Page 1 of 2
LastLast

For the people that played the previous beta.

The beta client is updating since now. So if you have the older client run it. Good day.

So late to the party

Deleted
    So Jelly, still can't download from account.guildwars2.com

where do you even go to DL it...

10+ Year Old Account
    nice am i weird think thinking the updater looks nice lol.... but really i think it does xD
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Too bad I deleted the old client and gotta wait now for new one.
    Ah well I guess Anet will release it today/tomorrow anyway.

Check this

twitter.com/#!/GuildWars2/status/190587729568997379

but then theres this

guildwarsinsider.com/beta-client-updates/

Doesnt change anything for me... I get error that it cant find gw2.dat file or has no access to it (after the launcher updates itself).

Deleted
    So odds are pretty high we'll get the official email with official download link any moment now...

Quote Originally Posted by fs161200 View Post
    So odds are pretty high we'll get the official email with official download link any moment now...
    Not "Any moment now", more like before Friday, Probably Thursday morning or Wednesday night to give time to download, if before, even better.

Downloading at 32kb/sec pls tell me thats on your end and your using a internet connection from 1995. Guildwars 1 had really slow upload (250kb/sec max) I hope they dont suffer the same downfall. Its not a deal breaker for me or anything its just annoying cause at 32kb a sec it would take over 4 days to download the client.
    Last edited by Hellspawnxxx; 2012-04-24 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    Downloading at 32kb/sec pls tell me thats on your end and your using a internet connection from 1995. Guildwars 1 had really slow upload (250kb/sec max) I hope they dont suffer the same downfall. Its not a deal breaker for me or anything its just annoying cause at 32kb a sec it would take over 4 days to download the client.
    I started at barely 1,5MB/s, got 40% and then it started to slow down (I guess more people are attempting to DL it). Right now I have stable 600-800kb/s which is pretty horrible :/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm, not to ruin your moments here, but aren't you all breaking the NDA by telling us you were in the previous beta?

Quote Originally Posted by trakbob View Post
    Erm, not to ruin your moments here, but aren't you all breaking the NDA by telling us you were in the previous beta?
    I wasnt invited to previous beta, I forced myself into it... No NDA signing for me :P.

Deleted
    Technically the beta client could've been acquired from anywhere. A friend who sent you the download link, downloaded from an unofficial site, stumbling across the link through trial-and-error... just having the beta client doesn't actually prove it's been used.

The client has been leaked from previous betas anyways. And folks who prepurchased could have gotten into the stress test without signing an NDA due to ANet dropping the ball. So I was never bound by an NDA. And stop being a fanboy/tattler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachui View Post
    The client has been leaked from previous betas anyways. And folks who prepurchased could have gotten into the stress test without signing an NDA due to ANet dropping the ball. So I was never bound by an NDA. And stop being a fanboy/tattler.
    I say stop being ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squalion View Post
    Not "Any moment now", more like before Friday, Probably Thursday morning or Wednesday night to give time to download, if before, even better.
    I'm purely speculating here but I got the impression from the press ppl that they got the mail 72 hrs prior to CB start. That would mean tuesday 21.00 hrs CET if they keep to that schedule. If the client ppl are currently downloading is in-fact the one to be used at BWE they seem to have IS set up so it seems a reasonable guess...

Reg download rates, aren't they using P2P for downloading? if so the speed would prob go up a lot as it gets seeded out...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Technically the beta client could've been acquired from anywhere. A friend who sent you the download link, downloaded from an unofficial site, stumbling across the link through trial-and-error... just having the beta client doesn't actually prove it's been used.
    I see. Well, carry on then
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachui View Post
    -snip- And stop being a fanboy/tattler.
    Seriously? I don't even...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trakbob View Post
    Seriously? I don't even...
    First rule of the GW2 section (or maybe the entire MMO-Champ forums), don't pay any attention to any posts pointing out anyone as a fanboy.