long as there will be religion, currency and scarcity of any resource, there will be conflicts.

On-topic: Nuclear weapons should never have been used, but in hindsight, it might have been a last resort action.
    It took two of those terrifying nukes before Japan decided it was time to quit. Apparently, the first one did not get the message across.

I think that most of the wars were started by people who thought "I think that everyone who <random reason> should be removed from Earth"
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was already a huge thread discussing this in quite some detail. Starting a thread with a video and a simple "discuss" isn't really the makings of a good discussion either.

Here it is: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post16150830
    Last edited by Theodon; 2012-04-23 at 08:12 AM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    As long as there will be religion, currency and scarcity of any resource, there will be conflicts.
    Unfortunately this is true. I don't support any war action these days, but certain retaliatory actions I could support. While that animated movie is decent at showing the havoc that is a nuclear weapon, I strongly recommend watching this film:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroshima_(film)

I watched it on netflix quite a long time ago, not sure if it is still available for instant streaming. In any case it is very well done.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this topic and the dropping of the A-bomb in general gets brought up about once a month and the same arguments are regurgitated over and over. This thread will turn into a flame war and eventually be closed in approximately 6-12 hours.

A couple people will say the US saved lives by ending the war.
    A couple will say that nobody should have Nuclear Weapons and that the US is inherently evil for using them, inciting a US vs. X argument and eventually derailing and closing this thread.
    Last edited by Clevername; 2012-04-23 at 08:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^This n' nothing more!

Where do I vote for you to become a united worlds president?

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    an advanced alien race can threaten to wipe us off the planet if we don't submit to their rule and stop all conflict/violence. they would annex us basically, we'd maintain a slave status but they would in turn wipe out disease and advance our technology as well as just improving quality of life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    On-topic: Nuclear weapons should never have been used, but in hindsight, it might have been a last resort action.
    It took two of those terrifying nukes before Japan decided it was time to quit. Apparently, the first one did not get the message across.
    Also, if the US would have done a conventional invasion of the Japanese mainland, there would most likely be much greater casualties, as the Japanese would probably fight until the last man. Not to mention the huge amount of time it would take, since the Japanese would probably retreat in to the mountains and clearing all of them out would likely take years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Initiate hitler v2. Executing by injection, in the long run it'll be cheaper then the required funds alone to keep weaps up to date or even just maintained.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    an advanced alien race can threaten to wipe us off the planet if we don't submit to their rule and stop all conflict/violence. they would annex us basically, we'd maintain a slave status but they would in turn wipe out disease and advance our technology as well as just improving quality of life.
    Knowing humans, someone would probably launch a whole lot of nukes at the aliens to defend themselves, which would likely cause the human race to get wiped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Discuss.
    The glass shard "zombies" were a nice touch..

Getting on with reality now. I don't think much of it. I mean it was a terrible tragedy and (most of) the world has learned much from these events. I always think the inclusion of non-military targets is a terrible decision. I mean just months ago the biggest nuclear bomb was dismantled. The devastation actually done (not the anime sci-fi horror seen above) and the memory of the terror will always be with the world. While most of the world looks to remove nuclear weapons from existence there are obviously those who would like to cause that kind of damage to other parts of the world with no remorse. I think the actual use of nuclear weapons is a mistake the world will not need to see repeated.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Well us inventing and using Nuclear weapons made us a very big interest to ceratian Et's that will not allow us to destroy this planet. Take that for what you will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using the nuke itself wasn't a bad decision a regular invasion would prob have cost mosre lifes on both sides. However..
    I dont disagree with the target they chose ( and the 2e one wasn't justifiable in anny way ). They targeted civilians which was wrong simply showing they had the weapon and what it could do would have gotten the same mesage across without slaughtering innocend people.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just disappear in a mystical way.

I think it was great let's do it again.

<Infracted>

*EDIT* Yeesh I thought it was obvious I was being sarcastic :O
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2012-04-24 at 01:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    as much as i can get hated for saying this but yea. "peace is a Lie"

the reason I say this is that we can now never have peace as long people fight for religion ( dumbest things ever) and people think that they are from countries and not.. from the same planet.

The moment that humankind will think as people from earth instead of people from america. china. england. germany or iraq. will be the moment war on earth will stop and tech will advance.

but on the bombing of hiroshima it is realy a 50/50. no 1 knew what would happen if they did it nor the results. it was realy the point of. they were Desperate

No Tusk Club.

Nuclear weapons shouldn't have been used, they're way to destructive and damaging long term.