So, since all my "facts" are in Norwegian I'll just do a short summary of them and put in a link to it at the end for thoose able to read it.

Here's the story:
A Norwegian man (33 years old) and he's mother (68 years old) where on a trip to USA - Winslow Arizona, where they managed to drive into a one way street (the wrong way) the locals saw this misunderstanding as a "threat" and got upset and angry at the 2 turists, they then followed after them as an angry mob, yelling and beeing agressive at the 2 turists once the car stopped.

The old lady, wich again, was a turist, got abit frightened at the mob around them, asking her son to drive away from there, he then proceeded to back up the car, back out into the road, where he managed to hit the curb on the other side, where 1 woman and her 2 children where standing (they didn't get hit) the woman's husband and childrens father got mad and went up to the car, and hit the guy (and broke he's noose) inside, trough the window.

The driver then paniced and drove off to a "safe spot" and then called 911, the police came, but not to aid the two frightened turists, but to arrest them, today that driver got 7.5 years in jail for aggravated assault with a deadly force/weapon (the car would be he's deadly weapon)

So, seriously, is this how the USA legal system works?
Because this is truely an embarrasment for any Americans, What should have happened, from the start, is that someone told them they where going the wrong way, especially after realizing they where turists. The cops should have issues a fine for it, and it should have left it with that.

Instead, this guy has to serve 7 and a half year in jail, in America, for a stupid misunderstanding.
I am definetly not going to travel to USA by any time soon after reading about this.

Link: (Norwegian newspaper)
http://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/ar...artid=10073343