Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Used computer parts

Any legit place to find current used computer parts? Things like an i5-2500k, 6950 GPU etc.

Craigslist is really not viable and Ebay is too expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try searching for computer fairs in your area.

Anandtech FS/T forums are where I get the vast majority of my used parts. The user base is huge, and you can find anything from modern parts to 20-year-old hardware if you look for it.
    Super casual.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any spare accounts for it Nellah?

It requires 25 posts and a 7 day registration delay and I am looking to buy shortly O_o.

Anybody have an Anandtech account I could use?

You have to build up a bit of a rep there, so I doubt it.
    Super casual.

mmo-champion needs to have a FS/T forum, it would work well!

OT: I don't sir :/

I don't know if this is what you're looking for necessarily but on Newegg a lot of their refurbished items are nice. I got my graphics card from there refurbed and I haven't had any issues with it. Plus refurbished items are quite a bit cheaper.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    LF somebody with an Anandtech forums account that has 25+ posts. Will treat it nicely I promise

I normally have no issues buying used parts on ebay I just buy from powersellers.
    In fact about 3 years ago I built a dual core athlon machine entirly out of used parts I bought on ebay.

Only issue I've ever had was with harddrives But that was only because those 80gb Western Digital Sata drives you see posted all over ebay are complete garbage.

You'll have really hard time finding used i5-2500K cheap anywhere, as it is still very much relevant hardware. R6950 maybe...
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Why is craigslist not viable?

Quote Originally Posted by schnitzendoble View Post
    Why is craigslist not viable?
    The average person buys prebuilt machines and doesn't know how to disassemble a computer, let alone what any of the components actually do.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If anything - stay away from used PSUs, HDDs, and motherboards, my suggestion to you.

The only used products I'd personally be even willing to consider buying would be used fans or chassis, that's it.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    If anything - stay away from used PSUs, HDDs, and motherboards, my suggestion to you.

The only used products I'd personally be even willing to consider buying would be used fans or chassis, that's it.
    CPUs are pretty risk-free, you have to try hard to kill one of those... power supplies and hard drives I'd probably shy away from unless the person offered some sort of guarantee and you tested them on arrival.
    Super casual.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if someone rubbed their sweaty fingers all over the underside of the CPU! Screw taking that risk.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

If you haven't yet, check Amazon as they may have some used ones for cheap (I have some used PC parts for sell currently on there [i.e., core i7 930, etc.])

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still LF Anandtech account with 25+ posts. WILL TREAT VERY WELL!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry bud - crosses too close to the "buying/selling" line as you're asking to do business with someone else, something that MMO-Champion doesn't do.

If you want to buy off Anandtech, make an account there and wait the registration period, otherwise buy from an online store if you're desperate to get the stuff now.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right