‘Justice for Trayvon’: Alabama Man in Critical Condition After Mob Beating

http://news.yahoo.com/justice-trayvo...053222142.html

Hope they catch all of them and they go to jail for a long time.

My god. You don't see a ton of ghetto white people beating up innocent black people when a black person shoots a white teenager. This is seriously ridiculous.

Even if it wasn't for Trayvon, it was still a cruel, evil thing to do to someone who asked a group of kids to stop playing basketball. What kind of fucked up country is the US anyways? How did the superpower that was the US come to this? It's saddening to see that my country is slowly getting reduced to gang violence.

Also, is African American gang violence exclusive to the US? I've never seen any stories about it anywhere else.
    Last edited by Chaochamp; 2012-04-24 at 10:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    My god. You don't see a ton of ghetto white people beating up innocent black people when a black person shoots a white teenager. This is seriously ridiculous.

Even if it wasn't for Trayvon, it was still a cruel, evil thing to do to someone who asked a group of kids to stop playing basketball. What kind of fucked up country is the US anyways? How did the superpower that was the US come to this? It's saddening to see that my country is slowly getting reduced to gang violence.

Also, is African American gang violence exclusive to the US? I've never seen any stories about it anywhere else.
    Well...African-American is kinda exclusive to America, yeah :P If you mean black gangs assaulting white people though then it's far from exclusive, just as white on black or race on race happens all over the globe. People in the OPs article are just thugs using an excuse to do what they do, just like the London riots were an excuse to wreck everything.

I thought you guy had guns in your homes to defend yourself and others from that kind of stuff.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2012-04-24 at 10:54 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

I dont get it. What do they get from injuring people who have nothing to do with the shooting?.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zimmerman is hispanic. Just goes to show that racial ignorance still divides this country. Though it seems as though it's going through role reversal. Sharpton and Jackson never talk about this, in fat, they have completely gone astray from what MLK preached.

It's sad and it will never get better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/justice-trayvo...053222142.html

Hope they catch all of them and they go to jail for a long time.

For starters, The Blaze is a conservative news site founded by Glenn Beck.

Secondly:

Cpl. Chris Levy said their investigation shows the incident stems from an ongoing dispute between the victim and a suspect yet to be named.

Police also wanted to release that no one has confirmed that this attack was “in retaliation for Trayvon Martin,” as one witness reported.

Article
    Mobile Police Chief Micheal T. Williams said this morning that investigators have not yet corroborated allegations that a Saturday mob attack on a white man by a group of black men was racially motivated.

The sister of the alleged victim, Matthew Owens, told WKRG that she heard one of the attackers say, "Now, that's justice for Trayvon," as he walked away.

Williams said that investigators have interviewed the sister, Ashley Parker, and the victim, and that neither mentioned attackers saying anything about "justice for Trayvon."

Article

The Blaze story is textbook race-baiting. It's manufactured to reinforce existing prejudices and perpetuate the idea of a fake double-standard that hate crimes are only invoked when minorities are attacked. I certainly hope that posters here can see that. This is the second or third incident that they've tried to frame this way, and it's deliberately dishonest.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    I thought you guy had guns in your homes to defend yourself and others from that kind of stuff.
    No, guns being used for self defense is mostly a fantasy.

Idiots will use anything to justify their own actions.

It's like me going up to a German in present day, kicking the shit out of him, and then saying "That was for the Jews".

This person had no relation to the acts of Hitler or any Nazi campaign, but I still used a circular reason to justify my actions. (which are, understandably, unjustified as my reasoning fails to have any logic whatsoever)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Zimmerman is hispanic. Just goes to show that racial ignorance still divides this country.
    That was incredibly ironic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Zimmerman is hispanic. Just goes to show that racial ignorance still divides this country. Though it seems as though it's going through role reversal. Sharpton and Jackson never talk about this, in fat, they have completely gone astray from what MLK preached.

It's sad and it will never get better
    Race is a social construct, it has no basis. A man could be from Mexico, his parent from Mexico, etc. But if society says he is white then he is white. Race is defined by what rules society currently apply to race. Rashda Jones, has a black father but is labeled white by society. 200 years ago she would be black because of the One Drop rule. The whole Hispanic/White thing is null and void because at the end of the day race classifications change from person to person, one could technically be white with Hispanic origins, its on the Census.

As for the story, its a sensationalism at its finest (worst?). The writer is grasping for readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    How so?

10char

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Race is a social construct, it has no basis. A man could be from Mexico, his parent from Mexico, etc. But if society says he is white then he is white. Race is defined by what rules society currently apply to race. Rashda Jones, has a black father but is labeled white by society. 200 years ago she would be black because of the One Drop rule. The whole Hispanic/White thing is null and void because at the end of the day race classifications change from person to person, one could technically be white with Hispanic origins, its on the Census.

As for the story, its a sensationalism at its finest (worst?). The writer is grasping for readers.
    Race is a social construct, which is why genetic testing can identify the race of a person from their DNA alone, with >99% accuracy.

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    The irony is on you sir. He is indeed Hispanic, most of the photos we see are all edited to make him look like a white guy, when he's not. This takes this whole white vs black thing to a whole new level of ridiculousness, there were no white guys involved in the first place. Ever notice how when you have a criminal and they conveiniently show the picture of the person with a sneer on their face making them look like a scumbag? The media edits pictures so we see what they want us to see. This is nothing new.

OT: As I said above, this whole thing is ridiculous, and I believe/hope most people have the common sense not to make the situation worse. Assholes come in every 'color', but good people come from every 'color' as well. Such is life, unfortunately racism exists in the first place but honestly the best thing anyone can do is not get offended, racists people are assholes and most of them are just racist because 'it's cool' and don't even have a reason for it. These type of people just aren't worth getting offended by.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2012-04-25 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
    Race is a social construct, which is why genetic testing can identify the race of a person from their DNA alone, with >99% accuracy.

Right?
    they dont identify "race", just ancestors from different geographic areas.

people of the same "race" can have wildly different genes.

How so?
    hispanic isnt a race
    Last edited by starlord; 2012-04-25 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post

Most people don't have guns in the USA...just a larger amount than most countries.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    they dont identify "race", just ancestors from different geographic areas.

people of the same "race" can have wildly different genes.

hispanic isnt a race
    What is race if not shared ancestry?

Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
    What is race if not shared ancestry?
    it seems to be "looking vaguely similar."

15+ Year Old Account
    Their still going on about this?
    Let him free, they complain.
    Catch him, send him to jail for 2 days/weeks/months/years. People will still complain.
    World can't win. Sweet jesus they won't stop till he's dead..