Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    how can you see your frames? and I know mine was running smooth as ever with full max at 1920x1200. Only a few lag spikes in the last 4 hours. Playing on a High pop server so...

Quote Originally Posted by Quanille View Post
    So how was your initial 15 mins of GW2 Performance wise??

I got about 25 FPS all settings maxed, but my GPU and CPU load was only 20-25%

So assuming it'll go to 100% when optimized 100 fps should be there :P
    I dunno about what Your CPU is, but it all depends on what kind of processor U have.
    VERY IMPORTANT: Guild Wars 2 only uses 1 core! Which means, that users with i7 will have max 12,5% load because i7 has got 8 cores (4, but Hyper-Threading doubles it). If U have 20-25% then it means that U have 4 cores. Etc etc. We must hope that ArenaNet will update the game to use more cores and GPU.
    This info should be sticky somewhere to end all this "only 12-25% wtf! they lie about CPU!" spam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Yeah it's better than it was a few hours ago, I actually just got a few quests done.
    Events. It's called events my friend. (Or hearts)

But yeah, the server side lag was gone after about 4AM CEST.

When beta first started was at 20~fps at most. After a few hours I'm up to 40-50fps while alone and 25-30 while in average sized groups on max (no FXAA shadows on high).
    i5 2500k OC@4.0Ghz and HD6870. Probably a compatability thing, I shouldn't be getting better fps than you guys with the 580s.
    Last edited by Guilegamesh; 2012-04-28 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I dunno about what Your CPU is, but it all depends on what kind of processor U have.
    VERY IMPORTANT: Guild Wars 2 only uses 1 core! Which means, that users with i7 will have max 12,5% load because i7 has got 8 cores (4, but Hyper-Threading doubles it). If U have 20-25% then it means that U have 4 cores. Etc etc. We must hope that ArenaNet will update the game to use more cores and GPU.
    This info should be sticky somewhere to end all this "only 12-25% wtf! they lie about CPU!" spam.
    No offense, but where did you come up with Guild Wars 2 only using a single cpu core?
    Most games don't take advantage of hyperthreading, but I highly doubt gw2 is only utilizing a single core.

Quote Originally Posted by tossaway View Post
    No offense, but where did you come up with Guild Wars 2 only using a single cpu core?
    Most games don't take advantage of hyperthreading, but I highly doubt gw2 is only utilizing a single core.
    Probably by checking the load on the cores (or entire cpu) while running the game.

I am not offended I just tell what I know, dont care what whoever thinks, don't have time for this, feel free to disagree or agree
    How I get this info about GW2 uses only 1 core?
    Yes I checked the load on the cores. Get SpeedFan and see it by yourself Or just use task manager and see the lines in performance.

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo View Post
    Nope.

Good graphical MMO game is good.
    (Which equates to bad performance = no one plays = dead game)

Not even going to try GW2 now, the game is dead on arrival because it has great graphics.
    Yes, we should hold back graphical advancement and play WoW-graphic games all our lives because a few people are too cheap to upgrade once every 10 years.

I lagged kinda hard when large groups of people were around at the beginning, but ever since the servers were shut down for 30 minutes it's been really smooth.

Or how about....

" software developers make poorly optimised pc games in order to boost sales for hardware manufacturers "

and

" consumers fall for this trick every single time "
    It's hardly fair to call it a poorly optimised game when they just had their first nearly public beta weekend and we don't even know the release date yet.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having no problems whatsoever. At one point I had some latency in competitive pvp, but now I'm not having any latency or FPS problems at all.

i5 2500K@ 4.2GHz with HD6870 is what im using, and im running it at max graphics smoothly, not sure on the FPS but it doesnt look choppy at all
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

Show me just one game where im wrong.
    Oh please, go back to the thread you made about your "protecting the people" spiel. You know nothing about how computers work if you think that a game can't be optimized further once it's in beta. Lag isn't dependent on solely graphics you fool.

I could name games, but how would I prove it with concise proof that you wouldn't just flap away with your nonsense? SWTOR for one had way shittier fps in beta.

Deleted
    Show me just one game where im wrong.
    Dude shut the fuck up please. You are not making any valid arguments towards your case. The game is in an early stage. I played many games in a beta stage that had terrible performance issues which were worked on before release. Not sure you know what 'optimisation' means so here's what it sais in our beloved dictionary:

Noun 1. optimisation - the act of rendering optimal; "the simultaneous optimization of growth and profitability"; "in an optimization problem we seek values of the variables that lead to an optimal value of the function that is to be optimized"; "to promote the optimization and diversification of agricultural products"

They are working on making the game run better by removing unnessecary lines of code, using rendering tricks (render only what you see) and whatever the fuck else.
    The game runs perfectly well on my PC at highest graphical settings with a 460 nvidia card. I'm sure on a 200 or 300 series you can still get 30-40 fps at minimum. And if you're gonna demand maximum graphics on all cards, please re-inform yourself about how graphical rendering works.

Game works fine. That is all.

Ive built maps for years.

Once youve designed a map and put all your no texture / blocking tectures / portals in, (and ssuming youve done it properly of course), that is it.

No more development graphical optimisations can be made unless you redesign the whole map from scratch and have your no textures / blocking textures / portals repositioned and reworked.

All the end user can do is lower resolutions, turn effects on / off to gain some fps.

Thats it.

Beta maps in commercial games like this have already been designed with all the no textures / blocking textures / portals already finished.

The only way you will gain fps improvements in GW2 now is to lower resolutions, turn effects on / off, or find ways in the config file to alter core usage for your particular machine.

The only reason you and others oppose my sentences is because its not what you want to hear.

"Dont shoot the messenger" springs to mind.......
    Hardly a messenger if you don't have a message to bring. And a message isn't something an unknown forum user says in a post. A message would be a link to professional sites that claim what you claim. More like, "don't listen to drunk uncle Teddy."

Actually, i can list almost every MMO beta as proof of what i am saying.

Every single MMO Beta i have played in (which is more than 10), shows almost the exact same frame rate in Beta as it does the final product.

Since you oppose what i am saying, you are more than welcome to illustrate with an example of a game that had terrible fps in Beta, and smooth fps in Live.

If you cant do that, well, your opposition arguments just blows out the water.
    That's not proof. You're not illustrating anything. You saying it doesn't make it proof. Rofl.

"Abraham Lincoln was a vampire slayer."

@wooshiewoo
    Your arguments are totally invalid in case of the whole product. Read about the game engines and ways to optimize them, learn about the rendering mechanism in GW2, they are still working on it. Basically, when they turn it fully on, we will get few times more FPS.

Example of the game which FPS performance is better after patches while their performance was HORRIBLE during the beta? Games with Cryengine, WoW, ToR, Earthrise, EvE Online. Just a few examples out of my head.

Wooshiewoo, you are just spreading the hate and in my opinion such actions should be denied and throw away, there is no place for that in a friendly community.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-04-28 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    Well it is proof isnt it. How is it not?

1) I played game Beta, it had xx fps.
    2) I played the same game live, it had xx fps and didnt show any obvious fps increases
    3) I repeated this process ~10 times, all with the same results

Conclusive proof? No?

What is conclusive proof though?

Anyway, prepare to eat your words when Live runs no better than Beta (in terms of fps), just like every other MMO Beta that has come to pass.
    Guys, guys... lets not argue... this guy totally knows what he's talking about. He didn't make any mmo games but he's run TESTS! on one PC! that must be conclusive evidence if i ever saw it.

/sarcasm off

Well it is proof isnt it. How is it not?

1) I played game Beta, it had xx fps.
    2) I played the same game live, it had xx fps and didnt show any obvious fps increases
    3) I repeated this process ~10 times, all with the same results

Conclusive proof? No?

What is conclusive proof though?

Anyway, prepare to eat your words when Live runs no better than Beta (in terms of fps), just like every other MMO Beta that has come to pass.

It's not proof because you have nothing to show that you're not lying. If you don't understand how it's not proof, then I'm not going to bother talking to you any longer. I could just as easily say "I've played more than 10 betas, and the fps has increased every time from beta to launch!" Does that make it proof? No, just as much as yours isn't proof. People in real life aren't children; if you want to say something drastic like "betas always show the same fps as launch", then you need actual proof like links to reputable websites that provide actual statistics and details. If you don't, then there's no reason for anyone to believe an anonymous forum user. If you don't understand this, well then I don't know what to say.

The great part is, you know i am right, and GW2 will run just as terrible on Live release.

You know that i know that you know.

Thats the great part about it
    This is the part where I usually get infracted for calling you what you should be called, but I don't like being banned anymore so I won't.

I showed that your "proof" was nothing more than hearsay, and you resort to childish banter. There is no argument here, just squabbling. I'm not a little girl, though.

*huggles*
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-04-28 at 03:48 PM.