Thread: 24 twinks news

24 twinks news

Here's how to gem your low-level toons.

First, get a friend who's BS 400 or above,
    Second take BS (Blacksmith) level 1 as a profession,
    Third look up your favorite boss drop wrist or gloves.

It must be a boss drop with the blue "tradable" text. Run the dungeon with the friend and have him pickup the wrists or gloves drops, you must both be eligible for the gear upon the next steps. I recommend running the instance all five times and get as many drops as possible. Then go to a forge. Some of the following steps are time sensitive.

1) open a trade window
    2) Have the 400 BS begin the socket cast
    3) Have the 400 BS drop the item in trade*, **
    4) Have the lowbie click trade
    5) At 95% socket cast, have the 400 BS click trade***

* must be in the trade window, not the "will not be traded window"
    ** a macro to insta-accomplish this step is:
    /run PickupContainerItem(0,1)
    /click TradePlayerItem1ItemButton
    *** Better to err on the side of clicking trade early, because the items are not burned. Too late and the loot item is socketed in the 400 BS's bag. /run AcceptTrade() may be placed as a second macro button, to simplify things.

If done properly, you will have a socket suitable for +20 stat gems, which is huge in the lower brackets.
    While some seem to take a dim view of this procedure, everyone can see that only normal casts and clicks are used. One should rightly assume this is intended use, since no cheats, codes or programming is utilized. It's a little sensitive to timing, but so are many things in WoW. My druid jumps out of the water and if I time it just right, can achieve flight form. This trick is equally time sensitive and is intended. So, have fun with the new gems and Good Luck.

source : http://www.twinkinfo.com/20-24-brack...-gems-all.html
    Original source : http://www.twinkinfo.com/frontpage-n...still-can.html

Pyrium weapon chain
    easy trick go on a level 81+ main
    apply pyrium weapon chain to boa weapon
    mail boa weapon to 24 twink(it does work)
    source: http://www.twinkinfo.com/general-twi...ble-bug-3.html

enjoy and have fun 24 twinking!!!
    use gems and pyrium weapon chain while you still can to farm 12 year old trial kids
    Last edited by poorkilla; 2012-04-28 at 03:23 AM.

HF with your bans

Quote Originally Posted by Imbasawrus View Post
    HF with your bans
    i am sharing the latest news for 24 twinks what am i doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by poorkilla View Post
    Nothing wrong with your post, but the blacksmith doesn't make gemslots for others. it's supposed to be only for himself.
    If you are not a blacksmith with the proper level you aren't supposed to have 2 gemslots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Though it could be argued this is a "clever use of game mechanics", let's face it... it's cheating.
    I could see the pyrium chain trick not receiving a ban, but the gem socket for sure treads on very bannable grounds.

Exploiting bugs, the game is not made for this to happen because of the fact blacksmiths socketing an item binds it to them. Thus if you are getting an item that is supposed to be bound to another character, that is exploiting a bug, thus cheating by blizzard's rules. You will probably get banned, but nice find!

Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    Though it could be argued this is a "clever use of game mechanics", let's face it... it's cheating.
    I could see the pyrium chain trick not receiving a ban, but the gem socket for sure treads on very bannable grounds.
    its a clever use of game mechanics not an exploit. besides even if it was it wont be anymore if i tell everyone about it this thread was made specifically for 24 twinks to use this new knowledge to farm 12 year old trial kids more effectively. This "exploit" hardly affects pay to play people since they all know how to do it now.
    Last edited by poorkilla; 2012-04-28 at 03:25 AM.

its a clever use of game mechanics not an exploit. besides even if it was it wont be anymore if i tell everyone about it
    It's not cheating if everyone knows about it? That's a very... Skewed way of looking at things, but I would still assume it's ban-able.
    "Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found."
    By a forum member "Membrane"

10+ Year Old Account
    its a clever use of game mechanics not an exploit. besides even if it was it wont be anymore if i tell everyone about it
    It's an exploit, plain and simple. I don't see how you could argue it any other way.
    We can only hope that by you telling more people about it blizzard will fix it faster than you can say "Forest Merely Setback!" ;-P

its not bannable the most i heard from other players at twinkinfo was gems getting removed , but anyways you can always redo the gems

brb reporting bug/ exploit

Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    brb reporting bug/ exploit
    haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadisabeast View Post
    It's not cheating if everyone knows about it? That's a very... Skewed way of looking at things, but I would still assume it's ban-able.
    Just because everyone knows about it doesn't make it ok...

haters gonna hate
    What?
    Hes a hater for reporting bugs/exploits? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    Just because everyone knows about it doesn't make it ok...
    the catch is f2p trials cant do it. my target audience are 24 twinks so that we can farm 12 year old trials more effectively.
    this creative use of game mechanics wont be of much use to other brackets since you will be faced of against people with this knowledge of gems and weapon chains.

the catch is f2p trials cant do it. my target audience are 24 twinks so that we can farm 12 year old trials more effectively.
    this creative use of game mechanics wont be of much use to other brackets since you will be faced of against people with this knowledge of gems and weapon chains.
    Oh so since it's just creative use of game mechanics why stop at lvl24 twinks? Your 85s could all have gemslots!
    It's the blacksmith perk. You are not supposed to have it if you are not a lvl400 blacksmith.
    If you have something you aren't supposed to have, it's a bannable offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbasawrus View Post
    Oh so since it's just creative use of game mechanics why stop at lvl24 twinks? Your 85s could all have gemslots!
    It's the blacksmith perk. You are not supposed to have it if you are not a lvl400 blacksmith.
    If you have something you aren't supposed to have, it's a bannable offence.
    its not bannable the most i heard from twinkinfo was someone getting their gems removed.

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 01:43 AM ----------

bump to keep this knowledge up so 12 year old trial kids will get farmed more effectively.

Lightbulb Correction

If done properly, you will have a socket suitable for +20 stat gems, which is huge in the lower brackets.
    While some seem to take a dim view of this procedure, everyone can see that only normal casts and clicks are used. One should rightly assume this is intended use, since no cheats, codes or programming is utilized. It's a little sensitive to timing, but so are many things in WoW. My druid jumps out of the water and if I time it just right, can achieve flight form. This trick is equally time sensitive and is intended. So, have fun with the new gems and Good Luck.
    (Partial quote, bold added)

You would be wrong to assume the intention of the World of Warcraft game designers based on your errant and misguided reasoning. The use of inherent lag in the game is a violation of the Terms of Use as set for by Blizzard. Exploiting lag is very much different than time sensitive clicks. While clicking at a certain time is required it also required doing so BEFORE the cast was complete and regularly would not work. Lower population realms where lag is not much of an issue this exploit is much harder to do. This blacksmith slot exploit is no different from the guild bank exploit or the mailbox exploit before that. Just like those exploits this one has been fixed.

Reference Blizzard's Terms of Use, Section C, subsection (i).
    Last edited by Critster; 2013-05-25 at 09:02 PM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    There was no reason to necro this old thread