GuildWars 1&2 Lore

Hey guys,

For all those who are interested in lore, there is this guy named "WoodenPotatoes" on youtube who makes lore videos very often, everyday if im not mistaken. He talks about every bits of lore in the universe of GuildWars. If you want to get some lore insight, watch his vids, their really good. The series in which he talks about lore is called Guild Wars 2 Daily

His channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/WoodenPotatoes

10+ Year Old Account
    Already subbed, His videos are really informative its great even though he only has limited footage.

Yes, but pretty much every question i've had has been answered by him and he'll have new footage in like 4 days or so from the new BWE.

Personally, I got what I wanted lorewise from just reading the wiki entries for each of Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, EotN in the "story" section.

On a tangent - is it narcissism that makes people do this stuff as videos?
    I mean, everything from 'how to' to this sort of informational thing USED to just be text on a page (you know, non-linear, you could skip through the bits you didn't need, you could skim, etc.) and now it's more often a 'video commentary' or 'video tutorial' that is far less usable.
    -Styopa

Quote Originally Posted by styopa View Post
    On a tangent - is it narcissism that makes people do this stuff as videos?
    Partially narcissism, partially money. You can earn money on adverts that youtube displays alongside your videos.

You could probably argue that most content creators are driven mostly by these two forces. Which is a great thing, because they make content easier to access to satisfy the former.

Deleted
    Already subbed, and I have learned much from his videos, it's great!

I haven't watched this yet, as I haven't had 90 minutes of uninterrupted time, but I am told that the 14th episode of Tales of Tyria podcast is WELL worth watching:

http://www.talesoftyria.com/tales-of...lore-show.html

He's definitely a really good resource for GW-related stuff.

Deleted
    I would like to watch it, but... spoilers...

*torn*

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    I would like to watch it, but... spoilers...

*torn*
    GW1 spoilers, the only GW2 stuff is on mechanics and his personal speculation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    GW1 spoilers, the only GW2 stuff is on mechanics and his personal speculation.
    Yeah... but I'm still playing GW1, and I haven't completed any of the campaigns yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Yeah... but I'm still playing GW1, and I haven't completed any of the campaigns yet...
    Oooh.

Well, uh. Good point.