Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    For those who might have missed it that vid:

Here are the logs also: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...um/damageDone/

Yep, like i said above its not shockadin damage that is "through the roof", its only Holy shock that is.

20k hits with denouce are not overpowered on a 1,5s casting time spell on a class loaded with spelpower (and you cant heal while doing it), its 125k CRITS with an instant cast spell with a 6s CD is (holy shock)...

It seems clear to me that since its beta, blizz clearly overdone their buff on holy shock, it will be adjusted easily.

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    Yep, like i said above its not shockadin damage that is "through the roof", its only Holy shock that is.

20k hits with denouce are not overpowered on a 1,5s casting time spell on a class loaded with spelpower (and you cant heal while doing it), its 125k CRITS with an instant cast spell with a 6s CD is (holy shock)...

It seems clear to me that since its beta, blizz clearly overdone their buff on holy shock, it will be adjusted easily.
    Doesn't deserve a nerf until we get a damaging holy power dump
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Totally agree. People that think the current damage is even remotely balanced for a healer are delusional.

My pally doesn't have much for holy gear so I made a premade. ilvl 378 7.1k spell power with the Holy Shock glyph. Denounce(1.4second cast) hits for 12k, Judgement(5.6s cd) hits for 5-6k, and Holy Shock(instant 6s cd) for 40k. Add sanctified wrath and the pally can be spamming 50k holy shocks every couple minutes.

Just for comparison my ilvl386 priest(roughly 10k spell power) in smite chakra and 5 stacks of evangelism(+20% damage) has smites(1.3 second cast) hitting for 14-15k, holy fires (instant 10 second cd) for 17k+4k dot and chastises(instant 30 second cd) for 8k.

So I made a premade druid. With ilvl 378 and 7.6k spell power wrath (1.8s casts) were hitting for 11.5-12k and moonfire hits for 2k and ticks for 2k ever 1.8 seconds.

Then I made a premade shaman. ilvl378 and 8k spell power with flametongue weapon. Flame Shock 3k directly plus 1.2k every 2.8 seconds. Chain Lightning(1.8second cast), 6.7k initial hit. Earth Shock 6k hits. Lava Burst(1.4 second cast, 8 second cd) 13.5k noncrit, but will generally crit because Flame Shock is up. Unleash Elements 5k. Lightning bolts hit for about 9k every 2.3 seconds without the TC glyph.
    Last edited by tuesday the paladin; 2012-05-01 at 01:20 AM.

I think 50k Holy shocks are fine.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Yet we dont know how it will scale with max level (not me at least) and then again, it will probably be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    Totally agree. People that think the current damage is even remotely balanced for a healer are delusional.

My pally doesn't have much for holy gear so I made a premade. ilvl 378 7.1k spell power with the Holy Shock glyph. Denounce(1.4second cast) hits for 12k, Judgement(5.6s cd) hits for 5-6k, and Holy Shock(instant 6s cd) for 40k. Add sanctified wrath and the pally can be spamming 50k holy shocks every couple minutes.

Just for comparison my ilvl386 priest(roughly 10k spell power) in smite chakra and 5 stacks of evangelism(+20% damage) has smites(1.3 second cast) hitting for 14-15k, holy fires (instant 10 second cd) for 17k+4k dot and chastises(instant 30 second cd) for 8k.

So I made a premade druid. With ilvl 378 and 7.6k spell power wrath (1.8s casts) were hitting for 11.5-12k and moonfire hits for 2k and ticks for 2k ever 1.8 seconds.

Then I made a premade shaman. ilvl378 and 8k spell power with flametongue weapon. Flame Shock 3k directly plus 1.2k every 2.8 seconds. Chain Lightning(1.8second cast), 6.7k initial hit. Earth Shock 6k hits. Lava Burst(1.4 second cast, 8 second cd) 13.5k noncrit, but will generally crit because Flame Shock is up. Unleash Elements 5k. Lightning bolts hit for about 9k every 2.3 seconds without the TC glyph.
    I agree, and yet not. They always talk about how every class should be unique, not like the other. At least that is what they say considering Paladins only have the mana-regen with a 50% healing reduction, though it will be changed again via glyph in MoP and got finally changed in middle of Cata. Though the damage of HS might be a bit to much, then again, we will probably see more changes before MoP is out. : )
    Last edited by mmoc2affe961ff; 2012-05-01 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    I agree, and yet not. They always talk about how every class should be unique, not like the other.
    Unique in the sense that they play differently, not in sense that one vastly outperforms the others.

The main problem is that holy shock doesn't have a cooldown with wings up (if you spec it which any shockadin would since the other choices are holy power based) so you just wreck people with wings up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkMonk View Post
    Unique in the sense that they play differently, not in sense that one vastly outperforms the others.
    Yes, I know I know, just point out that Blizz dont seem to see anything wrong with that saying, if it's something like DP with 50% reduction and not other way around. ;P Though I agree, that damage seem a bit incredible. If it goes live like that, count my hpala in lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    The main problem is that holy shock doesn't have a cooldown with wings up (if you spec it which any shockadin would since the other choices are holy power based) so you just wreck people with wings up.
    Ah, forgot that. My update on all the new abilities are a bit out of date. Hmm... Holy paladin as a wreckingball... Sounds so wrong but so right!

http://www.screamsofthepast.com/foru...php?f=1&t=3903

10k is the upper end of people's HP at this level. Combined with being able to heal, holy paladins are going to be the new aimed shot hunters in leveling BGs

check the front page, holy shock just got some major nerfs.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Holy Shock now scales from 92.5% of Spell Power, up from 115.6% of Spell Power. So a 20% nerf on spellpower scaling

I'll throw out some new numbers once that patch gets pushed out

Quote Originally Posted by texaport View Post
    Holy Shock now scales from 92.5% of Spell Power, up from 115.6% of Spell Power. So a 20% nerf on spellpower scaling

I'll throw out some new numbers once that patch gets pushed out
    also the glyph was nerfed in half.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    Well, was not a suprise though, we could see it coming. Im just hoping they wont nerf it back to what it is now, a wet noodle to throw on people for holy power. : P

Deleted
    Need holy power damage dump for holy paladins
    holy power damage dump for holy paladins

If i say this a lot do you think blizz will read ?

Anyways, holy shock is already being balanced, it took them 3 days wich is a more than adequate timming in beta testing to change something clearly broken imho.

So now we just need a holy power damage dump as holy :P

Need holy power damage dump for holy paladins

If i say this a lot do you think blizz will read ?

Anyways, holy shock is already being balanced, it took them 3 days wich is a more than adequate timming in beta testing to change something clearly broken imho.

So now we just need a holy power damage dump as holy :P
    get it on the official forums, if I could I would.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    also the glyph was nerfed in half.
    Wow, can't believe I missed that the glyph exists. The numbers above were without the glyph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    get it on the official forums, if I could I would.
    If i am not mistaken the best way to forward feedback about beta its on the internal beta feedback tool, i've done this so many times i'm afraid to being banned for spamming them

Its not a step i'm seeing blizzard take though, they already officialy stated they wanted denouce + holy shock to be the "go to" spells for damage as holy, i would be unbelievably surprised if they give holy paladins a finisher that does damage, its probably adding a new variable to an already complicated equation about healing vs damage potential in a healing spec for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by texaport View Post
    Wow, can't believe I missed that the glyph exists. The numbers above were without the glyph.
    OH... mah .....laurd
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Tbf it was OP so it had to be addressed. It's a shame they addressed it via spellpower scaling, however. That effects Holy healing too. They should have tackled it via the glyph.

And yes, damage dump for HP for Holy Paladins please. Making WoG usable on enemies for Holy seems like a really easy way to address this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Tbf it was OP so it had to be addressed. It's a shame they addressed it via spellpower scaling, however. That effects Holy healing too. They should have tackled it via the glyph.

And yes, damage dump for HP for Holy Paladins please. Making WoG usable on enemies for Holy seems like a really easy way to address this.
    how does it affect healing, only scaling for the damage portion of holy shock was lowered, scaling for healing portion was unchanged.
    Gamdwelf the Mage