Page 31 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    Take a look at the tooltips.
    What am I supposed to see ? They don't exactly change that waiting for overpower to proc overpower feels super odd to me and that I have not even enough rage to pull out a single hs unless I leave out slams.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-07-17 at 02:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else agree that rage generation for Fury is pretty fucking weak? I'm aware that they reduced the amount of rage you get from auto attacks, but playing as Fury is kind of shitty right now with this latest change. I can hardly get in two Wild Strikes after a BT and there aren't many times where I can use Heroic Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Also, Deadly Calm is effectively a dead cooldown with rage the way it is at the moment and I don't want left with nothing but Recklessness.
    i find it hilarious that blizz looks at deadly calm as good cd on beta.
    i suggest to make dc cut the rage cost on both slam and hs. maybe that way slam will look a bit more attractive as a rage dump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    What am I supposed to see ? They don't exactly change that waiting for overpower to proc overpower feels super odd to me and that I have not even enough rage to pull out a single hs unless I leave out slams.
    You were supposed to see that Slam is a higher priority than Overpower; even if Overpower critically strikes, it still does less damage than a normal Slam. This makes Overpower a "filler" and it can take some getting used to. I've actually found that using Overpower prior to Slam can make the rotation feel a bit smoother, just due to the second proc of it. Personally, I'd rather they cut the cooldown on Mortal Strike back to live and removed the secondary Overpower proc, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    i find it hilarious that blizz looks at deadly calm as good cd on beta.
    They should just take it out. It's crap. I mean, I suppose it's sort of a damage cooldown but all you're doing is replacing one Slam or normal Heroic Strike (depending on TfB stacks) with three Heroic Strikes... And it's done. Sure, it's a damage boost but it's clunky as all hell and not worth stacking as you would a more traditional cooldown.

You were supposed to see that Slam is a higher priority than Overpower; even if Overpower critically strikes, it still does less damage than a normal Slam. This makes Overpower a "filler" and it can take some getting used to. I've actually found that using Overpower prior to Slam can make the rotation feel a bit smoother, just due to the second proc of it. Personally, I'd rather they cut the cooldown on Mortal Strike back to live and removed the secondary Overpower proc, but that's just me.
    It does but what do you do when overpower procs ? overpower+hs seems to me way better than a single slam.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does but what do you do when overpower procs ? overpower+hs seems to me way better than a single slam.
    That would replace Slam outright, which is against the design intent; as such, either Slam will be buffed or Heroic Strike/Taste for Blood will be nerfed. Obviously, the latter is more likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but i hate slam aswell, its possibly the worst looking (a regular attack) and mechanic of all melee attacks in the game (seriously, a cast time?). I wouldnt miss it one bit.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

That would replace Slam outright, which is against the design intent; as such, either Slam will be buffed or Heroic Strike/Taste for Blood will be nerfed. Obviously, the latter is more likely.
    I haven't played too much on the beta, but I can see them keeping it as is. With a stacked HS, you can hit Slam at the same time so it could offer some pretty good potential burst. But it also bring back a similar problem that we have with LttS currently where warriors have a ramp up time, but now it will be completely random ><

Sorry, but i hate slam aswell, its possibly the worst looking (a regular attack) and mechanic of all melee attacks in the game (seriously, a cast time?). I wouldnt miss it one bit.
    They changes slam to be instant in MoP, but yes, with a cast time it is stupid on Live.

I don't have a magic crystal ball to see what is going to happen or what the actual intention is. I also lack time/interest to conduct extensive research and testing on the matter. From a first look though I just don't see it being as obvious as you describe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    It's just an instant on beta and I personally would definitely not want to miss it.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-07-17 at 04:56 PM.

I don't have a magic crystal ball to see what is going to happen or what the actual intention is. I also lack time/interest to conduct extensive research and testing on the matter. From a first look though I just don't see it being as obvious as you describe it.

It's just an instant on beta and I personally would definitely not want to miss it.
    Slam may be an instant cast, but it takes up 1.5 gcd, and hits like a wet noodle (takes about 2 slams to equal a weak obliterate).

10+ Year Old Account
    Its just an attack with nothing else but damage on it. It doesnt add depth to the class, it doesnt add gameplay value. It could be named "heroic strike 2" and still do the same as it does now. I would prefer something different with some kind of mechanic attached to it.

But im glad to know they finally made it instant.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Slam may be an instant cast, but it takes up 1.5 gcd, and hits like a wet noodle (takes about 2 slams to equal a weak obliterate).
    Why are you comparing two abilities that use different resources from two different classes?

Do you really want slam to hit as hard as obliterate?

He didn't say "GCD" class, he meant "cooldown" class - as in, the only limit to what you can press it what's on cooldown and what's not. He doesn't want warriors to be that way, he wants them to be constrained by resources, otherwise we'd simply hit Mortal Strike, Colossus Smash and Slam all day.

But to the poster above, yes. His last post very much appears to be a cry for help.
    The problem I see though, is even with the way rage is now there's going to be some dry spots with bad luck, we pretty much NEED to have the resources to hit our stuff on cooldown, as we're already constrained by our rage to the point where our talent choices are forced into skills just to fill in the gap (Dragon's Roar, Storm Bolt, etc). If GC changes around rage again, to a resource we need to "manage", I fear we're going to be doing nothing a lot of the time in fights, and suffering in PvE and PvP.

Its just an attack with nothing else but damage on it. It doesnt add depth to the class, it doesnt add gameplay value. It could be named "heroic strike 2" and still do the same as it does now. I would prefer something different with some kind of mechanic attached to it.
    But im glad to know they finally made it instant.
    I don't really see how off gcd spells are the same as on gcd spells but well whatever and I definitely think that especially now arms has enough stuff that has some shitty mechanic attached to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Why are you comparing two abilities that use different resources from two different classes?
    Do you really want slam to hit as hard as obliterate?
    Don't really see what would be that bad about a hard hitting ability.

charge > rend > hamstring > colossus smash > Begin actual combat > JK rend /and/or hamstring faded because the target doesnt stand still

Concerns ? pfff xDDD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    charge > rend > hamstring > colossus smash > Begin actual combat > JK rend /and/or hamstring faded because the target doesnt stand still

Concerns ? pfff xDDD
    You forgot "begin actual combat (with 30% damage less)".

Anyways.

1) Why isn't Double Time Intercept yet instead of this shenaningan on Charges on your Charge?

2) Deadly Calm.

3) Taste for Blood.

4) Rage

Only 4 is being addressed. 2) and 3) have been left parked far too long. With those 4 things addressed I will have more than enough. Don't care about 1h+shield or hamstring anymore, they are probably are here to stay.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-07-17 at 08:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see how off gcd spells are the same as on gcd spells but well whatever and I definitely think that especially now arms has enough stuff that has some shitty mechanic attached to it.
    The GCD part is irrelevant in the long term dps, because you cant fill every GCD, it just adds burst. So, if anything, its a pvp advantage.
    The fact is that both abilities do nothing aside of pure damage, HS at least has the advantage of being off GCD, but still has a CD on it's own. While slam is nothing but a X% weapon damage.
    In fact, if the ability didnt exist, they could just balance the dps without it anyway, afterwall, they could give a class ONE ability that hits for a lot of damage and balance all the dps around it, numbers are just numbers.

I would easily get rid of it for some ability with flavor text or fancy effects.

The GCD part is irrelevant in the long term dps, because you cant fill every GCD, it just adds burst. So, if anything, its a pvp advantage.
    The fact is that both abilities do nothing aside of pure damage, HS at least has the advantage of being off GCD, but still has a CD on it's own. While slam is nothing but a X% weapon damage.
    In fact, if the ability didnt exist, they could just balance the dps without it anyway, afterwall, they could give a class ONE ability that hits for a lot of damage and balance all the dps around it, numbers are just numbers.

I would easily get rid of it for some ability with flavor text or fancy effects.
    yeah and if ms hs op cs didn't exist they could just balance it around autoattack damage. Just don't see the point but well whatever.
    Nothing is set in stone yet the gcd part could just as easy become relevant again - at the end this was the reason they lowered the rage gain to begin with. Out of fear we might run out of buttons to press because we have too much rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah and if ms hs op cs didn't exist they could just balance it around autoattack damage. Just don't see the point but well whatever.
    Nothing is set in stone yet the gcd part could just as easy become relevant again - at the end this was the reason they lowered the rage gain to begin with. Out of fear we might run out of buttons to press because we have too much rage.
    Actually from the Blue Post I read it seemed pretty clear that they lowered rage gain to make us run out of buttons to press. That we aren't supposed to always have something to hit, and that we wouldnt use every GCD unless we were hitting Battleshout or Stormbolt.

Which is them trying to make it more forgiving for bad players. Since you can react slower and it wont have much effect since you have an empty GCD to sit through anyway. Yet again basing their development on the worst 10%. Greg Street era of WoW for ya.

Maybe he will get cancer and quit; then the game could get better (that is not a death threat, obviously, but saying I hope he'd get hit by a bus was considered one so Im putting this in here.)
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Actually from the Blue Post I read it seemed pretty clear that they lowered rage gain to make us run out of buttons to press. That we aren't supposed to always have something to hit, and that we wouldnt use every GCD unless we were hitting Battleshout or Stormbolt.
    Which is them trying to make it more forgiving for bad players.
    If that is the intention - they have definitely reason to put on their great success face.