Lack of diversity in low level professions

Did anyone else find the lack of diversity in the classes annoying? With skills relying on weapons, it seems like all the physical classes atleast play the same. I understand once you get to 15 and can unlock the first trait line they might be different, but that is a good 4 hours or so into it. I ended up mostly playing a ranger because there seemed to me that a warrior (my profession of choice before the BWE) was just a ranger with no pet.

Was I the only one who felt this way? Do the classes at 80 or in WvWvW where everything is unlocked have alot more diversity? Or is it just based on weapon choice rather than profession?

Trait choices and utilities definitely make a difference at 80. I felt like some of the traits improved your character more than you would expect. Elite abilities are pretty huge too.

Traits aren't unlocked in WvW btw.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-05-01 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Traits aren't unlocked in WvW btw.
    I thought they were, didn't play any of it this weekend so good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Did anyone else find the lack of diversity in the classes annoying? With skills relying on weapons, it seems like all the physical classes atleast play the same. I understand once you get to 15 and can unlock the first trait line they might be different, but that is a good 4 hours or so into it. I ended up mostly playing a ranger because there seemed to me that a warrior (my profession of choice before the BWE) was just a ranger with no pet.

Was I the only one who felt this way? Do the classes at 80 or in WvWvW where everything is unlocked have alot more diversity? Or is it just based on weapon choice rather than profession?
    Warrior with Dual Axes is different than Ranger with Dual Axes, even from the start. I don't feel like any profession is too similar at any point in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    I thought they were, didn't play any of it this weekend so good to know.
    Your stats are boosted up to a lvl 80, sorta, but none of your utilities or traits are unlocked. Those are all based on what you've unlocked yourself and what your actual level is.

It's only in structured pvp where everything is unlocked and you're given lvl 80 gear.

Really? I had the opposite impression. I actually thought the differences in all of the professions were pretty pronounced.