Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

I'm not proud of it.

I forgot what the first album I ever bought was. Probably because it was the ONLY album I ever bought.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

let's go by rancid.. still one of my favs to this day.

Deleted
    Talking vinyl, it was a 7inch limited edition copy of Na Na Na by My Chemical Romance. Talking a full album on vinyl, Melody A.M by Royksopp. Talking any media whatsoever, it'd have to be The Black Parade is Dead! by My Chemical Romance.

Deleted

First album I bought myself, at least that I can remember. Had it for a week and mom found out. Made me return it to the store. lol.

First I remember owning. Had it on vinyl. Wore the record and many needles out

The first albums I bought with my own money were Soundgarden - Superunknown and Green Day - Kerplunk.

Boy have I come a long way.

That would be Metallica's the Black Album. It was already out for more than a decade when I bought it, so it was not something new at the time but having heard of the band from a close friend and getting mesmerised by some of their songs that I listened to, I went out and bought it. Needless to say I was doing almost nothing else but listening to it for a looong time. Then went for a dive to their older stuff, although I found it hard to believe that the James Hetfield that sang on the Black Album was the same James Hetfield that was on Ride The Lightning. Such a big change in voice! And of course the 10 years of advances in recording technology and musical instruments. One of my happiest memories and still my most favourite band!

Deleted
    I think that was Dangerous by Michael Jackson on MC. Still underrated, I think :-)

It was my 10th birthday and my older step brother convinced me to spend my birthday money on this.

I never regretted it.

“I’m tired of being crushed under the weight of greedy men who believe in nothing.” - Jax Teller

15+ Year Old Account
    Got it for my Bday.

And this is the first i got myself.

That no1 has mentioned Californication yet suprises me O.o
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by havenwood29 View Post
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/ANThology_AAF.jpg

I'm not proud of it.
    Aww, what's wrong with classic AAF? That CD has hosted many late night bedroom rendezvouses many moons ago.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I bought a couple of albums that I don't really consider to be the albums I first bought, because I got the music from a friend beforehand and I was just replacing it when I lost it. (Californication, By the Way)

The first album I bought was Nevermind, but the first album I bought that I would be really proud to say I own is

my god. fucking amazing album, I suggest listening to it the whole way through if you haven't listened to it before. the tracks just keep coming. As the very first song says "if you want more beats for your buck there's no luck".

First one I bought was Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Was on the tape, not CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    ever bought for me? damn thats a good question. i guess the soundtrack to space jam that i had on a cassette tape.

after that the one i bought for myself id have to say.

lol i still listen to that band even to this day.

Bought two at the same time for my first LP's

Deleted
    The first album I ever bought, I cannot remember. However I do remember the first album I ever wanted and got:

15+ Year Old Account
    Good times, man. Good times.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 07:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezeria View Post

This is the first CD I bought, and first actual music group(non-soundtrack) and I'm not ashamed!
    This was probably my second. lol. THEY'RE SO FUN.