Thread: verdant sphere

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Tbh I love all the love Warlocks are getting this patch, including these cool Verdant Sphere things and the Masters lore thing.

I just hope that after the revamp there will be a spec I can enjoy playing xD

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Intelect didnt increased damge in vanilla, TBC, and WOTLK aswell I dont understand your point.

If you mean vanilla, mages were good in AQ40 and very powerfull at Naxx40, not so much at MC and BWL cause of the idiotic fire immune boss design
    What he is trying to say is that it's false putting aesthetics/fun/feeling in the same category with dps/pro-retardness/etc.
    Personally i couldn't agree more. I am a Mage and if I have to go through a whole expansion while being broken as a class in order to have all these changes on the next one so be it! If the reason for Mage's mediocre/bad aesthetics is their efficiency it's not a game anymore.... In other words we have to get the phoenix^^ If Warlocks get that as well I promise I will haunt all of you, torture you and after unleashing all my rage upon you I will burn your souls in real life!!0_o
    Kidding of course (maybe in a desperate/melodramatic/sad way^_^)

Quote Originally Posted by Meillassoux View Post
    What he is trying to say is that it's false putting aesthetics/fun/feeling in the same category with dps/pro-retardness/etc.
    Personally i couldn't agree more. I am a Mage and if I have to go through a whole expansion while being broken as a class in order to have all these changes on the next one so be it! If the reason for Mage's mediocre/bad aesthetics is their efficiency it's not a game anymore.... In other words we have to get the phoenix^^ If Warlocks get that as well I promise I will haunt all of you, torture you and after unleashing all my rage upon you I will burn your souls in real life!!0_o
    Kidding of course (maybe in a desperate/melodramatic/sad way^_^)
    don't torture me... I'm a warlock but I'm on your side...

SUMMON PHOENIX FOR MAGES!!!1!

(finger of death for locks!!!1!! :3)
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    don't torture me... I'm a warlock but I'm on your side...

SUMMON PHOENIX FOR MAGES!!!1!

(finger of death for locks!!!1!! :3)
    Hmmmmm we can work something out here "suddenly with a perverted serious face"
    Deal. As long we get Archon Form (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=K5xYa9w9FCs) as well 0_-

Deleted
    According to the recent lore, 2 warlocks have gone to Firelands to exploit and search out new powers for destro, this is why that new Destro spell has phoenix and had a Ragnoras spell tooltip. Mages seem to be researching more into time magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddara View Post
    According to the recent lore, 2 warlocks have gone to Firelands to exploit and search out new powers for destro, this is why that new Destro spell has phoenix and had a Ragnoras spell tooltip. Mages seem to be researching more into time magic.
    the spell is named flames of xoroth... xoroth is a demonic world from which dreadsteeds and dreadlords come from...

mages summoning phoenixes would be easy lorewise because mages already know how to summon all types of elementals... for some reason the kirin tor favors the summoning of water elementals (Mages are also known for being able to summon elementals, usually water elementals, but can also summon air, earth and fire elementals as well - from an RPG book, I know they aren't considered full canon, but many things and characters from WoW came from them...)

since mages can summon elementals and phoenixes are just some fancy fire elementals, summoning one wouldn't require any sort of research...
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

Quote Originally Posted by Maddara View Post
    And about the time magic thing I really love the concept but all I see is a golden watch appearing above my head (Alter Time).... maybe these mages are trolling about time magic and they actually sit at home playing poker or something laughing at us (mage players). Even Time Wizard in Yu Gi Oh would do a better job 0_o

Deleted
    the spell is named flames of xoroth... xoroth is a demonic world from which dreadsteeds and dreadlords come from...

mages summoning phoenixes would be easy lorewise because mages already know how to summon all types of elementals... for some reason the kirin tor favors the summoning of water elementals (Mages are also known for being able to summon elementals, usually water elementals, but can also summon air, earth and fire elementals as well - from an RPG book, I know they aren't considered full canon, but many things and characters from WoW came from them...)

since mages can summon elementals and phoenixes are just some fancy fire elementals, summoning one wouldn't require any sort of research...
    If youre going to go by non-cannon read this as I posted in another thread:

"Despite the moniker, Blood Magi are actually warlocks. The typical Blood Mage walks onto the field with an air of superiority, waving his hand and casting burning curses upon his enemies. While a Blood Mage still may summon demons to serve him, he is much more comfortable with summoning hellish flames, much like a hellcaller."

- Adam C. Loyd (WoW RPG dev) on Blood Mages on his unofficial fan website.

You wont find a more official statement than that unless Blizzard were to come out with an official call on the matter. Sounds to me like Blizzard in their attempt to flesh warlocks out a bit more after dropping in popularity want them to adopt Bloodmages judging by the recent verdant spheres, Firelands lore and phoenix connections. But I do equally see your point as why a Fire mage would be equally suitable to recieve the spell and wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

Edit: I've seen a lot of phoenix threads started in mage forums over the years and the general opinion is they dont like pets in their tree, even flame orb was removed due to fustrating A.I.
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2012-04-28 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    If youre going to go by non-cannon read this as I posted in another thread:

"Despite the moniker, Blood Magi are actually warlocks. The typical Blood Mage walks onto the field with an air of superiority, waving his hand and casting burning curses upon his enemies. While a Blood Mage still may summon demons to serve him, he is much more comfortable with summoning hellish flames, much like a hellcaller."

- Adam C. Loyd (WoW RPG dev) on Blood Mages on his unofficial fan website.

Sounds to me like Blizzard in their attempt to flesh warlocks out a bit more after dropping in popularity want them to adopt Bloodmages judging by the recent verdant spheres and phoenix connections. But I do equally see your point as why a Fire mage would be equally suitable to recieve the spell and wouldn't surprise me if it happened.
    I didn't say I was gonna go by non-canon, but the fact that mages can summon water elementals is a significant proof that mages can summon elementals, just like the RPG book described...

like phoenixes...

warlocks however have never summoned elementals in any sort of canonical material...

so summon phoenix should go to mages...

but again... warlocks have no phoenix connections at all...

the "phoenix connection" you talked about is a spell that once was called "flames of al'ar"... blizzard changed that because they probably felt it didn't fit... than they changed it to flames of ragnaros and now they changed it to flames of xoroth, the name of a demonic world... the spell's tooltip isn't even a phoenix, it's a firehawk (a totally different species that's related to dragons)...

so up untill now warlocks got the one and only "warlockish" element of blood mages (verdant spheres) and I am fine with that... I just hope mages get the "mageish" element of summoning phoenixes...

(IMHO the fact that blood mages only cast mage spells still makes them mages in my eyes, no matter what the dev of a non-canon book said on his fan website :P)

EDIT: if xoroth is a world with dreadlords and dreadsteeds... why isn't it called dreadworld??? :3
    Last edited by Mortis Darkskull; 2012-04-28 at 01:35 PM.

Deleted
    I didn't say I was gonna go by non-canon, but the fact that mages can summon water elementals is a significant proof that mages can summon elementals, just like the RPG book described...

like phoenixes...

warlocks however have never summoned elementals in any sort of canonical material...

so summon phoenix should go to mages...

but again... warlocks have no phoenix connections at all...

the "phoenix connection" you talked about is a spell that once was called "flames of al'ar"... blizzard changed that because they probably felt it didn't fit... than they changed it to flames of ragnaros and now they changed it to flames of xoroth, the name of a demonic world... the spell's tooltip isn't even a phoenix, it's a firehawk (a totally different species that's related to dragons)...

so up untill now warlocks got the one and only "warlockish" element of blood mages (verdant spheres) and I am fine with that... I just hope mages get the "mageish" element of summoning phoenixes...

(IMHO the fact that blood mages only cast mage spells still makes them mages in my eyes, no matter what the dev of a non-canon book said on his fan website :P)

EDIT: if xoroth is a world with dreadlords and dreadsteeds... why isn't it called dreadworld??? :3
    Recent lore involving Firelands could surgest otherwise. Bloodmages have always used the demonic blood (the keyword here as shown in blasted lands quests) to enhance their flames along with demon's souls trapped in orbs. They did this because the Sunwell was destoyed and they could no longed use arcane magic so they turned to fel.

Recent lore involving Firelands could surgest otherwise. Bloodmages have always used the demonic blood (the keyword here as shown in blasted lands quests) to enhance their flames along with demon's souls trapped in orbs. They did this because the Sunwell was destoyed and they could no longed use arcane magic so they turned to fel.
    fel is a type of arcane lol

blood mages enhanced their mage spells with blood (it doesn't need to be felblood)... as they said themselves in blasted lands, that's similar to what warlocks do...

similar, but not the same...

blood mages are mages with some warlockish elements... they cast fireball, flamestrike and pyroblast like any fire mage...

you could say the "blood" part of their magic is like a trinket lol

Deleted
    fel is a type of arcane lol

blood mages enhanced their mage spells with blood (it doesn't need to be felblood)... as they said themselves in blasted lands, that's similar to what warlocks do...

similar, but not the same...

blood mages are mages with some warlockish elements... they cast fireball, flamestrike and pyroblast like any fire mage...

you could say the "blood" part of their magic is like a trinket lol
    Ture it is arcane magic mixed with demons blood. Starting to make sense yet? Spells enhanced by demons blood. Bloodmage. The wildlife around blasted land have been tainted by fel energy by the large amounts of demonic activity, such as the hellboars. Therefore have demons blood within them the Bloodmages used for their rituals.

Ture it is arcane magic mixed with demons blood. Starting to make sense yet? Spells enhanced by demons blood. Bloodmage. The wildlife around blasted land have been tainted by fel energy by the large amounts of demonic activity, such as the hellboars. Therefore have demons blood within them the Bloodmages used for their rituals.
    which means they are mages with some warlock elements, as I've always said ಠ___ರೃ

basically it's a mage, using mage spells and than using some warlock-like tricks to make these spells stronger...

saying mages cease to be mages and turn into warlocks just because they added some warlock elements into them in order to strenghen their mage spells is like saying warriors cease to be warriors and turn into battlemages for wearing enchanted armor...

Deleted
    which means they are mages with some warlock elements, as I've always said ಠ___ರೃ

basically it's a mage, using mage spells and than using some warlock-like tricks to make these spells stronger...

saying mages cease to be mages and turn into warlocks just because they added some warlock elements into them in order to strenghen their mage spells is like saying warriors cease to be warriors and turn into battlemages for wearing enchanted armor...
    Its a mage using demons blood aka fel magic to power their spells yes. Something the Mage class in World of warcraft does not do. Agreement reached \o/.
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2012-04-28 at 02:10 PM.

Its a mage using demons blood aka fel magic to power their spells yes. Something the Mage class in World of warcraft does not do.
    as I've been saying for so long, it's a mage with some warlockish elements...

like all those mages in org and sw with Foul Gift of the Demon Lord equipped lol

as I said, the blood part of their magic can be seen as nothing more than an enhancing trinket like a caster version of Blood of the Old God or Demon's Blood...

equipping trinkets to enhance their spells is something mages do all the time :3

EDIT: this is getting kind of off-topic so let's agree on disagreeing and move on... verdant spheres are warlockish and summon phoenix is mageish, period...

Deleted
    as I've been saying for so long, it's a mage with some warlockish elements...

like all those mages in org and sw with Foul Gift of the Demon Lord equipped lol

as I said, the blood part of their magic can be seen as nothing more than an enhancing trinket like a caster version of Blood of the Old God or Demon's Blood...

equipping trinkets to enhance their spells is something mages do all the time :3

EDIT: this is getting kind of off-topic so let's agree on disagreeing and move on... verdant spheres are warlockish and summon phoenix is mageish, period...
    I feel a bit silly debating this for so long, its pretty pointless too considering no ones opinion is going to change on the matter. We both know trinkets have nothing to do with lore not sure why that's brought up as i can wear any trinket in the game to depict any class, for example i could be a druid with a necromancer trinket, its irrelevant. Lets agree to disagree and see what Blizzard does on the matter.

It looks like Destruction is going to be able to use this glyph as well in the next build:

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/56241-gl...erdant-spheres

Glyph of Verdant Spheres Minor Glyph

0[When you have a Burning Ember, it appears around your character as a Verdant Sphere.][Your Soul Shards are transformed into Verdant Spheres.]

Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    It looks like Destruction is going to be able to use this glyph as well in the next build:

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/56241-gl...erdant-spheres
    Okay, so we get Green flames (someday), have verdant spheres, use sacrifice and my Blood Elf Warlock is a blood mage. If only there was a phoenix as skill or a racial -.-

Ahhh, yesss! Finally Verdant Spheres for Destruction.
    *Crosses fingers*

this please my warlock very much