Poll: Which Nintendo Franchise is the best?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Zelda, probably the best game series ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokeman is the best GBA game ever, but Super mario is better on console.

10+ Year Old Account
    looking back? pokemon just because it was a bigger part of my childhood than any of the others. i was never crazy about mario....i LOVED all the NES and snes games but after super mario 64 i just stopped caring.

the only other one i feel comfortable putting above pokemon is zelda. ive played every zelda game across every platform to date and i just love them. all of the top down ones especially (although i love the 3d games as well)

Tough call between Mario and Zelda. I think Mario has more games that are really good, but Zelda has Ocarina of Time which is simply the best game ever so I chose Zelda

The Legend of Zelda, without question. Pokemon is pretty close, though.

Zelda, after that, don't make me chose. I can't do it. ;_;

It's too hard of a choice between Zelda and Pokemon. I'm going to vote Pokemon, because of the hundreds of hours I've poured into (each of) the games, and because it was such a huge part of my childhood. They were my first video games, and I still love them.

10+ Year Old Account
    f zero on gamecube was awesome and starfix64 was amazing aswell would of voted for those if every other game they had didnt suck
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

15+ Year Old Account
    You forgot Fire Emblem!

Anyway, voted for Animal Crossing....
    But it was a hard choice between ALL of them xD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFlames View Post
    You forgot Fire Emblem!

Anyway, voted for Animal Crossing....
    But it was a hard choice between ALL of them xD.
    yooo if FE was an option would be top pick
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Voted for Zelda.

* I still remember playing the first Legend of Zelda (the gold cartridge for the NES was like the COOLEST), and navigating through the forest maze.

* Legend of Zelda: A link to the past - GREAT GAME!!!

* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - I must have played this game 10+ times through. I loved it. This and Goldeneye were my favorite N64 games by far.
    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Though not all of the titles are equally impressive, Zelda is probably the best game franchise there is. It reinvented the way we play videogames twice.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mario simply has the most games and 90% are amazing. Zelda is a great franchise however I'd really like to see them moving into talking characters. Skyward Sword was a great game but could have been alot better.

Despite Samus being my avatar... I voted for Pokemon. The game that started my obsession <3 Crystal Version

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to wonder if there's a console where a Mario game was better than a Zelda game.

Other than the DS.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Trying to wonder if there's a console where a Mario game was better than a Zelda game.

Other than the DS.
    I actually preferred Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World to Zelda, Zelda 2, and Link to the Past. That might just be me though.
    Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 came very close to Skyward Sword as well, but they weren't quite as good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    I actually preferred Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World to Zelda, Zelda 2, and Link to the Past.
    It depends on when you played those particular games. The older Zelda games were among the most innovative, but it isn't something that is easy to identify so many years later. You had to be there to understand the appeal. Mario games on the other hand, are just super approachable.

Metroid for me. I know it's smaller in popularity than Mario and Zelda, but I really like it's universe and backstory. Quite dark and gritty, and only a lone female to take out galaxy-threatening ordeals. Not to mention Samus' background has some clarity of what she is and where she came from. And I really love Super Metroid and Metroid Prime. Both are my favorites from the series.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

I go Zelda because it has personal moments in my life attached to it, good memories with my dad. But I have to admit its probably Mario...great diversity for one franchise. there isn't a single game type that Mario hasn't jumped into and done well, even if the games were only cult hits (Mario RPG etc)

As much as I love em all I have to say zelda. That series just carves out an epic adventure in each game that you really can't forget because each one is just so unique.