Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    He made a wrong turn, continued driving down the wrong-way street through crowds of angry people, he then spooked and almost backed into a hot-dog stand. This guy is a moron, the world is safer because his ineptitude is no longer behind the wheel. Was the guy who punched him in the face also wrong? Yeah. But that's a different case.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Wow, that is...insane doesn't even cover it! Where's the judiciary control systems?! This should be overturned in a second!
    It will be, so long as the story presented here is accurate. I suspect there's more going on though. I find it very unlikely that the crowd would have gone crazy on this guy without cause, or that the police would have charged him with a crime if one wasn't committed.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 08:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Draqson View Post
    so I saw on CBS5 and some norwegian page that he was found guilty... full 7,5 years... no right of second trial... and thats it...

this kinda makes me sad...
    What do you mean no right to a second trial? Of course he has a right to appeal the decision.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2012-04-26 at 08:31 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Draqson View Post
    so I saw on CBS5 and some norwegian page that he was found guilty... full 7,5 years... no right of second trial... and thats it...

this kinda makes me sad...
    There is no such thing as "no right of second trial" in this country. Everything can be appealed, from murder to a parking ticket. If the evidence is overwhelming your chances in appeals court are pretty slim, but you still have the right to trial. This is especially encouraged if new evidence is presented, or you wish to seek a mistrial (as the circumstances presented seem to warrant in this case).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Agreed, something sounds seriously wrong with this story. There must have been a reason for that many people in the town to go crazy on Larsgard like that.
    It's Arizona, what do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It will be, so long as the story presented here is accurate. I suspect there's more going on though. I find it very unlikely that the crowd would have gone crazy on this guy without cause, or that the police would have charged him with a crime if one wasn't committed.[COLOR="red"]
    Again, Arizona + parade = retarded mob mentality.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2012-04-26 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    He made a wrong turn, continued driving down the wrong-way street through crowds of angry people, he then spooked and almost backed into a hot-dog stand. This guy is a moron, the world is safer because his ineptitude is no longer behind the wheel. Was the guy who punched him in the face also wrong? Yeah. But that's a different case.
    Yeah, I mean, I've never done anything stupid and would expect to be jailed for close to a decade if I did.

Deleted
    If its true then i really feel sorry for the USA "justice" system. Things like that can´t even happen in scandinavia on a theoretical level.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

Injuries due to vehicles definitely falls under that, but I don't think the lack of intent should really lead to that decision.
    Definitely no mens rea

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    By that reasoning 90% of the population would be locked up. Its certainly no crime to be a moron, lucky you.