Poll: Do you have a Girl/Guy that got away?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you have a Girl/Guy that got away?

Me and my Friends were chatting the other night and we discovered that we each had a Girl that got away.
    A Girl we all thought was perfect and we were going to end up with but because of a mistake or a missed opportunity we didn't end up together.

So is this the case for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really like the phrase, for various reasons. But sure, there have been women with whom I've been head of heels for that didn't return the feeling. I've also been on the receiving end. Once I realized it wasn't just bad timing, and that "love" is a two way street, it became much easier to shrug off and move on. Anything else can become unhealthy.
    Last edited by Maharishi; 2012-04-23 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    Haven't been in love, had one crush which didn't last long (got bored). I guess I'm content without a female counterpart.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a girl in highschool that I was absolutely crazy about. I'm not good with displaying emotions to other people, though, so I just kept it to myself. Didn't believe I could ever get her to find me attractive anyway, so I didn't bother. Just tried to be as good of a friend to her as I could.

Then after I'd lost contact with her, I was talking to one of her old friends and mentioned the whole ordeal. Her friend then told me that this girl had a crush on me for the longest time and was waiting for me to make the first move. I then had one of those moments when I thought back on the last several years and it became painfully obvious. This girl had been pretty much throwing herself at me for years and I'd been blinded by my own fear. I felt pretty shitty after that.

Now I just try to repress the whole thing and forget that it ever happened. So far I've been rather successful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Now I just try to repress the whole thing and forget that it ever happened. So far I've been rather successful.
    Until now.

*Cue emotional breakdown*

"she got away"

yes. A woman I knew for two years, all the while being neglected and emotionally manipulated by her asshole of a boyfriend. After two years I couldn't hold my tongue. I told her how I felt. She returned those feelings. We both knew something had been there between us for a long time. Anyway, started hanging out, professed our mutual love, things progressed as they do, wonderfully for a while, but she never could get the courage up to leave this guy. Gave him another chance. Assholes always get "just one more" chance. She used her guilt that she had cheated with me to rationalize to herself that she owed him. Personal insecurity and co dependence ftl. Never "clicked" so well with anyone before. tried to convince her she deserves better. feelsbadman

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely. It was a rather... complex... situation, though, so maybe it's for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's fair to say damn near everyone has had one, it's the nature of the world. It's damn near inevitable, it's the nature of social beings, particularly those with a huge amount of societal pressures on the matter.

She didn't get away, just friend zoned me..it's cool i will break out!

---------- Post added 2012-04-23 at 09:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Haven't been in love, had one crush which didn't last long (got bored). I guess I'm content without a female counterpart.
    You lucky man. Love sucks.

Deleted
    Just recently got friendzoned by a girl I've had a crush on for months. Though i'm starting to get the feeling she's just afraid of reaching out. And i'm afraid of reaching out and getting crit by friendzone.

Love's a biatch.

kinda yes.. but im still trying to get them back..

10+ Year Old Account
    So far no.. Unless she would break up with me.

Let's hope that doesn't happen!

Deleted
    I had a boyfriend for 6 years who I thought was close to perfect but he turned out to be a lying, cheating, selfish scum in the end. I wish he had gotten away before I fell in love with him and before he stole 6 years from me just to cheat and tell me "tough luck, you should be happy for me" in the end.

I got really close with this one girl and it was clearly going to end up in a relationship, but then she went and moved away to attend a different college (we met at a community college, she went on to a 4 year, already had plans to go before we had met). We had plans to see each other every once in awhile still since she was only about 4 hours out, but a bunch of crap went wrong with her and now shes stressed to all hell so shes not really thinking of anything else, and we eventually fell out of contact I tried to reach out to her but it was pretty clear she simply didn't have the time/will to continue as it became harder and harder to speak with her.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted
    Yup, we talked and talked and hung out and you know, did all sorts of things. I helped her out of a mild depression etc etc. I really got the feeling that this might just be something, and then after a weekend, BAM friendzoned. Apparently she found some other guy and "love at first sight" struck her. Well well, we're still friends and I'm happy for her =) But I got so suprised at the friendzone, one of her best friends talked to me and she also thought that it was going somewhere and was equally surprised with the friendzone =P

yup this korean girl when i was in korea, i should have married her

Quote Originally Posted by Rakama View Post
    Just recently got friendzoned by a girl I've had a crush on for months. Though i'm starting to get the feeling she's just afraid of reaching out. And i'm afraid of reaching out and getting crit by friendzone.

Love's a biatch.
    Same here, mines years though :S

10+ Year Old Account
    She got away... and her little dog too! What a world!

(thread title is ambiguous)
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

I made a mistake and lost something amazing in my life. Still regret it everyday.
    www.scrubbusters.com/ Currently World 12th 6/6hc
    ★★★twitch.tv/hyperia★★★ - Weekly raiding blog.

Quote Originally Posted by darassper View Post
    Me and my Friends were chatting the other night and we discovered that we each had a Girl that got away.
    A Girl we all thought was perfect and we were going to end up with but because of a mistake or a missed opportunity we didn't end up together.

So is this the case for you?
    Yeah, she got away. Good thing I was wearing the mask.