Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    @Mif

Here is mines - I was standing in the Divinitys Reach with tons of ppl doing stuff - Windows 7 Resource Monitor

Because I am from Poland, I will translate:
    Średnie zużycie CPU = Average CPU usage

See the graph, the orange line is a GW2. It's almost not moving above 60%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    It's almost not moving above 60%.
    Nah I don't mean the usage, that doesn't worry me.
    The question is how many cores is GW2 running on.

The popular belief is that it's only running on 1 core, but that's not what I've found.

I don't think anyone's claiming it only runs on a single core. It's just that the game seems to like to saturate a single core above the others, not utilizing them to a fraction of their potential. I don't really expect it's a problem with all setups, but it's by no means a rare one.

Last edited by Berserker Cronus; 2012-04-28 at 08:04 PM.

I was just looking at this as well, as I have an 8 core machine (It's a 2008 Mac Pro running Windows 7, 2xIntel E5462 CPU's), and I'm seeing something completely similar. I checked this first

Than I ran Resource Monitor and watched it for a few minutes of playing.

Same thing, it only maxes out 1 CPU. It should get better.

All settings at ultra I barely dipped below 50fps. In large events with lots of people sometimes it went down to 40. No less. Not sure why I got so much better performance than other people, but here's my specs.

i5 2500k sandy bridge
    asrock extreme4gen3 mobo
    8gig duel channel ram
    gtx 560 ti 448core, 1280mb gpu
    Running the game off an SSD (I never saw a single loadscreen the entire beta)

Sandy i5 2500k OC to 4.7GHz
    Asus P8Z68-V-PRO
    8G DDR3
    GTX 570
    128 SSD
    Res-1920 by 1080
    Game set to max settings

No lag at all. Even in WvWvW with 40 plus players blazing away. It ran smooth as butter for the whole weekend.

Why are some lagging and some not? Seems strange.

Deleted
    I ran with:
    128 GB samsung 830 (GW2 on it)
    I7 2600k
    8 gig ram ddr3
    Evga geforce gtx 460 special clocked

Played on 1920x1080 with settings on 'best appearance' without much of an issue, except when the server was lagging itself.

i7, HD6950, 8GB DDR3, 1920x1080, max settings, in instanced/lower populated areas I was running 60+ fps, smooth as butter. As soon as I got a handful of players around, 20-30 fps. During the Legendary White Bunny of Caerdannog/Bloodthirsty Black Moas of One-Shot I had a solid 3-5 fps.