Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    There are teleports which you can build. I've generally had a blast in WvW.
    Shuttle of Illidan

Look for swords near bases on the map. That indicates something is going on. Also, the dolyaks usually have some people around them. I do agree though, they need to show little dots of teammates on the map to make it feel living. No exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    I seriously thought that I'd spend 2 days in WvW. I had seen so many videos and was so hyped until 20 min in my first game...
    The areas are huge (not the problem), but what the problem is that it seems like there is only 1 ''teleport'' thing, which means if you die south, and you dont get a ress, you have to walk all way from north which takes 10 min and maybe when you are at the same place as you died on, you get killed again.... then okey change area.. but all this walking is making me so angry.... but the REAL issue Im having with WvW is that I cant see my server's players on the map except if they are 20 meters away from me.. what the hell? I seriously once walked for 30 min trying to find allies, but it's fking impossible... why havent they done as in destruction pvp where you clearly see the green dots wherever they are.. not being able to see allies in WvW is the main reason why i from now on hate it.. i cba walking for hours until i find a group....

Ah how the hype boat killed it all for u
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

At least your guys servers are actually competing... My server is just getting camped at the entrance to the middle zone by those damn green invaders. Just a huge cluster fuck as a melee
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    you can't debate with a game that sends you dragons via mail

I am going to take a wild guess and say (I haven't been in there yet) everyone is going for the main keep. You need to build catapults and waypoints and to do that you need to take enemy supply zones, cap them and get schematics to build all kinds of things. It's really a team effort.. so don't expect it to be fun when no one has a freakin clue on how to play wvwvw I honestly don't believe they are going to "fix" anything, cuz it's not broken. People just don't know what to do.

Reminds me of idiots blindly running around in AB in GW1 going herp derp I see a player let's fight him! Instead of capping area's for points.. this is probably why I won't be playing wvwvw this beta, trying to get as far as I can elsewhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    All this hate over a beta event is pretty sad. Alot of people probably haven't even tried pvp yet. I couldn't pvp yesterday because I was having connections issues like many other people were having.

Don't start hating on something that isn't even live yet. I see the same 3 or 4 people just complaining about the game when its only the first big beta weekend. Either give them time to fix things or just don't play. Or better yet, go to the beta forums with your concerns about pvp.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Back in the early days of WoW there was only one GY in STV & Barrens it was a 10+ min run to get back to your corpse in either of those at some points. Give it time they will fix these small things they are easy fixes worry about the important things.
    Uphill both ways.

This is why I won't start WvW until I'm lv80 post launch. I'm going to give everyone time to learn before I jump in. I have an ideal image of WvW in my head, and I know it'll be a while before it comes even close to it.

As for the long walks, they can't be too short or the zerg can just corpse run a keep.

I've spent the entire day watching livestreams of GW2 and went in with an opinion of meh.

That opinion has been shattered. I personally think they did a killer job with WvW with the siege weapon additions and overall effort of everyone tied to your color.

I could see this being a huge success when GuildWars 2 goes live.

Went from not wanting to pre-order to already purchased.

WvWvW DOES require thought and groups. I ran around with 15 people last night for 5 hours in WvWvW and had the time of my life. Team up and learn what can be done.

Ports can be made so you dont end up in the keep every time
    Team up and party...kinda sucks no one can afford to be a squad leader but this will change come live.
    You kept saying "I was forced"....Not teaming up I'm assuming.
    Don't just run into walls without siege weapons. Take down some supply depo's

Basically everything you ranted about can be fixed by knowing what you are doing and grouping up with people...this is an MMO. May have been a while since alot of us played a true mmo but you need to changed your mindset on a few things. I'm loving WvWvW but at first I felt like you. Knowledge is key.

Well said.

Deleted
    Here's a solution for you OP and everyone else in the beta who doesn't like it.
    You go on the forums or beta reporting tool and write what you don't like... that's why you're there, to test the game and report problems... is it that hard to understand?

I found WvW ridiculously fun. If you died and there was no teleports built, then it's kind of your/your servers fault for that, isn't it? Death and running back is your punishment, as any real PvP should have atleast some punishment for dying.

Either way I was playing with friends so I take it that helped make it very much interesting.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

The only fail here is the OP for coming to whine about a BETA in which the OP didn't even understand 10% of what was going on in WvW. Please leave your feedback at Anets door and not here on MMO where we can discuss other more interesting things.

It's annoying to see all these posts by ignorant people.

Let's not open topics for everyone's expectations