Page 43 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    6) Our Cool-Downs still suck, MS got nerfed to a 6 second CD, yet hunters are getting an ability which allow them to spam the mortal strike effect with a longer duration, 30 seconds to our 15 seconds.
    You mean a shot which cost focus and does no additional damage while warriors have their MS effect baked into a no-rage-cost-abillity they gonna use anyway to do damage and generate rage with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayruu View Post
    You mean a shot which cost focus and does no additional damage while warriors have their MS effect baked into a no-rage-cost-abillity they gonna use anyway to do damage and generate rage with?
    Ranged, can't be parried, etc etc etc.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Ranged, can't be parried, etc etc etc.
    iirc they removed hunters dead zone and for that change their shots can now be parried. I am not entirely sure if all abilities can be parried or some of them.

however i don't know if he is seriously nagging about about the ability costing 15 focus.

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    iirc they removed hunters dead zone and for that change their shots can now be parried. I am not entirely sure if all abilities can be parried or some of them.

however i don't know if he is seriously nagging about about the ability costing 15 focus.
    Eh it does cost SOMETHING compared to ours costing nothing but a gcd that SHOULD be spent on MS one way or another. Apples to oranges really.

We shouldn't be really drawing a comparison on the MS effect as much as on the fact that it is our bread and butter ability. It should be hitting harder and/or have a lower cd. Add to the fact that we're usually rage starved now with the rage generation nerf and we realize that MS is in need of a major buff damage wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    shots can now be parried.
    Shots can be dodged but as far as I am aware they cannot be parried.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-07-30 at 01:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Shots can be dodged but as far as I am aware they cannot be parried.
    That’s my understanding, but I’ll have a look-see in order to come up with something more concrete on the matter.

Either way, I don’t think a buff to Mortal Strike is out of the question. Yes, it also carries Deep Wounds; but it still hits too meekly for our most important attack, especially considering Execute is now back to it’s Outland incarnation.

My bigger concern, for PvE, is that the expected changes to Taste for Blood haven’t come in yet. We’ve had three builds since TfB affected Heroic Strike, and it’s still there.

That’s extremely worrying.

Well, to look on the bright side, 3 of our main abilities (4 counting bladestorm) are now free of rage cost, so thats great.

I think enrage needs to be looked over, i loved it ever sense classic but now i find critting with MS or CS being worth nothing (im talking about arms) at least extend the duration to 12 seconds or bring back the 10% physical dmg and have the 50% increase rage regen become passive again.

And some people say warriors are very weak outside of cds, and i agree (weak outside of cs, avatar, trinkets, reck, banner, etc).

Some people say fury is complete trash, but i see fury being the new primary spec for pvp in general, also i think bladestorm wlll be very manatory for fury pvp.

The 10% increased physical damage enrage is in still. Also affected by Fury's mastery.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Deleted
    Argghhh why are we warrios hated!!!! Its like blizzard pays the least attention to the warrior class. I mean like there are soooo many people complaining about the class in the forums. I reckon in MoP warriors will be equivalent to as they are at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    My bigger concern, for PvE, is that the expected changes to Taste for Blood haven’t come in yet. We’ve had three builds since TfB affected Heroic Strike, and it’s still there.

That’s extremely worrying.
    I would not be surprised if what you see now is what you get apart from some percentage tweaks - although I would of course not mind to be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Well, to look on the bright side, 3 of our main abilities (4 counting bladestorm) are now free of rage cost, so thats great.
    I may have missed it but what is so great about that ?

Quote Originally Posted by kindomroll View Post
    Argghhh why are we warrios hated!!!! Its like blizzard pays the least attention to the warrior class. I mean like there are soooo many people complaining about the class in the forums. I reckon in MoP warriors will be equivalent to as they are at the moment.
    Maybe because most of the whining is either A) Because we're "average" and not OP, or B) Because it's about PVP when this is primarily a PVE game, or C) People still think 1v1 is balanced. Really, I have yet to see any real claims about anything from a PVE standpoint, it's always PVP. Every. Single. Time.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    I may have missed it but what is so great about that ?
    The fact that we can now open up with a CS, the fact that we can now open up with a mortal strike, or getting in a free attack that cannot be dodge/parried/block (overpower) or trying to set up a brostorm when your just thinking... "why the 25 rage cost?"

And the fact that we can now use rage on more deadly abilities and slows, etc.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2012-07-31 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Maybe because most of the whining is either A) Because we're "average" and not OP, or B) Because it's about PVP when this is primarily a PVE game, or C) People still think 1v1 is balanced. Really, I have yet to see any real claims about anything from a PVE standpoint, it's always PVP. Every. Single. Time.
    To be fair, the overall feedback I see for PvE is that everyone prefers the Cata model over the MoP one. I'm sure numbers will be fine in the end (except ranged > melee), but the rotation feels a lot worse, specifically for Arms.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    To be fair, the overall feedback I see for PvE is that everyone prefers the Cata model over the MoP one. I'm sure numbers will be fine in the end (except ranged > melee), but the rotation feels a lot worse, specifically for Arms.
    The only complaint I've seen is about rage gen being a bit slow. I've actually heard the Arms rotation is much simpler than the current one.

Yes, but to me simpler means worse.

Some of the stuff that has changed:
    1) Lambs to the Slaughter management. Minor, but important on fights like Madness, Morchok and Spine.
    2) Possibility of rage starvation. You can screw up your rotation and have nothing to press, whereas rage management has been severely neutered in MoP.
    3) Inner Rage timings. 2pc T13 is awesome and specially for Fury. It alters your rotation in a cool way imo and this doesn't exist in MoP.
    4) Executioner buff management is gone.

Problems with the MoP PvE warrior:
    1) Cleave is absolutely useless for DPS warriors.
    2) The whole DPR problem, because only two abilities cost rage. For instance HS with 2-3 TfB stacks hits for more than Slam.

There's also the issue of feel. While Cata warrior feels very hectic and "mashy", MoP warrior rotation is very, very slow. Main abilities had their cd increased by 1.5 (MS to 6 and BT to 4.5) and you hardly ever get to HS...you might do it 3 times in a fight during lust and avatar.

Deleted
    I rerolled druid, just saying!

Deleted
    Ugh, this is all killing me. I have a super consistent history of randomly choosing the worst thing ever when it comes to classes and such.

In vanilla, I picked rogue before I knew that like 40% of the server were rogues. By the time I found out, it felt like too much work to start over (it commonly took like a month to level up back then) and I figured I was stuck being a rogue. I could never find spots in groups or raids.

In TBC, I rerolled on a server that some of my new friends played on. Turned out it was some shitty unbalanced server and a PvP server as well, so I spent all of TBC getting griefed to hell by an enemy team that was six times bigger than my team. It was terrible.

In WotLK, we needed a healer and I hadn't really picked a class yet so I went with holy paladin. Turned out to be a two-button spam class, pretty much the most boring spec in the game throughout WotLK. Also awful for healing 5-mans.

In Cataclysm, I figured it was time to make a sensible choice and rolled a warlock. I mean, when had warlocks ever not been one of the most wholesome classes? In Cataclysm, that's when. Ridiculous rotations and underwhelming results led to me quitting the game entirely after a few months.

And last month I decided it was time to return and prepare a character for MoP. I want to play a tank and I'd never really played a warrior, but the class has always seemed to be in a good place so that's what I leveled. Now I'm reading all this stuff and feeling like I made the worst possible choice yet again. My month of gametime has run out by now and I don't want to pay for another just to level up a different class after getting a warrior to 85.

Can't I ever just feel like I made the right choice?!

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    The fact that we can now open up with a CS, the fact that we can now open up with a mortal strike, or getting in a free attack that cannot
    You could always open with cs. Simply use battleshout. But I guess it is a matter of taste I personally find it hardly appealing to only have like two abilities that need resources. Makes no sense to me to have resources in the first place with that in place. Just slap cooldowns on everything and you are good to go for some faceroll action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Yes, but to me simpler means worse.
    I certainly can relate to that - if I would want the most simple way to deal damage I would have rolled a firemage in cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    In Cataclysm, I figured it was time to make a sensible choice and rolled a warlock. I mean, when had warlocks ever not been one of the most wholesome classes? In Cataclysm, that's when. Ridiculous rotations and underwhelming results led to me quitting the game entirely after a few months.
    My perception on that may be wrong but warlocks seemed reasonable to me this addon with decent performance in pve and pvp.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-07-31 at 02:33 AM.

The arms cataclysm rotation was nearly FLAWLESS. It had ONE problem with it in target swapping and that was rolling rend again AND stacking LTTS back up. Getting rid of the latter but keeping the former would have pretty much fixed our biggest problems in both PvE and PvP. Yes, that's literally how fucking easy it was to fix us in PvP and streamline us in PvE.

But no, Blizzard had to do an overhaul to the entire damn class FOR THE WORSE just because they couldn't figure out fury. It's ok though, fury rotation no longer feels utterly abysmal and instead is mediocre at best at the expense of utterly gutting how arms plays.

Also, I'm pretty sure GC flat out lied about us having our baseline 5% crit throughout Cataclysm. Proof: with absolutely ZERO changes to the amount of critical strike on gear, my crit increased by 5% going from live to PTR.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-07-31 at 03:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    Ugh, this is all killing me. I have a super consistent history of randomly choosing the worst thing ever when it comes to classes and such.

In vanilla, I picked rogue before I knew that like 40% of the server were rogues. By the time I found out, it felt like too much work to start over (it commonly took like a month to level up back then) and I figured I was stuck being a rogue. I could never find spots in groups or raids.

In TBC, I rerolled on a server that some of my new friends played on. Turned out it was some shitty unbalanced server and a PvP server as well, so I spent all of TBC getting griefed to hell by an enemy team that was six times bigger than my team. It was terrible.

In WotLK, we needed a healer and I hadn't really picked a class yet so I went with holy paladin. Turned out to be a two-button spam class, pretty much the most boring spec in the game throughout WotLK. Also awful for healing 5-mans.

And last month I decided it was time to return and prepare a character for MoP. I want to play a tank and I'd never really played a warrior, but the class has always seemed to be in a good place so that's what I leveled. Now I'm reading all this stuff and feeling like I made the worst possible choice yet again. My month of gametime has run out by now and I don't want to pay for another just to level up a different class after getting a warrior to 85.

Can't I ever just feel like I made the right choice?!
    You remind me of myself,I never really liked the classes I chosed too,so after a while I told myself screw it,I'm leveling all 10 classes to max level so I can chose what I like!
    It doesn't take that much time with heirlooms and guild bonus xp.