Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Beta Impression by Someone Who Actually Matters

I've played D1 & 2 far more than someone who isn't an obsessive autistic should, and still I revisit both of them yearly. In fact, basically the only reason I'm still running Windows XP is so I don't have to go through all the extra bull**** to play D1.

I finally got to play the beta I should have had access to from day 1, but didn't until last night.

I started with a barbarian because all of the other classes suck from a lore standpoint. Now that I've tried all of the classes, the barbarian remains my favorite. However, the monk is a lot of fun too, and the demon hunter (even though I think they embody everything that is wrong with how they're approaching the story now) is quite fun to me as well.

Now that I've played through the beta (a lot of times) I've been thinking about all of the negative things that I can recall, and conveniently I was forwarded to a terrible thread written by some idiot that basically sums up all of the complaints about D3. And as a long time Diablo player, I felt I should reinforce how stupid these complaints are.
    Originally Posted by some idiot
    -There is no "game search" window like Diablo 2 had in BattleNet.
    He goes on to talk about how making friends in D3 will be more difficult without this game search. If you spent any time at all looking for friends in D2 then you're a sad person. I don't play video games to make friends, I play video games cause I actually think they're fun to play, what a ridiculous concept right?

-You can no longer choose where to put your attribute points.
    Leveling up stats was probably the most pointless thing in the world in both D1 & 2, there were several times where I didn't even bother leveling up my stats until I found an item that required me to have a certain stat. So the D3 devs trimmed the fat? omg **** game

-You can no longer choose from a MASSIVE skill-tree system for thousands of different "Builds" like in Diablo 2.
    lol "massive." good joke. Here's how the skill-tree worked: you either followed a cookie cutter build in order to be viable at all in pvp or Hell difficulty, or you set out on your own and became completely useless after nightmare. D3 cut out more useless decisions? omg simplified casual game

-Dungeons are barely random
    They're just as random as D2. This guy apparently expects dungeons to be labyrinths.

-The minimap is too small a LOT of times, and when you want the map "blown up" via the TAB key it becomes an "interactable" interface.
    I had no problem with the minimap. It might be too small if you're as visually impaired as you are mentally, but in D1 & 2 I felt that if I didn't have the minimap covering the center of the screen I was blind, and if I did the screen was too cluttered. The way it is now is perfect.

-As meantioned before, Pulsating Quest Markers.
    Communicating clearly to the user where you need to go to progress? Wow, what terrible game design!

-The game is so ungodly easy it's rather sad.
    If you had any trouble the first 1-13 levels in D2 normal difficulty then you have bigger problems than a game being "easy." Like mental retardation.

-Mana regenerates too quickly
    You don't run out of resources in the beginning of the game where typically only 1 skill cast will kill an enemy? FOR RILL?

-Itemization is a laughable joke now
    This complaint is basically "Omg you don't have to do differential equations to figure out how good an item is? stupid casual noob game." if I need to elaborate further on why this is idiotic then you're already a lost cause.

-The game simply isn't "Dark" enough.
    It's as "dark" as D2.

-Uninspired classes lead to dull gameplay
    several of the classes are idiotic from a lore standpoint but the gameplay isn't dull.

-Finally, the "Art Style" completely detracts from the immersion within the Diablo universe.
    This is purely taste.

There's also a thread about how the skill switch stuff on the fly will kill the longevity of the game because you don't have to make an entirely new class when you **** up. If you think that making a new class was part of the reason D2 was so replayable then you obviously have more time than brains because that was a massive design flaw.

D3 is a good game, the worst parts of it will easily be the ridiculously predictable story, the designed by a 12-year-old-who-just-figured-out-what-to-do-with-an-erection end game armor, and the terrible cheesy dialogue.

I don't think saying that you actually matter and no one else does is going to earn you many fans..

But I somewhat agree with what you have said although I have not played d1 d2 d3 beta..

10+ Year Old Account
    don't worry about missing D3 beta :P I think I played a good hour of it

it's basically Diablo 2 online with better graphics

you not missing anything

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

You posted this in the wrong forum.

There will not be any possibly sarcastic remarks about this sole fact, because MMO-Champion is the most creative group of people I have ever had the pleasure of reading the opinions of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Implying that you matter.

FYI, your opinion doesn't matter.

If people like the game, they will buy it. If they don't, they won't.

This thread, Authored by "some idiot"

I fail to see how you actually matter. I find your derogatory and dismissive tone very annoying. That said some of the points you bring up are good. (Again they would be better if you didn't refer to anyone with a different opinion an idiot)

10+ Year Old Account
    I sort of feel like putting some effort into cutting and pasting something the OP said, then say "some point by an idiot". OP, I only half read what you listed because of the sheer arrogance that came through in your post. Didn't matter if they may have been good points, anyone that disregards to the level that you did of what other people have said or have opinons of, is not worth much time of consideration.

I dont know if D3 will have the longevity that D2 had, but one thing seems to be sure, it will does have it's fans, and it will be successful - for a little while.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    I might have read this post, instead I just read the title. Enjoy being full of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by DominickBunny View Post
    This thread, Authored by "some idiot"

Couldn't agree more, OP you have an ego much larger than your lower appendages it seems

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw title, clicked the thread, skipped the text
    Favorite Owned Title: Champion of Ulduar
    Favorite Owned Mount: Ashes of Al'ar
    "Prisoners? Ha. With it bindings unshackled, its gonna' come after us, and we're going to be the prisoners" -- Brann Bronzebeard on Yogg'saron

And why is the under World of Warcraft > General Discussions?

Quote Originally Posted by reuben001 View Post
    It might be too small if you're as visually impaired as you are mentally,

If you had any trouble the first 1-13 levels in D2 normal difficulty then you have bigger problems than a game being "easy." Like mental retardation.

if I need to elaborate further on why this is idiotic then you're already a lost cause.
    Angry much? I think you need to lay off the personal attacks.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Labz View Post
    And why is the under World of Warcraft > General Discussions?
    Because he matters so hard he doesn't need rules. Lawl

10+ Year Old Account
    What is he a whale biologist?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Lol what type of douche declares himself "Someone who actually matters" thats basically saying hey all of you random people on this forum-Yea you-You all mean nothing and everything you say means nothing-listen to me! Im important! What an ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    Couldn't agree more, OP you have an ego much larger than your lower appendages it seems
    That's pretty harsh considering that ego doesn't have any mass.

OT: Can't say that I disagree with everybody else about how you presented your post. Some of your points are valid but I can't help but think that a lot of your defense of the game is directed related to you being "an obsessive autistic" in regards to the last few games.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

I hate to break it to you, but you don't matter enough to have made this post the way you did. You certainly haven't presented your argument in such a way that it makes me want to grant you any more credibility than "some idiot" just posting baseless opinions.

haha ''game isnt dark enough'' i laughed xD
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal