Deleted

Ultraxion 10 man hc help

Ok so were getting Ultraxion to about 3% everytime and wiping due to the healers being oom. Our setup is:

Holy Paly
    Disc Priest
    3x Hunters
    Mage
    Prot Pally
    Prot Warrior/Feral Druid depending on who turns up
    Dps warrior
    Feral Kitty Druid

So the holy paly(me) takes the red buff asap and then our disc priest takes the green i think. We can get to the phase where the damage steps up with me still on about 90% mana but the raid takes too much damage for us to heal through...im not sure what the priests mana is at that stage but i dont think its far behind mine. Could anyone give some constructive help to improve this, eg buff swaps or certain targets to keep alive etc

Disc should never get green, only red or blue.

Disc should take red and smite till about 2-3 minutes in, the pally should get green then blue. You can go down to about 10-20% mana by the time blue comes and then literally only use Holy Radiance, anything else is a HPS loss.

You have have no problems doing the soaking with 3 hunters, so I won't worry about that.

Do your tanks have 4 set? Remember tank cooldowns have double duration and half cooldown, so you can basically chain tank raid cooldowns the entire fight to help on heals.

Other than that I don't know, I solo heal it as a Holy Priest but that's because we have the DPS to kill it before 4 minutes. I know Holy Paladins solo healed it easily up until 5 minutes.

Make you pop bloodlust at the start with pre pots. It's a much bigger DPS gain than using it towards the end of the fight. Also make sure your hunters know how to "pre-pot" with their pet buffs (call of the wild).

Past the 5 minute mark the damage is basically unhealable without raid cooldowns (maybe it is now, but we didn't have a Holy pally pre-nerf and it wasn't healable for us). Aim to kill it before 5 minutes and chain raid cooldowns between 4-5 minutes.
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2012-04-23 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    Christ ok thanks, that is exactly what i wanted to here, so basically i pick up the green buff first then drop it for the blue when that hits

my only suggestion to this would first of all if you can roll a blood dk for one of your tanks makes this and many other fights much easier to heal also make sure your meleein the boss due to the fact that regens your mana and dont let you judgment buff fall off. Your priest should be using his hymn when both heals need it and shadowfiend when he does make sure to be liberal with your cooldowns such as your divine aegis(disc priest) your tanks raid cooldowns and your cat/bear depending on if you have both or not both have an innervate that they can give whoever needs it which i suggest using earlier in the fight so they can maintain uptime on the boss. Other than that just keep an eye on your cooldowns both raid wide and personal for people who are taking excess damage hope this helps at all and good luck ultraxion is notorious for 3% 2% and lower wipes

make sure your hunters are surv spec and doing crap for numbers. with three geared hunters in your group if they are all surv pulling their weight you should have absolutely get 2 and 3% and killing him every single time.

Deleted
    -You could go with only one healer (holy pal obviously). The extra ~15% dps would mean the boss would die much faster, hopefully before your healer gets oom.
    -Hero/bloodlust 2-3s after the pull : if you annonce it on vent your healer(s) can use their heroic will skill just before you use it, and not get the debuff, so you can use it again at the end of the fight.
    -make sure your hunters bring the right pets. Your raid compo is lacking quite a lot of buff/debuff. Top of my head 4% phisical damage debuff ( ravageur) 8% magical debuff (wind serpent) 30% bleed (hyena), Maybe have a hunter go BM for the 3% damage buff too ?

You failed to mention at what time you wipe. If it's 5:50 due to mana then its a dps problem. If you are wiping at 5:00 then its a healing problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cheese it, tell the Disc to go Shadow, Holy Paladin can go Red or Green until Blue spawns. Should be long dead with 1 healer and 7 DPS before mana becomes an issue.