Just another help on H-Spine thread :O

Sup MMO-Champ community. I had a few questions for you regarding 10-man Heroic Spine of Deathwing:

What are the distinct advantages to the 1 roll vs 2 roll vs 3 roll strategies?
    Is one of the aforementioned strategies arguably much better than the others?
    When are your healers using each of their cooldowns?
    When are your tanks using each of their cooldowns?
    How does your group handle/avoid the multiple amalgs hitting 9 stacks as you mop up the bloods on each roll?
    Where are you meele/ranged/healers/bloodtank/amalgtank positioned on each plate respectively and on each roll respectively?
    What are the benefits of this positioning?
    What is the range on Superheated Nucleus?
    How beneficial is blood kiting on this fight, with the nerfs in place, vs tanking on top of the whole raid minus amalgamation tank and aoe heal/dmg through them?
    How beneficial to the fight is a 1-2-2 tendon strat if you have the dps for it vs lusting at the end of a 2-2-2, giving it to the heals when needed most?
    From where are the blood corruptions coming from and given that information is there a viable way to increase them to increase the number of blood of neltharion buffs on the raid?

Any other tricks, tips, advice, caveats, graphs, data, number crunching, other math craft, etc+w/e for this fight would be greatly appreciated.

Our current group:
    Prot war = Blood tank
    Prot pally = Amalg tank
    2 Rogues
    1 Hunter
    1 Ele Shaman
    1 Shadow Priest
    1 Disc Priest
    2 Resto Shamans

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/42cmt6kwufma2lxf/
    Last edited by Travex; 2012-04-27 at 02:42 PM.

Deleted
    First of all lets get 1 thing straight off the bat, to the best of my understanding the rate at which bloods spawned increases every time an Amalgamation is killed. Not rolled, but killed (ie: each time you do a lift). I'm not 100% certain if this is the case but I have heard reports that it is so and my experience seems to confirm this. Now your questions in order:

- Not sure what a 2 roll strat is. We always roll 3 times and I see no reason not to since the first roll is so easy.
    - Again, I've only ever done a 3 roll one. Never had an issue with it.
    - SLT to clear debuffs before each roll (while AoEing bloods). Tranquility or some other strong CD during the roll itself.
    - During the 9 stacks blow-up of the Amalg, alternating tank CDs so that 1 is up for each Amalg. Personal CDs at their discretion.
    - We don't, as stated earlier we use 1-3 raid CDs while rolling which heal through the roll even with Amalgs blowing up. Otherwise its just up to your tanks to path them
    - We're all stacked next to the plate, during rolls it doesn't really matter. Just pick a place to always roll in (ie: top left) and stick with it
    - Stacking up near plate allows cleaves to hit bloods so that they don't get out of control, it also allows both tanks access to any stray bloods to keep them off of healers and the cleaving means that if anyone draws accidental aggro it'll be a DPS rather than a healer. The downside is that the Amalg tank might get too many bloods but it shouldn't happen if he's careful with his AoE
    - Don't know
    - We never bothered with kiting, it seems much harder to kite than not to kite on 10m. As a healer I don't find bloods to be anywhere near hard enough to heal through to justify kiting, so long as they don't swarm a healer its easy to keep the tank alive
    - As I said earlier, each time you lift a tendon means more bloods spawning faster. So if you can save yourself a lift it is very beneficial to do so.

Throughout the different strats we tried one thing I found that made the biggest difference is to AoE the bloods down before the 2nd and 3rd rolls, resetting the bloods and residues on the ground made the fight so much easier. Also keeping tight positions so that stray cleaves and AoEs will keep bloods off healers was quite important for us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Travex View Post
    Sup MMO-Champ community. I had a few questions for you regarding 10-man Heroic Spine of Deathwing:

What are the distinct advantages to the 2 roll vs 3 roll strategies?
    Is one of the aforementioned strategies arguably much better than the other?
    When are your healers using each of their cooldowns?
    When are your tanks using each of their cooldowns?
    How does your group handle/avoid the multiple amalgs hitting 9 stacks as you mop up the bloods on each roll?
    Where are you meele/ranged/healers/bloodtank/amalgtank positioned on each plate respectively and on each roll respectively?
    What are the benefits of this positioning?
    What is the range on Superheated Nucleus?
    How beneficial is blood kiting on this fight, with the nerfs in place, vs tanking on top of the whole raid minus amalgamation tank and aoe heal/dmg through them?
    How beneficial to the fight is a 1-2-2 tendon strat if you have the dps for it vs lusting at the end of a 2-2-2, giving it to the heals when needed most?

Any other tricks, tips, advice, caveats, graphs, data, number crunching, other math craft, etc+w/e for this fight would be greatly appreciated.

- Only done 3 rolls, so dunno.
    Healers use cd's during rolls.
    I pop my 4set tanking every algamation blowup.
    Have raid move out for roll before you start soaking, you'll take max 1-2 aoe ticks.
    healers/ranged in middle, top plate, tank on either side.
    We always stack for rolls in right side, middle hole (doesnt matter long as dps can reach corruption while rolling)
    The range is ~10 yards, i look at animation never bother to check.
    Never kited tbh, just makes it harder, if tank cant handle the incoming damage, i would suggest killing off bloods vs kiting them, but up to the raid whats easier to execute.(i recommend not kiting tho)
    You will only gain 1 less stack by doing 1-2-2.
    But you'll waste hero when you actually need it the most and unless you can do 1-1-1 or 1-1-2, i would say just go 2-2-2- with hero for the last.

For the prot warrior.
    Have him spec blood craze, max out his avoidance (~3k rating each in dodge/parry) while still keeping ctc cap.
    On 2nd/3rd plate only tell him to move ~5 yards from top plate back and forth, and only when he shockwaves the adds, rest tclap and cleave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    -You will only gain 1 less stack by doing 1-2-2.
    But you'll waste hero when you actually need it the most and unless you can do 1-1-1 or 1-1-2, i would say just go 2-2-2- with hero for the last.
    Just a little nitpick here: if you run the numbers then any guild that has the DPS to down a tendon in one go (even with hero/pots) will have the DPS to easily burn tendons in 2 goes without either of those external CDs.

Basically if you can do this strat then hero/lust isn't at all necessary for the 3rd Tendon, so you might as well use it early and kill the first Tendon in one lift. It'll save you from a lot of bloods later on making the fight much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Just a little nitpick here: if you run the numbers then any guild that has the DPS to down a tendon in one go (even with hero/pots) will have the DPS to easily burn tendons in 2 goes without either of those external CDs.

Basically if you can do this strat then hero/lust isn't at all necessary for the 3rd Tendon, so you might as well use it early and kill the first Tendon in one lift. It'll save you from a lot of bloods later on making the fight much easier.
    Yeah it's not about the 1 debuff from killing an amalg you save but a HUGE chunk of time which trivializes blood spawn rates completely. So there will never be a frantic 3rd plate 2nd lift where you want hero because there are a lot fewer bloods hanging out.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    First of all lets get 1 thing straight off the bat, to the best of my understanding the rate at which bloods spawned increases every time an Amalgamation is killed. Not rolled, but killed (ie: each time you do a lift). I'm not 100% certain if this is the case but I have heard reports that it is so and my experience seems to confirm this.
    http://enigma-nagrand.com/Blood%20Spawn%20Timed.PNG
    Proves the spawn rate increases periodically over time at a linear rate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Travex View Post
    http://enigma-nagrand.com/Blood%20Spawn%20Timed.PNG
    Proves the spawn rate increases periodically over time at a linear rate.
    Not sure what I'm looking at there, can't see a legend or anything. But I can take your word for it, either way it doesn't really change our strat. Killing a tendon in 1 go is always beneficial imo.

Man killing a tendon in one lift would be nice, as it is my guild is still struggling to get one sub 50%. Any tips on burst/targetting the Tendons? We've tried /targetexact, tried /target boss2, and people still seem to have issues getting the thing targetting and dpsed fast enough. Is it a range issue, ie they're too far away from it so the target macros don't work?
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Deleted
    Make your practice on dummies in the capitols. Stopwatch and 18 seconds. Should make them all realize something new - it helped my dos a lot as a hunter.