Fansite recopilation?

Hi everyone.

Well, after having no other choice but oogle at this game from afar ever since it was released on december, I can FINALLY join it next week =D

/victory-dance.

However, I'd like to know a few useful SWTOR fansites.

Information is the name of the game when it comes to MMOs, not being informed about the game leads to wipes, and as a future tank I wanna avoid that. I already know of Torhead, but I'd like to know if there's any other useful/good fansites about SWTOR, including stuff like recommended specs, server lists (such as what servers are republic heavy or empire heavy ect) and why not? even some lore thrown in for good measure.

I tried 2 SWTOR wiki-sites but both ended up being fairly dissapointing as they either just copy&pasted from the official site, or just had missing articles altogether. All in all, I wanna have a manual for the different parts of the game, such as recommended ship pieces, what talents are a no-no, ect ect.

Thanks for your help, and looking forward VERY MUCH SO to finally join this game.

I was supposed to join by december since I'm paying my car ATM, but a friend of mine who's "disgruntled" (To put it mildly) is selling me his account at practically a steal =D so I'll be joining ya all next week.

/seeyaingame.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    DarthHater.com is probably the most popular, but it's not exactly a "mmo-champion" social kinda forum. It's more for information.

http://mmo-mechanics.com (formerly sithwarrior) set out to be the EJ of swtor. Not sure they managed that completely but they do have lots of useful class info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
    http://mmo-mechanics.com (formerly sithwarrior) set out to be the EJ of swtor. Not sure they managed that completely but they do have lots of useful class info.
    They were doing well in that aspect but it has definitely declined in terms of class min/maxing. Half of the things in the BH forums are wrong because its just people 'guessing' what is right.

i find at the current time all the sites are ok, none of them are great. I use torhead because of the comments on the items, 9 out of 10 items don't have a location displayed but if you skim through the comments someone will have noted it.

I use swtor-spy to find the location of codex entries.

Deleted
    If you want you can check my blog http://swtorbattles.blogspot.com/. I post there frequently and I also do guides, news and videos. I post some of the news here but some more viewers and more clicks would help me greatly

Forcetremor.com Is a good source of information, it has news, forums and a few guides on it

Deleted
    oldrepublic.net and darthhater.com is the two i use the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally use MMO-Champion.com.....

No one has mentioned my favorite one yet... Dulfy! http://www.dulfy.net. She has fantastic articles and verifies all of the data herself (since so much mis-information is flying around). (Also, askmrrobot.com is a great too, but we have tools more than guides and articles)
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I personally use MMO-Champion.com.....
    ¬.¬ thank you captain obvious. Duh, its common sense that this is one site to ask for help for this game, hence why its not mentioned, I meant OTHER websites that are good/helpful to get info on the game.

To everyone else, thank you for the recommendations. Oldrepublic.net along with darthhater.com and torhead are pretty much the full package regarding info for the game. Too bad there isn't a working wikia at the moment (the only 2 wikias that pop up on Google just have copy&paste from the main website and no articles at all regarding the lore at all)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    ¬.¬ thank you captain obvious. Duh, its common sense that this is one site to ask for help for this game, hence why its not mentioned, I meant OTHER websites that are good/helpful to get info on the game.

To everyone else, thank you for the recommendations. Oldrepublic.net along with darthhater.com and torhead are pretty much the full package regarding info for the game. Too bad there isn't a working wikia at the moment (the only 2 wikias that pop up on Google just have copy&paste from the main website and no articles at all regarding the lore at all)
    Just being helpful ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Just being helpful ^^
    Hey, I agree with ya. I personally just use mmo-champion. I find more info in the megathread than anywhere else and I find it to be more active. Darthhater is just.... bleh. I even prefer torhead over darthhaterdb.

It's worth checking the SWTOR reddit as well. http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor - You can do a search if you have any specific questions, and there'll usually be good answers with helpful comments upvoted. Bit less organized than an actual fansite, but useful nonetheless for random tips and the such.

Just being helpful ^^
    =/ sorry, dind't meant to come off as rude. Its just that I already use this site when I want some info about SWTOR, the thread was about other sides besides this one (heck I use 8 sites for wow)

I know you were trying to be helpful, :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Just found out Noxxic (http://www.noxxic.com/) just added SWTOR to their site in addition to already having WoW. They have pretty much the same kinda info as far as builds, rotations, gearing and other misc. class info.

If you're looking for databases, check out the one we have at AskMrRobot.com. We have 2 unique things to offer

1) We are constantly verifying data to have the most accurate database out there. For example, we're the only ones right now with the correct listing for campaign gear (we removed the variations that don't exist). We also try to keep sources up to date... for example, we show that old champion gear is 'retired' from the game.
    2) Soon we're adding a community feature that will link to relevant articles (written by other people) on item pages. For example, if you're looking at a war hero piece of gear, how nice would it be to have a few links to pvp guides, or pictures of that pvp gear set
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    If you're looking for databases, check out the one we have at AskMrRobot.com. We have 2 unique things to offer

1) We are constantly verifying data to have the most accurate database out there. For example, we're the only ones right now with the correct listing for campaign gear (we removed the variations that don't exist). We also try to keep sources up to date... for example, we show that old champion gear is 'retired' from the game.
    2) Soon we're adding a community feature that will link to relevant articles (written by other people) on item pages. For example, if you're looking at a war hero piece of gear, how nice would it be to have a few links to pvp guides, or pictures of that pvp gear set
    That website is actually great. My guild and I use it currently for gear optimizing.

Though there are some present scaling issues I will not discuss seeing as this isn't the thread for it. If you want to PM me I'd be sure to enlighten you!