10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Whats on your to watch list? - Netflix

Today I finally signed up for Netflix. Why it took me so long to come around is beyond me, but I digress.
    Whats on your to watch list? What have you recently watched, and thought about it? [NO SPOILERS PLEASE]

Today I knocked out two movies on my to watch list. Appleseed and Troll Hunter.

Appleseed - I sat there all starry eyed at the sight of mech combat. Im a total sucker for that sort of thing. It was a great watch for anyone who likes anime / mecha. Very nice little plot twist here and there. I was reminded heavily of the Metal Gear series while watching this movie. *Disclaimer - Appleseed has several scenes with mild nudity (i.e. female nudity, but with all the goods barely covered up)*

Troll Hunter - If you like any sort of fantasy genre anything, Troll Hunter will be enjoyable. Literally, the plot is essentially what the title says (although, if you watch the previews or teaser trailers, you can gather that anyhow.) There were a few parts to the movie that made me sit back and say "Wtf? How can you ignore that?". *Disclaimer - Troll Hunter has several scenes dealing with religion, and can be misconstrued as religion bashing. However, these details stay true to the lore behind Trolls, and are necessary*

Next on my list, Valhalla Rising. I'm totally "judging the book by its cover" here. What little is described about the plot line is enough to pull me in, and its about a Viking. Good enough for me.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

Deleted
    Valhalla Rising is an arthouse movie. There is very little dialogue, the plot moves along very slowly (93 min movie at times feels like a 3hr one) and is at times confusing. It makes a lot of references to the sagas, Christianity and it's fanaticism. Definitely not for people who are expecting an action movie. Other than that, the movie is beautiful, the scenery, costumes and atmosphere of the movie is very fitting. My only complaint would be the use of overly saturated (bright red) CGI blood.

Just wanted to make sure you know this before you watch it (and maybe regret it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Valhalla Rising is an arthouse movie. There is very little dialogue, the plot moves along very slowly (93 min movie at times feels like a 3hr one) and is at times confusing. It makes a lot of references to the sagas, Christianity and it's fanaticism. Definitely not for people who are expecting an action movie. Other than that, the movie is beautiful, the scenery, costumes and atmosphere of the movie is very fitting. My only complaint would be the use of overly saturated (bright red) CGI blood.

Just wanted to make sure you know this before you watch it (and maybe regret it).
    Thanks for the heads up. I might have to shift it back in my mental queue a bit. Not really in the mood for what your describing.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't live in America, and as far as I am concerned is it only available there.
    But I watch movies free somewhere else Actually I watch a film every day.
    I randomly pick one of around seventy. 100% random which is chosen.

So, I will just rate the 8 last films I saw by this method.
    My Left Foot: 4/4
    Apocalypse Now: 3.5/4
    Fargo: 3.5/4
    The Pursuit of Happyness: 3.5/4
    Fight Club: 3.5/4
    Driving Miss Daisy: 3.5/4
    Minority Report: 3/4
    Traffic: 4/4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I don't live in America, and as far as I am concerned is it only available there.
    But I watch movies free somewhere else Actually I watch a film every day.
    I randomly pick one of around seventy. 100% random which is chosen.

So, I will just rate the 8 last films I saw by this method.
    My Left Foot: 4/4
    Apocalypse Now: 3.5/4
    Fargo: 3.5/4
    The Pursuit of Happyness: 3.5/4
    Fight Club: 3.5/4
    Driving Miss Daisy: 3.5/4
    Minority Report: 3/4
    Traffic: 4/4
    Very nice selection there. I like the diversity. I've seen most of them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually used Netflix more for Television series than Movies when I still subscribed.