Trouble Upgrading Windows vista 32 bit to windows 7 64 bit

Hello all!

I have recenlty purchased the update for to windows 7 (and upgraded my RAM to 8 gig) from the site but am in a bit of a quandary. I have burned the ISO file I downloaded to a dvd using burn4free. Try as I might to get my computer to boot from the disk, it only launches vista (every stinking time). Does anyone have any tips for me?

10+ Year Old Account
    usually when you first power up your system you'll get a prompt for boot options, on my computer it's F10, which will let you select boot from cd/dvd.

another option is to go into your bios and adjust your boot sequence so that your cd/dvd drive is at the top of the list.

just a thought.
    i do not spew profanities. i enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A8lh%C3%A8im/

Yeah, with Windows already installed it will usually change the boot order from "CD ROM->HDD->USB" to "HDD->CD ROM->USB". All you will need to do is fire up your system, and look to see which key is "Boot Options", which is usually F10 or F12 (on my mother's Acer). Once you have done that, a menu will come up, select CD ROM or in some cases, it will say "SATA" with some number on it, 9 times out of 10 it's the second "SATA" option. This was on a ASRock Extreme3 Pro3 mobo. If you have any trouble, just holler!