Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    does it bug anyone else that the new SotR only lasts 3 seconds, versus the old 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Shivala View Post
    does it bug anyone else that the new SotR only lasts 3 seconds, versus the old 6?
    Yeah, it does -- but I've been brushing it off with the belief that once I can use my proper buff tracking that I do on live, it'll be fun to manage.

10+ Year Old Account
    30% damage reduction is a lot better than 30% increased chance of blocking. Thats why the duration was halved I guess.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure Bastion of Glory caused the SS nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Biggest obvious issue is that we will now need an addon that clearly tracks the boss' swing timer, since that will be the difference between 1 hit or 2 being taken with the buff up.

If you hit SotR with less than 1 second left on the boss' swing timer, you will have it up for 2 shots. If you hit it with more than 1 second left on the boss' swing timer, it will only be up for 1 shot.

However, if the duration was increased to 4 seconds, it would almost always mean 2 boss hits, since if the boss has anywhere from 0.01 to 1.99 seconds left on the timer, you will have the buff be in effect for a shot with ~4.00-3.01 seconds left on the buff, and another time with ~1.99-0.01 second left on the buff. It would virtually always be up for 2 shots.

Not sure if this is something Blizzard cares about, but it will certainly cause issues among people with high latencies (I hear people in Oceania get double latency issues).