Deleted

Another Beta Client question

Hey everybody, I just thought i'd pop in to seek an answer to a question that has been plaguing me for the past 8 or so hours, ever since getting the Beta-invite email from Anet.

Ok, so my internet can be pretty unstable when I just leave it for long lengths of time, which is exactly what needs to be done to download this beta - but eventually, my internet just cuts out and the download dies. This means I have to restart the download completely.

My question is, does restarting the application affect the overall progress of the download? I ask mainly because the 'Files Remaining' section in the downloader remains between start-ups of the client. For instance, It might die at 75,000 Files Remaining, and upon the startup it begins with 75,000 Files Remaining.
    The Gw2.dat file in my folder also retains it's size, making me believe that my overall download progress would not be hindered by me having an awful conncetion

Is this correct, or am I doomed to attempt to download the beta client all weekend?

Deleted
    you could also ask them in the beta client topic thing

You don't restart the download over again. Everything you've done so far is saved in the file. It starts over at 0%, like you said, if you have 75k files remaining out of a possible a 100k files total (100k is just an example) then when you start it again you'll only have to download those remaining 75k files.

Why don't you just test it?

Download it for 10 mins, close the client and open it back up.

Also it sounds like your modem and or router is garbage. My bet it's the modem...if you have cable I recommend the Motorolla DOCSIS 3.0 Surfboard Extreme modems. I've had one for about a year and couldn't be happier. $80+ btw.

I'm not saying go out and buy one right now because of your beta client disconnects but if your modem is the problem you'll want to nip it in the bud.

Deleted
    grandpab: Ah, thats good to know. Thanks! I just got a little worried after the first big red flashing letter shoutiong 'DOWNLOAD FAILED' at me.

Daffkeeks: Sorry, excuse my flail. I would blame it on being new here, but that is a dumb thing to do. I'll pay more attention next time :3

iCandy: It's not so much the modem itself, we just upgraded to a better one. Our old one really was a peice of steaming poop. I have come to the eventual conclusion that is our fairly remote location that causes the problems, as the connection itself is fairly fast, as well as being relatively stable, disregarding the momentary lapses every 5-6 hours.