10+ Year Old Account

LGA1155 socket - how much force?

So I started building my PC today and straight away I've hit a bit of a brick wall. I cannot get the retention arm on the LGA1155 socket on my ASRock Z68 motherboard down at all. I dropped my Intel i5 processor in after lining it up, and I'm pretty confident that it went straight in correctly. Seems to fit just right. However, I'm not able to get the retention arm down at all, it seems I'll have to use a lot of force to get it down and I'm afraid that I'll break something. Just how much force do I need to use? How do I know if I've had to use too much force? Even just using a little bit of force I can hear a slight grinding sound. It's actually taken a slight bit of the metallic finish off the edge of the processor. Here's a couple of photos taken with my crappy phone on my camera.

With the bracket down:
    http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7817/imag0040vv.jpg

With the bracket up: (you can sort of see the little knock at the paint along the side)
    http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2615/imag0041vg.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 01:31 PM ----------

Update: Read about on google, turns out the crunching sound (which I'm guessing is the thing knocking off the paint) is fairly normal, plucked up the courage to just go for it, and managed to get the arm down, everything seems fine.

Deleted
    First time installing a processor's always scary eh
    Don't remember it taking of paint though, but glad it worked out for you

i had that problem as well... lol i was scared shitless i had messed something up untill i turned on my computer and it worked perfectly