Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I just require the achievement for whatever I'm trying to pug. If we're doing 3/8H I expect everyone to have 3/8H that wants to join, ON THE CHARACTER they're bringing. Your main can be 8/8H but you're not bringing your main.
    why so obsessed with achievement on the character they are going on? it's not like the tactics change cuz ur on a new character :S

OT: it's designed for 378 ilvl so I'm usually just taking 380+ ilvl for my normal DS raids, 385+ for morchok HC and 390+ for 3-5 HC raids

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    That really quite depends on what you want to do. 5/8? 8/8 clear? Heroics? Assuming you want a normal mode run with a reasonable shot at full clearing:

First off as a general principle I believe in asking for experience far more than gear or anything else. If their main is 8/8 heroic then I'll take their alt to the pug even if it's got shit gear. The nerf is so highly stacked that gear is nearly irrelevant, skill will matter way more.

However barring substantial heroic experience (6/8+) I don't really trust achievements because its easy to have people get carried through normals. If they can't WOW you with their exp then look for an iLevel of around ~390+ and obviously look for them to have put at least some effort into their character, such as being in PvE gear and mostly gemmed/chanted properly. When asking for their experience you'll get a lot of people saying "I've done LFR" and if that's ALL they've done then that's usually a big red light for me but you can try your luck with them. Personally I look for someone to at least have some "real" raids done because I consider LFR to be a glorified training dummy.

Finally you won't have much luck asking for boss mods. One thing I always make sure though is that unless I 100% know and trust someone they must be in vent. Even the biggest noob can do ok if there's a good raid leader holding his hand verbally.

So to summarize, in order to pug 8/8:
    - If they have 6/8+ heroic on a main then I'd take them in almost any gear
    - If they have 8/8 normal or a little heroic exp I'd take them in ~380 iLevel
    - If they have limited normal exp I'd take them in ~390 iLevel
    - If they have only done LFR they better bribe the hell out of me or I'll say no
    Which server are you on? :P

I spam trade on my alt server with a 388 balance druid, fully gemmed/enchanted, no pvp gear, and 7/8 heroic experience, and get nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    My rules form Normal 8/8 runs are:
    Know your class
    DPS put out 23k+
    Heals Dont Suck.
    Never pug a tank. Ever.

Will inspect people and go on a case by case basis to determine if they can come. I shoot for 388+ but if they seem good I usually lower it. Had a 372 once because she met the other criteria.
    I do three strikes on gear. A bad gem or no gem is a strike, a non-enchanted or poorly enchanted item is a strike, pvp pieces are each a strike, and since I have at least working knowledge of all specs (Raidleader gotta do that right?) every 2 talent points spent in completely retarded areas counts as a strike. Three strikes and I don't even tell you why you are gone. I also do not hesitate to remove people observed completely jacking their rotations on (Face) Rollchok.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I just require the achievement for whatever I'm trying to pug. If we're doing 3/8H I expect everyone to have 3/8H that wants to join, ON THE CHARACTER they're bringing. Your main can be 8/8H but you're not bringing your main.
    Ofc its your pug so you can do what you like. I prefer to place the emphasis on the person behind the keyboard and not that particulat character. It just makes more sense to me.