10+ Year Old Account

Guild wars 2 beta dl issue.

kk i'll be brief...80,000 files to go to download harddrive dropped out...no biggie happened once before it ran a repair started back up again fine np...happened again just recently repair ran and started back at 180,000 files again....im really fucking pissed off, have to download the WHOLE thing again which on australian net is patheticly long...im sitting there with a gw2.dat file at 11gig in size...but no matter what i try it starts again at 180,000 files...

anyone live in perth australia that can xfer the files for me in person? lol.

long story short just venting the fuck out of missing out on this beta...takes me like 32+ hours to download the whole thing agian I can't afford to re-dl that...fucking pissed right the fuck off...

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the dat and exe in the same folder?
    Because it needs to be.

Are the GW2.dat at 11GB, the EXE, and the .TMP all in the sale folder?
    Pretty much all I can think of, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    You still have over 5 hours to release mate, i i can't immagine your net being too slow to DL within that time :S

Took me less than an hour, well atleast check if the .dat .exe and the .tmp is in the same folder like Delias and Mif said.
    If they are, and it still starts DL from the top, then i don't think you have any other choice than redownloading.

Best of Luck
    |Asus Sabertooth 990FX|AMD Phenom II 1090T 4.2Ghz x6|XFX R7970 Black Edition|Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz 8gb|Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling|

Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    80,000 files to go to download harddrive dropped out...no biggie happened once before it ran a repair started back up again fine
    At a guess, you may have one or more bad sector(s) on your hard disk (or some other drive fault) - depending on what you mean by "hard drive dropped out".

Be assured these symptoms are far from normal, and may well indicate a larger, more serious, incoming issue. Just my guess based on symptoms - I'd be looking to swap out hard drives and clone your existing install.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel sorry for you. Gotta hate that 500kbs down connection...

10+ Year Old Account
    having to redownload it again...130,000 files to go and beta has already started =(...well yea the .dat 11gig file was in the same folder...same as the temp file and .exe file all together...just wouldnt read it...either way im just downloading it again...and also don't understimate australian download crap...150kbs...aka 35-38 hours to download the beta...thats straight.