Thread: Circumcision.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    Now I don't know about any of the studies so this is just something I've noticed:

You make a point to belittle a study that you don't agree with yet the studies you agree with are fine. The "pro-circumcision" studies may be performed by people that make money off of circumcision.
    Not really the study, but the invention of symptoms to sell pills. We have thousands of disorders, afflictions, ailments, psychological problems than we did even 15 years ago. Are we so much smarter as a society that we just discovered all these overnight? Not likely.

@Smrund - It's no more mutilation that plastic surgery is.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Depends on the situation at birth.

If I remember correctly there's a condition where if the foreskin doesn't fully retract or pull back it maybe necessary to have it removed. However, the next question is how frequently does this show up and how does that compare to those that are circumcised.
    It stands that over 50% of infants are circumcised in the U.S. but the condition you referenced has already come up. Circumcision is often the best course of action in severe cases of it.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 02:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    To some degree, yes. However, the purpose of circumcision in males is generally cleanliness, in females, it is oppression.
    However that idea of cleanliness is a fallacy and a blatant lie.

It may have been historically true at some point, but it is long past.

Ok it's about time someone tell you peeps the real reason for circumcision and that reason is......chicks! Yes girls do prefer circumcised shlongs, they just look sexier. Ask any guy that got circumcised at the age of 20+ and most of them will tell it was so his penis would look better and bigger. Yes that's another thing, circumcision makes your penis look bigger. That's the whole mystery behind circumcision, it's not about health, religion or other scientific bullcrap, it's all about girls.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Depends on the situation at birth.

If I remember correctly there's a condition where if the foreskin doesn't fully retract or pull back it maybe necessary to have it removed. However, the next question is how frequently does this show up and how does that compare to those that are circumcised.
    The foreskin can be too tight across the tip and that require a cut, it is also not excluded to infants but some adults, well teens get problems with it during their puberty (for obvious reasons).

It has nothing to do with health benefits argumenting for circumcision though.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Think about it. When it spends 90% of it's time hidden and covered by skin, there's no... foreign objects (such as clothing) for it to get used to. When you remove that, while i imagine it's incredibly uncomfortable at first, over time it'll adapt to not being protected and to it's new surroundings. Ok, now it's sounding like something David Attenborough wrote.
    It is uncomfortable in the sense that it is super sensitive. I had just started dating a girl when I had it done, and we tried oral sex, it was a completely new sensation. It was so sensitive I was tensed up the whole time, I could feel EVERYTHING. Over time I became used to it, but it took a few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Ok it's about time someone tell you peeps the real reason for circumcision and that reason is......chicks! Yes girls do prefer circumcised shlongs, they just look sexier. Ask any guy that got circumcised at the age of 20+ and most of them will tell it was so his penis would look better and bigger. Yes that's another thing, circumcision makes your penis look bigger. That's the whole mistery behind circumcision, it's not about health, religion or other scientific bullcrap, it's all about girls.
    There's no relation between circumcision and penis size. If anything, it should make your penis look smaller or less thicker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Ok it's about time someone tell you peeps the real reason for circumcision and that reason is......chicks! Yes girls do prefer circumcised shlongs, they just look sexier. Ask any guy that got circumcised at the age of 20+ and most of them will tell it was so his penis would look better and bigger. Yes that's another thing, circumcision makes your penis look bigger. That's the whole mistery behind circumcision, it's not about health, religion or other scientific bullcrap, it's all about girls.
    That's also a matter of opinion. Some girls like it, others don't. However I don't think you'll argue that's a legitimate reason to do it to an infant?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The big question you wanna ask yourself is do you want to be pulling back the foreskin of your toddlers penis and clean it out?

My parents didn't and I got infected, circumcision is worse when you're older.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have absolutely no idea what "female circumcision" is if you are comparing it to male circumcision.
    Or the female anatomy for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    However that idea of cleanliness is a fallacy and a blatant lie.

It may have been historically true at some point, but it is long past.
    No, it isn't. As some people have already pointed out. Your belief that it is false does not make it so.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Or the female anatomy for that matter.
    I actually outlined the differences, i.e. female circumcision versus male. Did you read my posts?

15+ Year Old Account
    Just reading the word makes me peepee hurt.

15+ Year Old Account
    You have absolutely no idea what "female circumcision" is if you are comparing it to male circumcision.
    The damage they do are indeed night and day, however both are a mutilation of a perfectly functioning organ.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

That's also a matter of opinion. Some girls like it, others don't. However I don't think you'll argue that's a legitimate reason to do it to an infant?
    Well it depends, it doesn't hurt you when you are baby (you have no memory of that moment so it basicly counts as no pain) and thus it's probably best time to have it done. I mean if I had to choose personally I would love to get it as a kid just because it's looks better and when you get it done at older age, it's nothing pleasant. But still I think most of the women atleast in US find uncircumcised penises rather unsexy compared to circumcised ones, ofcourse in Europe that's totally different because it's different culture.

Deleted
    No, it isn't. As some people have already pointed out. Your belief that it is false does not make it so.
    Not my belief but the opinion of medical bodies.

The world health organizations only recommendation for circumcision is for areas with high rates of HIV, primarily regions with low income and access to contraceptives. Numerous international bodies cite no reason to circumcise over not doing so and state it's a matter of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    There's no relation between circumcision and penis size. If anything, it should make your penis look smaller or less thicker.
    It doesn't make it bigger, it just looks as bigger. Kinda like when you shave your manly bush, it does make your boy look bigger. Just visual effects.

I'm all for it as long as it is for a medical reason, some have too tight foreskin and need it be cut off. I don't think it should be systematicly done though just for the sake of it, if there were proven medical advantages to it, it would be put to be done systematicly in every country across the world, at least in every country with decent scientist/medical care/doctors. We were born with it, so it's only natural to have it there.

It doesn't really matter as long as someone takes care of themselves, it does make it slightly easier to wash oneself without foreskin but it's not like it's hard to keep clean with it, sure if you are a lazy bum with no access to a shower you will get dirty, but so would someone who is circumcised.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-04-26 at 01:54 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not my belief but the opinion of medical bodies.

The world health organizations only recommendation for circumcision is for areas with high rates of HIV, primarily regions with low income and access to contraceptives. Numerous international bodies cite no reason to circumcise over not doing so and state it's a matter of choice.
    Hmmm, high cases of HIV, low income, and low access to contraceptives, that seems to describe a pretty large segment of America.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Hmmm, high cases of HIV, low income, and low access to contraceptives, that seems to describe a pretty large segment of America.
    So over 50% of Americans can't access condoms?

15+ Year Old Account
    Will scroll back in a bit but he is right, will it be easier to clean yourself? Yes
    Are you able to clean yourself without it? Yes
    Are there possible implications (if there is no medical condition) to do a circumcision? Yes
    Are there possible implications (if there is no medical condition) not to do a circumcision? No

The cleanliness argument is a pisspoor argument that some people who are either stupid or biased bring up.
    Mankind managed to keep themselves clean for thousands of years when they chose to.

It IS a myth/lie/bogus/ whatever you want to call it.