Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Leveling a hunter!!!

So I've been thinking about leveling a hunter, Jumping back and fourth from the idea...I leveled one during Wotlk when we still used mana and Honestly i think it was funner back then! But I like the idea of focus..But the main thing that is holding me back is the race!

I looked at base stats, I looked at lore..I looked at all races in the gear I would like to transmog...In the tiers as well! And I still can't decide,
    I like undead but I already have four undead >.<

I like the idea of blood elf hunters, but the way they stand is like "duhfuck"..and the hair just feels to neat for a "Hunter" I understand there more like rangers (MM) but..they just don't fit and there starting area is boring

Orcs...Shoulders nuff said

Trolls..I like the bare feet..I like the hair styles I just don't like the face, the tusk is the most important I leveled 2 trolls through my 6 year Wow career and that was the one thing I just hated about them! I like them, troll lore and how hunter fits in with them! I like the bodies...the postures

Goblin...HELL NO! That little haste and those red eyes, are the only thing I like about them...there starting and secondary area sucks!

Tauren...Idk there too big, they don't seem to fit hunters but the native American thing...or more or less the the tribal thing
    ---------------

I would also like to know why I see so many hunters doing crap DPS at low levels now a days, I out dps them on enh shaman, arms warrior, rogue and ShadowPriest

is it just the player then?
    ---
    So I was wondering about enchants (they help alot =p) If I should get 1 dagger +15 enchant with the stealth enchant on my cloak, or use the axe with 25 agility and stamina and not the cloak enchant, since that is only +8 with dodge rating?
    ----
    Is there anything I can put on my bow to make it better? A scope or enchant will do fine...a blacksmithing item could be useful but I'm not sure which-

Alright! Sorry for this mess..I can't keep a thought straight, alittle tired do your best to answer
    - - - - - - - - -- - -
    I just don't know..I big thing with me is looks, and attack animations and the bad ass feel of the character it self
    Last edited by Duito; 2012-04-28 at 04:50 AM.
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Alright, its very simple. If you are going to raid. Then you want Worgen for Alliance and Troll/Orc for Horde.

If you are not going to raid, pick whatever you like. That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombs View Post
    Alright, its very simple. If you are going to raid. Then you want Worgen for Alliance and Troll/Orc for Horde.

I'm going to do both though!!!! =p

LIFE

10+ Year Old Account
    There really is no need for another Huntard in the world.
    So just don't make one.

And if you cant decide because of a little bit of a difference between some model shapes, that you don't even see after 15hours of leveling, then you have some issues I guess.

/roll 1-6. Orcs - 1, Goblins - 6. Boom that's sorted.
    No one takes Hunters seriously at low levels, just spam autoattack.
    You are leveling, it's impossible to die as a hunter, unless they are like 10levels above you. Enchants don't mean much, appart from if you want to faceroll in BGs.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just sayin, leveling a hunter is the most fun in battlegrounds, I have leveled 3 different races all being hunters to see if I notice a difference, 1 my favorite one has always been worgen, I like darkflight and the character just looks BA, but in your case you only seem to be horde, so I would have to say the only one I liked about horde (undead and tauren were my other 2 hunters) was the undead. Just seems to work with the small body and stance.
    Duck walks into a bar, says to the bartender, "Got any grapes?" Bartender says no, duck says "Got any grapes?" "No" "Got any grapes?" "NO!" "Got any--" "If you say got any grapes one more time I'm going to nail your bill to the wall..." "Got a nail?" "No." "Got any grapes?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc all the way. Used to be a Blood Elf myself, but got fed up with being branded a noob as one and race changed to an Orc and was taken much more seriously. The racial attack power ability is bad ass, the gear looks bad ass (except for pvp) and everything in general about orcs can be cool. If you don't like the hair styles in character creation, there ARE some others at the in game barber.

Female orc is the best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    orc or troll! personally big fan of troll hunters, if you manage to get the correct face features and create a female troll you're the man! not enough female troll hunters
    but just pick the one you are more drawn to. if you still don't know flip a coin. heads= troll. tails= orc. simple :>

Deleted
    The race won't matter at all, people always say pick X or Y for raid but really the difference in DPS or utility will account for very very little. Just pick the race you prefer, so you've already got 4 undeads? Who cares, I've almost always rolled night elves because I prefer them and that'll be that. Change for the sake of change doesn't end well.

Low level characters aren't balanced and there aren't meant to be. Throughout the expansions classes at low levels have varied dramatically in DPS output because of the various changes made to class mechanics; one change which can balance one class at max level can make it overpowered/underpowered at low levels, that's just the way it is.

Rule of thumb for hunters is usually AGI all the time. Always.
    As for scopes, well pick up engineering if you want to make some but personally I'm not a fan of the profession, i would simply by them from Ah and pick a more lucrative profession option.

Good luck with your hunter, it's an awesome class.

I like my Orc Hunter. He has a black wolf named Barrack and doesnt afraid of anything.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

I wish my hunter were male troll. Or i wish race change was free

Are you seriously not making certain races because you hate their starting zones? It takes an hour, get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Go go orc females. Solves shoulder issue, but still a badass.

Forsaken - You say you already have a bunch of these, and you want to branch out. That's fine I suppose, but if you really want another Forsaken, go for it. There's nothing wrong with a little race loyalty.

Blood Elves - They have pretty nice bow animations. That and something about an Elf with a bow just fits. I'm not personally a huge fan of the race but I think they make decent Hunters.

Tauren - My favorite race. The females are much smaller than the males, not in height but in overall "bulk". Lore-wise, Hunters are a huge part of Tauren culture, which makes sense if you think about it. However as far as racials go, this race is probably bottom of the list from a min/max standpoint. Didn't stop me though.

Trolls - Can't go wrong here. I can never seem to get past their posture, but Troll Hunters definitely just "fit". Good racials for the class as well.

Orcs - Again, that posture thing. Stand up straight damnit! Orc females, on the other hand, make FANTASTIC Hunters. Better posture than the males, good bow animations, and gear scales to them just amazingly well. I often times suspect that the various Hunter tier sets were designed on a female Orc then adjusted for the other races. It just looks right on them.

Goblin - I gotta agree with you. They just don't seem right for the class.

Low level Hunters doing crap dps? Gotta be the player. Could be they haven't really mastered pet mechanics yet (or haven't bothered to spec their pet). Could be they're not keeping serpent sting up on targets with larger health pools (or wasting gcd's on it on targets that will die in 5 seconds). Might just be crap gear or poor focus management. We're capable of good dps, rest assured. Also, do yourself a favor and do some BGs around level 20-30, doesn't matter what spec you choose either. We're crazy OP at low levels in pvp.

Heirlooms - Get the bow for sure, and yes you can put scopes on it. Scopes, unlike enchants, have no item level requirement, only a player level one. That means you can upgrade your scope as you level, and use actual level appropriate ones. Lots of Hunters go for the daggers, but I didn't bother with my various Hunter alts. You can't even equip them both until level 20 (I know, that comes fast, but still). Since your melee wep is a stat stick anyway, I just use whatever I can get through questing and dungeons and such. 15 agility x2 on the daggers is awesome up until about level 50ish, then just about anything you get from a dungeon will be better even without enchants. Don't bother with the axe, strength is basically a zero stat for us, only increasing melee damage (which you aren't doing).
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by Bombs View Post

Doing fine as a Human.

Just play what seems enjoyable OP. All races have up and downs, unless you're pushing for top 10 WoL parses, racials make very little difference.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    So just don't make one.

And if you cant decide because of a little bit of a difference between some model shapes, that you don't even see after 15hours of leveling, then you have some issues I guess.

You are leveling, it's impossible to die as a hunter, unless they are like 10levels above you. Enchants don't mean much, appart from if you want to faceroll in BGs.
    Uhm.. Or perhaps the person actually gives a crap about what he plays? Ever heard of aestetics? Not to mention this is an rpg, characters play a pretty darn big role. Honestly, if you don't see your characters after 15 hours of leveing, then you have issues.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    alliance = worgen , horde = troll imo. Tauren is just so awesome tho D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Are you seriously not making certain races because you hate their starting zones? It takes an hour, get over it.
    takes 15 to 30 minutes for meh Lol
    And tons of other reasons...If you read, you know your eyes working with your brain to make sense of what your looking at?
    It helps =)

LIFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    I'm going to do both though!!!! =p
    Just pick a race you think looks good then, but troll and orc is the best looking ones for horde anyway
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Uhm.. Or perhaps the person actually gives a crap about what he plays? Ever heard of aestetics? Not to mention this is an rpg, characters play a pretty darn big role. Honestly, if you don't see your characters after 15 hours of leveing, then you have issues.
    Thank you for having a brain =)
    What race would you pick?

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    Just pick a race you think looks good then, but troll and orc is the best looking ones for horde anyway
    I'm on the fence man! I can't even decide...its fucking stupid
    but yet, can't do it...I level one race, and then I'm like err, and derp out only to remake another hunter

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 12:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    So just don't make one.

By saying huntard, your referring to yourself correct? Because frankly that term is old and over used...Back peddling hunters are noobs, idea I played hunter before all through out tbc, and Wotlk got bored of them in cata and deleted the ones I had (that I leveled to 85) Dumb mistake indeed!

But I'm good "sir" am not a huntard...I'm a hunter, a monsta with a bow...a stalker of pray! Its what they/we do, all the fails should not roll the class indeed..giving the good ones a bad name, its pathetic! I honestly didn't think people used that term anymore xD

Nut up or shut up either way...Everything you said is invalid besides the /roll idea, which was a good one and helped me to pick orc!

Enchants mean everything, no matter what level and can give you a huge advantage...If you spam auto attack your the huntard friend, thats not a good way to play a hunter and that could account for the shit damage I was talking about!

LIFE