Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lmenvs View Post
    Yes. You set your homeworld in your region (I think) and then you can go to any other world. I believe you can also request to set your homeworld in a different region so you don't have to play on EU at all if you don't want.
    Great stuff, As WoW has shown me in the EU with the Dungeon/Raid finder is that If you get hit with someone who speaks a different language things can become difficult to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Asajj View Post
    I am not trying to be an elitist. I just want a competitive guild, and during my WoW time i've seen some people that I'd hate to play with ever again. I'm in it to win it, and that's the reason I'd like a server filled with people who proved themselves in another game.
    All of your comments come off as short-sited and shallow. I'm sure there will be certain guilds that stick together and represent in GW2 (just as they often do in other MMOs)...but other than playing with people you like what does it really matter? End game for the masses and no WoW-like progression to speak of in PvE kind of puts a damper in the 'elite' status for the time being.

Also, being good in one game really doesn't mean you are going to be good in another. There are a few games I do pretty well at in PvP and their are other games where I am at the bottom of the barrel no matter how much I work on getting better. Plus, there is always the chance that a group of people/friends can come from another game besides WoW and really mop the floor with everyone....you never know.

Basically, if you are joining up with the elites you are in for a letdown as these will be the people I see as first to leave the game and claim it sucks. These are going to be the people who can't wave their epeen around because they happen choose playing a tank and can't claim to have mad skills because they always went to BGs with a pocket healer and a shit-load of resillience. Play with people you enjoy being around instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinare View Post
    from a pve standpoint GW2 has nothing for top guilds.

form a pvp standpoint GW2 is just a better done arena. and that is teams not guilds.
    Worse done arena. Much worse. This is the word coming from most of top GvG players in GW1.

GW2's PvP is just as casual-oriented as PvE is, which is not necessarily a bad thing per se with what they appear to be trying to accomplish. But the only long-term attraction in PvP that I can see is WvWvW for warhammer fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Do everyone here a favor and stay on wow. We don't want your kind.
    Wow... some people huh. Anyways, I don't really care about the WoW guilds but I'll be rolling on any server other than the one which the mmo-champions will be on, hopefully a competitive one with lots of PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Show us on this doll where that nasty M'uru touched your guild!
    I lol'd

My previous guild was server first al'akir heroic. We are rolling on DarkHaven US. But most of us speak portuguese. If not for that you'd be welcome to join us. Granted, playing well another game doesn't mean you will play every game well but at least guarantees that you have what it takes (be that reflexes, hand-eye-coordination, whatever) and usually those are the people that are willing to learn to be good at other games as well. Provided they enjoy the game.

I think there are some big elitists here claiming they don't like elitists when in reality they segregate just as much, only the other end of the spectrum.

ps: I also think that there's space for every kind of gamer in gw2. You want to be casual? Great. You want to go ahead and join up with people who want to get every challenge, explore every corner and beat every dungeon in every hard mode? Awesome. There's enough space for both. And I don't view separation as something bad.

If 2 completely different heads that enjoy going in different directions live on top of the same body, once they start moving towards their goal one of them is going to end up tearing itself away and the other with a major gash on its neck.

Best if both heads have different bodies and exchange tales of their different accomplishments afterwards.
    Last edited by Tiev; 2012-04-25 at 11:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guilds don't seem to be as prestigious as most other MMOs considering you can join three of them at a time. There's a chance 5 mans will become the source for competitive pve, but who knows. It wouldn't suprise me if they added 10 man dungeons sometime down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Show us on this doll where that nasty M'uru touched your guild!
    Why do you have to bring up those repressed memories....

AFK burning myself with a cigarette.

Muru is still remember as one of the most brutal encounters. The only thing worse was Rathe Council or Pandemonium, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Guilds don't seem to be as prestigious as most other MMOs considering you can join three of them at a time. There's a chance 5 mans will become the source for competitive pve, but who knows. It wouldn't suprise me if they added 10 man dungeons sometime down the road.

I would be absolutely happy if that happened.

Of course, provided GW2 delivers and is indeed as good a game as I think it is.

We'll see soon enough I guess =)

Quote Originally Posted by wtfPanzerkin View Post
    Probably still on WoW. Top WoW guilds are PvE raiding guilds. GW2 is more PvP oriented.
    And thats why i will be PvEing 80% of the time.

Dont really know whats going on in this thread but whats wrong with someone looking for a competitive guild to play with either in PvE or PvP. Ive heard talk of alot of competitive WvW guilds and if this guy likes to do competitive PvE whats wrong with him looking for a competitive guild for that.

There are prolly alot of players that want to do all the explorable modes and have all the cool looking sets as fast as possible. Why cant this guy look around and join those people.

What if he wants to go find all the harder and more epic Dynamic Events and Meta Event chains why cant he ask around for a group of players that all wanna do that as fast as possible.

Yea maybe theirs no rankings for that and no achivements but if thats how he wants to spend his time in game let him. Dont say like one poster said, "we dont want your kind here"

Im a raider in WoW and thats all i do in that game. But i love the story and Dynamic events of guildwars 2 and thats why im gonna play even tho im into hardcore raiding.

top end pve in GW2 is 5man that is not a guild that is friends.

DE is more of a zerg kind of thing like in rift invasions way more people then needed when you don't want it and never anuf when you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Do everyone here a favor and stay on wow. We don't want your kind.
    It's comments like these which reinforce my decision to go it alone in this game and not join the MMO-C guild. I find anticipation which has turned into zealotory very off-putting. And I'm going to assume that a lot of people who play GW2 would at least have some experience with WoW, something which I bet Arenanet themselves wont say no to.

Guild = a reunion of people under one banner that may never, in any circumstance, constitute of close to 5 -10 people.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    It's comments like these which reinforce my decision to go it alone in this game and not join the MMO-C guild. I find anticipation which has turned into zealotory very off-putting. And I'm going to assume that a lot of people who play GW2 would at least have some experience with WoW, something which I bet Arenanet themselves wont say no to.
    Just to be clear, I'm not joining the mmo-c guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    Guild = a reunion of people under one banner that may never, in any circumstance, constitute of close to 5 -10 people.
    most mmo i have played have had a min number needed to start the "guild" yes you can kick all of them out right after but 10 is a normal number in GW2 guild work more like chat windows from what i have read no guild vs guild combat and you can be in more then one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinare View Post
    most mmo i have played have had a min number needed to start the "guild" yes you can kick all of them out right after but 10 is a normal number in GW2 guild work more like chat windows from what i have read no guild vs guild combat and you can be in more then one.
    There are guild achievements and some sort of levelling up thought, right?

Not being sarcastic, I really don't know. Just seemed to remember seeing that somewhere. I'm thinking that will encourage sticking together as a guild. Even though you can be in more than one at the same time. Which sounds weird to me anyway. I need to go check that out.

guilds do have levels so i hope most will have a main guild but i kind of fear server will have one super guild for any perks but then lesser guilds will be your family.

... my super guild is the max level but my pvp guild is the top ranked 5man team in GW2 kind of stuff.

It doesn't matter now since you can guest into any server or transfer servers later. Also everyone's level is the same when they go into PVP or up/down leveling areas. Guild Wars 2 is like Melee'ing in Call of Duty.

I doubt top WoW guilds will go play GW2 full time. GW2 seems like a very casual game plus it doesn't have a sub so it doesn't feel like an All-You-Can-Eat where you think playing for 8 hours a month would be a waste of money.

server transfer take gems so some one at some point need to buy them for real money.

but ya this is a game for people with out money and people that like pvp arenas mostly not a place at all for "hardcore endgame raiders"