Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How long did you put in the first 12 hours?

2 pm central it came out for me, with 30 minute downtime (I went and did a wow instance and ate supper), at 2:30 am I had put in 9.5 hours <.< I feel kind of silly about that lol.

Oh and all of it but 10 minutes was on my ranger.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played for about 14 hours. I'm probably gonna stop now since there's no point in getting too far with a beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I've played for about 14 hours. I'm probably gonna stop now since there's no point in getting too far with a beta.

What level are you up to, just curious? My ranger is only 15 after 9.5 hours lol..but I did a lot of crafting and gathering to, probably slowed it a bit despite the exp you get doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auguine View Post
    What level are you up to, just curious? My ranger is only 15 after 9.5 hours lol..but I did a lot of crafting and gathering to, probably slowed it a bit despite the exp you get doing it.
    19, I might get to 20 tomorrow and then either roll a new profession to try or just wait for release.

Probably a little more than an hour. The fps is annoying atm.

I've played nonstop since around 1 pm EST.

At the time I write this, it is 6:15 AM. @_@

10+ Year Old Account
    Since it's just a beta, I putzed around a bit to get a feel for the game...how the areas were laid out, how fighting worked, that sort of thing. I maybe hit 6 or 7 on my Guardian. Then I spent an hour or so just reading things on the forums, trying to understand how things worked, that sort of thing. Haven't logged back in since.

Also, Arkenaw, I LOVE YOUR SIG <3 MH FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Since it's just a beta, I putzed around a bit to get a feel for the game...how the areas were laid out, how fighting worked, that sort of thing. I maybe hit 6 or 7 on my Guardian. Then I spent an hour or so just reading things on the forums, trying to understand how things worked, that sort of thing. Haven't logged back in since.

Also, Arkenaw, I LOVE YOUR SIG <3 MH FTW!
    lol thanks, it's my favorite video game series ever.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

FPS issues? I have a really bad computer (2.26 dual core, 9800m nvidia graphics card, 4gb ram laptop) and I am running very smoothly (Even more after the little patch) on low-medium settings. I could turn it up and get less, but I am fine with low medium personally.

Was it just server lag or was it actually fps? I mean on some of the massive events I would lag a bit, but never really bad O.o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    This.

10CHARR

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 10:25 AM ----------

FPS issues? I have a really bad computer (2.26 dual core, 9800m nvidia graphics card, 4gb ram laptop) and I am running very smoothly (Even more after the little patch) on low-medium settings. I could turn it up and get less, but I am fine with low medium personally.

Was it just server lag or was it actually fps? I mean on some of the massive events I would lag a bit, but never really bad O.o
    Very weird, my computer is just a tad bit behind yours and it's just unplayable, even when I'm alone. I even changed the priority of the game to high, and closed all other programs and I didn't do anything. This gives me a bit of hope though, might just be the game isn't optimized for my hardware yet and it is more or less for yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    This.

10CHARR

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 10:25 AM ----------

Very weird, my computer is just a tad bit behind yours and it's just unplayable, even when I'm alone. I even changed the priority of the game to high, and closed all other programs and I didn't do anything. This gives me a bit of hope though, might just be the game isn't optimized for my hardware yet and it is more or less for yours.
    That is really crazy, I had pandora radio going, msn messenger open while I was playing lol..must have been a server thing? I dunno, I was on a full server to!

It was actual fps. My specs are a bit better than yours, and yeah, I could only play properly when I was alone in the world.

I have a 2.5 GHz dual core processor, along with 9800 GT graphics card, and its running very smooth on medium/low settings for me.

Deleted
    About six hours. Went to bed last night as the login servers were having issues, woke up at 6am to play.

Was a good idea, servers were rather quiet.

Deleted
    Wasn't able to play last night (EU beta started at 9 pm), was able to play ~2 hours this morning. Now I'm getting the ''unable to complete operation'' error again.

10+ Year Old Account
    16 hours straight (with a 20 minute break) off 2 hours sleep.
    Finally got hungry enough to stop. So I had dinner but being away from the screen meant it finally hit me.

I might have a nap now or something then go back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Wasn't able to play last night (EU beta started at 9 pm), was able to play ~2 hours this morning. Now I'm getting the ''unable to complete operation'' error again.
    true this is annoying I thought I will be able to play more today
    I played (well struggle with DCs) since 9 pm yesterday and up to 5 am and was able to play 3hrs this morning until this code 42 error

also about FPS: I have intel core i7 2,8 GHz, 4 gb ram, and ati radeon 4870
    I'm playing with 1680x720 resolution and everything on high and I dont have any performance issues unless I get to play with 30+ people at once
    Only time I had this performance lag was Lion's Arch city (which is amazing)

about 2h, then it was 03:00 and bedtime

I had prepared for 8 hours, but problems with the servers = I only got 2 hours all-in-all. I now abandoned ranger (since Hunter is my big love in WoW, I assumed it'd fit for me) and tried a Warrior and...oh my...I might actually have to rethink going Ranger in live from the start. Pets are too buggy and weird so be any fun and unless they make them as stable at your side and controllable as the ones in WoW, it won't work for me.

Now if only the server could stop getting overcrowded so I can keep playing...I wanna make it to level 10 at least!

I played for 4 hours. I don't think I'll put much more into it this weekend, because the low framerate bug me. (i7, 12 gig ram, dual GTX580s in SLi) I'll be looking forward to see what changes the next beta weekend brings.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?